Changing diet to help Endo

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Changing diet to help Endo

Postby ambernicole8484 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:51 pm

Furbabies -- I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. I'm not getting updates sometimes?? Anyway, I have to wait because I was supposed to be out of state with dd for her surgery already. She ended up getting sick and they pushed back surgery. Once she has surgery we will stay there for around 4 months. I don't want to clean up my endo and let it grow back while we are on a forced break. Dh will have to come back home and will only visit a few days a month because of work. He will be in ky and I will be in MD.
Me 30 ~ DH 31 ~ DD 11 - DS 12/5/14

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

10 years and 11 months after our sweet baby girl, our sweet baby boy arrived <3

Blog <3
http://eatingmyselfpregnant.blogspot.com/
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby loving_ladie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:01 pm

Amber I tried to pm you bit it wasn't working. is the eating helping your pain?
Me- 23severe endo. Docs think it's in bowel & bladder & warned I could end up with colostomy and or urostomy if a full hyst is not done asap.
10/2012 Lap Endo dx
07/2013 Have a baby or hyst-figure it out doc says
11/2013 hsg all good
08/2013 200mg levothyroxine, 500mg metformin 2*day, Necon obc
IUI-100mg clomid, estradiol #1Jan 6,2014
1/23/14 -BFN
9/20/2014 IUI #2 100mg clomid, hcg trigger shot, progesterone supps- Doc cancelled IUI and decided to try timed intercourse
10/4/14-BFN
Married 11/1/14
Lap for endo removal-11/28/14
BFP!!!-12/3/14-VERY SCARY 1ST TRI D/T surgery
U/S once a week, then moved to every 2 weeks
2/2/15-Baby looks great! Measuring ahead by 7 days. Doc moved EDD t 08/10/15

loving_ladie
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby ambernicole8484 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:15 pm

I got the PM, and yes it's helping a LOT! I've actually had significant pain reduction. So much so that
OTC meds are actually working. Before I started controlling my diet I would end up in the tub for 8+ hours a few days during AF. This happened a lot at night. I know it's dangerous, but it was the only way I could sleep. Poor DH would be up and down to check on me often. I'd wake up when it became cold, let it out, and fill it back up with warm. It's not easy to make the endo diet changes, but if you start small and don't overwhelm yourself it can happen. The first thing I did was cut out milk, cheese, and yogurt for a week at a time until I reached a month. I felt better the very first month. I just kept going from there.

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

Blog <3
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby have6furrybabies » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:17 pm

I've been gluten free since 2009. I have just been told that I need to have lap#6 in Feb. Whilst I'm relatively pain free, it's not helping with controlling the recurrence of the ENDO. It's so depressing.

Amber, it's wonderful that you are experiencing pain relief! :)
ME 37 DP 52

6 fur children
have6furrybabies
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ambernicole8484 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:20 pm

I'm trying to go gluten free but have not been successful yet. That stuff is in everything. I'm hoping I can continue to manage my pain with my diet and then just get an hsg from time to time to make sure tubes stay open. That sucks that you're getting ready to do lap #6 :( How often do you have your laps?

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

Blog <3
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby have6furrybabies » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:19 am

Amber, this will be my 6th one in 5 years. Last one was Feb 2013.
ME 37 DP 52

6 fur children
have6furrybabies
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Zokica » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:10 am

Hello ladies :)

I decided to join in in the discussion seeing as I have been changing my diet in the last month. I've been a Celiac all my life and I still ended up with endo despite a rigorous gluten free life style. So I figure, no...that can't be the connection. My money was/is on proccessed food, too much salt, sugar and dairy.
Like most of you, I cheat on occasion (just not with gluten) and I put cheese on my salads :) I drink a fruit smoothie every morning with a fistful of nuts, lean meat and enormous amount of veggies for lunch, lots of fish, olive oil, eggs... Sometimes I get really hungry so I drink green tea and nibble on a carrot. NO chocolate, chips, proccessed food, junk food. Everything that goes into my mouth is made from scratch.

The end product after a month: NO breast pain after ovulation due to water retention which, by the way, happens every month. NO cramping during the month, OK maybe a little during ovulation, I've also lost some weight (yaaaaay) and here's the biggie - an incredible decrease of pain during AF. So much so I was convinced I was pregnant right until the minute the wicked witch showed up. Second day of AF still nothing, I have dance practice tonight and I'm going. Have had ZERO painkillers. IT IS INCREDIBLE. :D

Now, I'm left wondering if it is just a lucky shot that I'm in no pain this month or I am doing something right? I definately feel amazing, exept the tears upon the arrival of AF, and I am for sure sticking to it!

Will keep you posted! Baby dust to all :babyb: :babyg: :babyg:
Zokica
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ambernicole8484 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:23 am

Hey Zokica!

I'm happy to see that you're having success. During my first month of reduced pain I had the same thought. I just knew it was going to be a fluke. Keep up what you're doing and hopefully next month will be the same. Sounds like we've cut out similar things. I still eat eggs, which are not endo friendly, I think. I did cut them out but it didn't seem to make a difference. I've been trying to cut out all canned foods, but I can't seem to break myself from canned tomatoes. I have never put nuts in my smoothie. Do they chop up well? I do use chia seeds in my smoothies, but I have to drink them fast or they turn into a big cup of goo LOL

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

Blog <3
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Zokica » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:46 am

Should have written in a clearer manner. I eat the nuts :) they are too good to be put in a smoothie, besides, you have to nibble on something. :)

I'm probably way too optimistic but the way I see it, I'm eating healthy so it can't be useless. If nothing else, I will be thinner when I get pregnant, so I can get fat in peace :D
Zokica
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ambernicole8484 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:29 am

I love your way of thinking :) I always have a secret laugh at my attempts to get skinny so I can get fat.

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

Blog <3
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Endometriosis