Endometriosis and Gluten-free diet?

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Endometriosis and Gluten-free diet?

Postby MissHLW » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a Endo sufferer and have been TTC since April 2013.

I am doing some research into a Gluten-free diet and how it benefits Endo sufferers, I was wondering if anyone has some success stories or has noticed a difference in their pain/periods etc?

I must admit, luckily ever since my Laporocopy in Sept 2012 my pain hasn't been as bad as it was before (still very painful at times tho) but I am hoping that perhaps if I give it a go it may help me get my BFP.

Any help/advice about Endometriosis will be appreciated :) Or even just to share our stories would be nice.

Thank You x
Me and DF in our 20's
TTC #1 since May
Cycle #8
Endometriosis diagnosed with Lap in 2012
Another Laparoscopy and Dye test scheduled for FEB 2014
Cycle Day 21 blood test scheduled for this month & SA for DF this month.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/42d79c/
MissHLW
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Endometriosis and Gluten-free diet?

Postby ambernicole8484 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:15 am

I'm interested in this as well. I had the lap surgery done last year in August and I'm pretty sure my endo is back worse than before. Or my tolerance is just weakened from having little to no pain this past year after surgery. I'm hoping to schedule an appointment with my doctor to let him know about pain. Not sure what we'll do? Anyway, I'm interested to know things I can do on my own and I've heard that a gluten-free diet can help.
Me 30 ~ DH 31 ~ DD 11 - DS 12/5/14

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

10 years and 11 months after our sweet baby girl, our sweet baby boy arrived <3

Blog <3
http://eatingmyselfpregnant.blogspot.com/
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AMgirl13 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:14 pm

Hi girls I highly recommend going gluten free. I actually recommend doing the endometrosis diet. I have been ttc for 3+ years. I started the diet about 3 months ago and then acupuncture 2 months ago and got a bfp for the very first time ever. Although I am having a miscarriage now at 6 weeks I am sure this is what has helped me. I was diagnosed by laparoscopy jan 2012 with mild endo. I really recommend a good acupuncturist also because I believe in the natural treatments and it obviously got me somewhere. I wish you both much luck! :)
Started TTC #1 2010
March 2014: BFP DD1 12/1/14
TTC #2
AMgirl13
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ABelle » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:39 pm

I agree, going GF has helped me. I started acupuncture almost a year ago and it also has been a total life saver. In addition to being gluten free, I'm also dairy, soy, and caffeine free. Good luck ladies!

Let's get us some :bfp: in 2014!
Me {Anne}- 33 :hi: (Hypothyroidism, Single A1298C MTHFR, Endometriosis, ANA neg)
DH- 42. (amazeballs) :wiggle:
Married since 2005. TTC 60 months before finally getting our positive!

2 Lap Surgeries, 3 HSGs, 4 rounds of Clomid, 3 IUI's, 1 IVF cancelled (cysts) = all :bfn:

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babymama95 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:58 pm

I have endo and I cut out dairy and traded in for almond milk products (yummy!) and I feel so much better! Working to cut out caffeine as well. Also another couple things that have really helped me is using pads instead of tampons and not having sex during AF. Both of these things can push tissue up through your cervix, causing irritation or infection. My cramps are sooooo much better since I stopped using tampons!
Kelsea (me)-21 :hb: DF-28
First RE Appointment 3/21/14: Did an ultrasound which showed I wasn't producing any mature follicles on CD 7, uterine lining was 7.44 mm, so prescribed 50 mg Clomid for five days.
Ultrasound 3/28/14: Three beautiful mature follicles! Given an HCG trigger that day and will give myself three boosters during the tww. :bfn: Waiting on AF
Planning on HSG when AF comes then cycle 2 of Clomid + Hcg boosters
DF had his SA 8/2/13: Count- 28 mil. Motility-67% 10% were abnormal
Hoping for TWINS

:bfp: 4/22/13 :angel: Chemical Pregnancy

babymama95
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby ttcnightshiftrn » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:53 am

GF has made a HUGE difference for me! I thought it was crazy at first but it has made such a difference for me. I suggest trying it to all my endo girls!

Side note, my endo is all behind my ovaries and was adhered to bowel in my lap in 2011. I had severe constipation before my period and felt a strong urge to have a BM with my cramps. That is nearly gone now.
ttcnightshiftrn

Postby Tina03 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:54 pm

I can only recommend to go gluten free too. Pain got so much better and it seems as if my cysts are gone, at least on the last ultrasound no problems with my ovaries were noted. Have to ask on the next one again...
I'm also dairy free, love almond milk and use it for my calcium intake instead of milk as well as for baking and cooking. Soy is something to avoid too as endo patients are already estrogen dominant. I occasionally cheat though with sweets, a bit cheese or some foods with gluten but mainly keep to it and it already made a difference.
I also managed to get pregnant after starting the diet 2 months before that. Sadly I had a miscarriage but I'm convinced the diet helped me to get pregnant besides some other natural treatments.
2012 diagnosed with endometriosis, surgery/lap, diagnosed with subseptate uterus 2017...TTC since almost 3 years before first BFP in 2015
2015 August 4 - MC identical twins at 7 w, BFP @ 13dpo - squinter BFP @ 12 dpo, Betas: 152, 310, 1982
2016 Oct 10 - MC at 5-6 weeks, BFP @ 9dpo, Beta @ 4w 199

2016 Dec 30 - BFP @ 9dpo > EDD Sept 13, 2017 It's a BOY (av. BPM 130)

Tina03
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby jollysp14 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:49 am

I had endometriosis in 2011 and removed it nicely by laparoscopy but i did not ttc back then and had been taking bc for 3 years to keep everything nice and clean. now i was started to conceive for 4 5 months but still noting!
I might have go for iui. any one gets shorter period???? shorter cd????

what does gluten do with endo?????
jollysp14

Postby Tina03 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:50 am

It's an immune problem, endo seems linked to immunologic problems and celiac disease, gluten intolerant people. And many noticed improvements avoiding gluten, so there seems to be a connection. Overall if your digestion isn't working properly, your body doesn't get the right nutrition which you need to get pregnant. I'm doing a lot research regarding endo and update myself on it as much I can. I have short periods with max one heavy day of bleeding, but other than that a pretty normal and regular cycle, my ovulation is usually a little late around cd 17/18, what gives me a short luteal phase, but I improved that with taking vitex from 10 days to 12.
2012 diagnosed with endometriosis, surgery/lap, diagnosed with subseptate uterus 2017...TTC since almost 3 years before first BFP in 2015
2015 August 4 - MC identical twins at 7 w, BFP @ 13dpo - squinter BFP @ 12 dpo, Betas: 152, 310, 1982

Tina03
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Rfk » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:52 pm

I'm trying this now but it's so hard!! I had severe endo and no pain at all strangely/luckily except for bowel symptoms (loose stools).
I have an extremely healthy diet already, no refined carbs all natural and organic but am still getting bowel discomfort and feel like I need to pass wind even after surgery. I am closely monitoring my diet and trying out gluten free. On the days that I don't have gluten my symptoms completely go away!! It's so easy at home but very difficult eating out in restaurants..need more willpower! But I definitely believe it has a positive effect!
Rfk

Postby Tina03 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:26 pm

It's not easy to keep to a diet but it's necessary to feel better. Women with endo have usually high estrogen so you have to reduce that, some food, like for example soy products, have pseudo estrogen which you don't want do add on top of your high estrogen already. Even in cosmetics there's pseudo estrogen or other chemicals that cause an imbalance of your hormones. I even use natural cosmetic products, natural toothpaste etc. and have natural cleaners at home too. And since there's links to immunological problems, you do what you can to not over or under stimulate your immune system. Your immune system is too busy fighting other problems or is overstimulated from allergies agains food you eat. I feel a lot better since I started all this. I occasionally cheat of course, but it still works out for me.
Here's a link for an approach the natural way : http://avivaromm.com/endometriosis-natural-approach

Also for those that wonder if vitex/Agnus castus/monks pepper works for endo patients....it does, as vitex favors progesterone and helps balancing hormones in general, also gets rid of pms. It's perfect for high estrogen women, that's why I choose it and it helped me. But there's more herbs that can do that as well, just don't choose any therapies or herbs that favor or increase estrogen.

Tina03
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Endometriosis