New Girl!

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New Girl!

Postby amandamartinez10 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:00 am

Hello everyone!
First off this is the first forum where I have seen so many positive outcomes with fertility and I love that!
I am new so I thought I should post my story and get all the support I can get! warning: this may be a little lengthy!
About 3 months ago I went to my OBGYN for pain on my right side. My OBGYN first tried to do a physical on me but it hurt way too much. Since it was on my right side he was afraid it could be appendicitis so I was sent out for a CT scan. They found that I had an ovarian cyst that needed removal. The next week I had my 8cm cyst removed and was on my way to recovery. About 2-3 weeks later I started my period (keep in mind I'm on the IUD) and it lasted about 8 days (off and on not too heavy but I had quite a bit of pain). I thought it was a little weird but I shrugged it off cause I had just had surgery, I've always had horrible periods and I figured it was from my body adjusting from surgery.
Just a few weeks ago I had the same familiar pain (which I don't think I will ever forget) coming up again. I made another appointment and sure enough I had another cyst. During this appointment I explained how I had a real long period and I thought that was weird. My OBGYN then told me I have very minimal signs of endometriosis. I honestly had no idea what endometriosis was so I started doing research! I never knew having heavy periods was a cause of a disease. Honesty, I just thought I was a wimp when it came to my time of month.
Anyway, last Friday I had surgery to remove my second cyst and I asked my dr how bad the endometriosis was. He said it hasn't progressed much at all. I then asked him how long I have to have children because that's something I really want to do.
He said considering my age (27) and the fact that it hasn't advanced much and my Fallopian tubes are still clear I should start trying right away if I want to have kids. Realistically, I wasn't prepared to have kids quite yet but if this is my window of opportunity then I feel like it has happened for a reason. My boyfriend and I have been together for about 3 years, live together and have talked about getting married/having kids like crazy but I wanted to purchase a home first (which I just did an I am closing in just a week!yay!). We have had many heavy conversations about this recently and we are both perfectly ok with starting our family earlier then planned (we are financially prepared, have a strong relationship & now a home of our own). Both of our families are very supportive with our decision and I feel extremely blessed for that!
I have my surgical follow up on Oct 7th and i am very anxious!!!I will then have my IUD removed and start on pre-natals then TTC!
Has anyone else been through something similar or can relate?
amandamartinez10
Friend

Re: New Girl!

Postby Menehune » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:47 am

Hi Amanda, after going through the full suite of infertility treatments and finally conceiving through ivf, I think you are making a sound decision. I wish someone told me when I was 27 that it could be so difficult to start a family. Best wishes to you and hope you get your bfp soon!
Me - 36 (PCOS/Endo/polyps), Him - 37
TTC #1 since Jan 2009
MM/C Apr 2010 @ 5wks
Clomid only Sept-Nov 2010
Clomid/IUI Feb-Mar 2011
Acupuncture 2011
IUI #3 Oct 2012
Started Metformin for PCOS
Clomid/IUI #4 Nov 2012
Laparascopy/Hysteroscopy/D&C Dec 2012 - Endo removed from both ovaries and bladder, uterine polyps removed
Clomid/IUI Jan-Mar 2013
Mar 2013 - Acupuncture to prep for IVF
Hysteroscopy/Endo scratch/polyps removed May 2013
IVF #1 June 2013, Long lupron, follistim/menopur, 30 eggs retrieved, 27 mature, 15 fertilized, 11 5-day blasts, freeze all due to OHSS
8/23/13 FET 3x5-day blasts transferred, BFP 6dp5dt, betas 380 @ 10dp5dt, 810 @ 12dp5dt, 38,185 @ 22dp5dt, U/S 9/26 Twins!
The twins arrived at 34 weeks, baby boy spent 2 weeks in NICU, baby girl spent 3 weeks in NICU
Menehune
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby amandamartinez10 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:40 pm

Thank You so much!!! :-) Congrats to you as well!!!!!
amandamartinez10
Friend

Postby ambernicole8484 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:00 pm

I'm 29, have endo, and have lived with it all this time thinking I was a wimp as well! LOL :) I had my first lap done in August of last year and I was completely amazed at the lack of pain. It was incredible. I could even take otc pain meds and felt great! FX for a speedy pregnancy. Endo can be a scary disease when it comes to ttc.
Me 30 ~ DH 31 ~ DD 11 - DS 12/5/14

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

10 years and 11 months after our sweet baby girl, our sweet baby boy arrived <3

Blog <3
http://eatingmyselfpregnant.blogspot.com/
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Endometriosis