Question for those who have spotting

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Question for those who have spotting

Postby Lulubee » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:59 pm

HI ladies,
I suspect I may have endometriosis as I have some crazy spotting going on and both sisters have endo. I haven't had a lap. to confirm, though.

I just wanted to ask a couple of questions to see if the spotting I'm getting is typical of endo. or if it could be something else.

For those of you who have endo. and who experience spotting during your cycle - what is the spotting like (colour etc.)? How long does it last? And when is it (just during the luteal phase or all throughout the cycle)?

I used to just have about 3 days of brown gunky spotting just before AF. Now, though, I'm experiencing heaps of red and rusty coloured spotting as early as 3 dpo lasting until AF. It's a lot redder than before and starting so much earlier. It is only during my luteal phase, though, never before I ovulate.

The other thing is that I'm breastfeeding DD. But I've had about 6 cycles since my periods returned after having DD and the spotting seems to be getting worse.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Lulubee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Question for those who have spotting

Postby hoping4miracle2009 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:27 am

Hi. I was diagnosed with stage 1 endo on my ovaries back when I was first going for infertility treatments. Back then I didn't have many signs other than unexplained infertility. My mother had a histerectomy at age 30 because hers got so bad. So I thought why not shoot for a lap and see. Well after my twins were born my endo got worse. I would bleed for 12 days and during ovulation. After having my last baby the pain is way worse. I don't bleed as long (I think it is because of my mirena) but I do still spot during ovulation. It is always brown not red. I have debated asking my Dr to go in and clean it out again. Not sure if this helped, but there it is lol.
TTC #1 since 8/07
Clomid BFP 2-28-09 :angel:4/24/09
10/13/10 ER 13 eggs 10 Fertilized
10/18/10 ET Grade B Grade D no snowbabies
10/23/10 BFP!!!!!!!! dollar tree test
10/24/10 BFP confirmed on Answer
10/27/10 Beta 153 9dp5dt or 14dpo
10/29/10 Beta 317 11dp5dt or 16dpo
11/15/10 1st u/s scheduled IT"S TWINS Baby A 121 Baby B 126
11/29/10 Baby A 170 Baby B 171
1/19/11 Baby A 148 Baby B 154
2/3/11 We are Boys
6/17/11 Beckham Cale and Brody Kingston
1/5/2013 Bray Isaiah
http://kandicebakerinfertility.blogspot.com/
Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. John 9:3
" width="0" height="0" alt="User avatar" />
hoping4miracle2009

Postby Lulubee » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:06 am

Thanks so much for your response. That does really help.
I've heard from other confirmed endo. sufferers that their spotting is also always brown, never red. That sounds so similar to what I used to always have (for years). It would always be brown gunk for a few days before AF. I'm pretty sure it's endo. in my case too. Things are really different now, since DD, but I figure it might be due to the hormonal changes going on, and the breastfeeding. In many ways the endo. symptoms I used to get (really heavy, clotty AF, brown spotting etc., PMS) are heaps better or even gone since DD. But they have been replaced by this crazy red spotting. It's confusing! I guess I'll see what happens and if things change back to the way they used to be. I think until the endo. is causing me serious issues, I'll probably just keep on wondering and not getting the laparoscopy - as I've heard that is really only necessary to treat either severe pain or infertility.

Am seeing my doctor tomorrow for a pap smear so will ask her what she thinks of all this and if she thinks I should investigate the possible endo. further. I'm guessing she'll advise me to sit back and only tackle it if it becomes an issue. We're going to start TTC #2 in December, so I'll see how that goes.

Thanks again!
Lulubee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ambernicole8484 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:02 pm

How did things go with your doctor? I have endo and I spot before and after my period for 3-4 days. I mostly get the brown gunk but sometimes it is red also. Mostly brown though.
Me 30 ~ DH 31 ~ DD 11 - DS 12/5/14

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

10 years and 11 months after our sweet baby girl, our sweet baby boy arrived <3

Blog <3
http://eatingmyselfpregnant.blogspot.com/
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Endometriosis