laparoscopy this month

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

laparoscopy this month

Postby debrown01 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:37 am

Hi everyone,
Looking for some support. Me and hubby have been TTC for over a year now. We have had hysteropinogram (sp) and sperm test and follicle study. Follicle study turned up a cyst on left ovary. This month scheduling a laparoscopy to probably remove the cyst and see if I have endometriosis. Anyone have good luck conceiving after laparoscopy? I am starting to give up hope but feel like I cant stop trying. It is weird as this is the first month in almost a year that we are not trying it feels like were giving up even though were not trying because of the surgery. I blocked a lot of peoples feeds on facebook that were pregnant that is helping with the anger and disappointment a bit. Thank you everyone for your thoughts it is so nice to know that I am not in this alone.
Dawn
debrown01
Friend

Re: laparoscopy this month

Postby Zokica » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi there :)

As an endo sufferer myself, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I had a laparoscopy in March to get rid of the cysts and scar tissue and to improve my odds. So far unsuccessfully :( hopefully others who had success concieving after their lap will come forward and give me a little bit of hope as well.

The good news is that the laparoscopy is no where near as diffucult as I imagined. A walk in the park. For me, it helped a lot with managing the pain during the month, AF and BD.

Best of luck to you!
Zokica
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Zokica » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:39 pm

P.S. People over share on facebook anyway :D no harm done for blocking them, their comments and ultrasound pictures! Protect yourself from unneccessary comments and keep it positive!
Zokica
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ambernicole8484 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Hey :) I'm an endo gal myself. I had my first lap a year and a half ago. It wasn't too bad, but I think my recovery time was prolonged because I refused to sit up for a couple of days. Once I started making myself prop up, and eventually get up and move around, it go so much better. KUP on how things go! FX :)
Me 30 ~ DH 31 ~ DD 11 - DS 12/5/14

BFP ~ 4/2/14 <3

10 years and 11 months after our sweet baby girl, our sweet baby boy arrived <3

Blog <3
http://eatingmyselfpregnant.blogspot.com/
ambernicole8484
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ABelle » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:14 pm

I also have had two lap surgeries. First one we went in to remove a cyst and clear out the endo that they discovered I had during that surgery. Second one was a year later and it was to see if we could get any dye thru the tubes this time around. Tubes are open but still unsuccessful in getting a BFP however it can only help make your uterus a better environment to conceive, esp if you do IUI or IVF. Last surgery was two years ago.

Recovery was ridiculously easy. I had periods that were more painful than that recovery. Best of luck to you sweetie!
Me {Anne}- 33 :hi: (Hypothyroidism, Single A1298C MTHFR, Endometriosis, ANA neg)
DH- 42. (amazeballs) :wiggle:
Married since 2005. TTC 60 months before finally getting our positive!

2 Lap Surgeries, 3 HSGs, 4 rounds of Clomid, 3 IUI's, 1 IVF cancelled (cysts) = all :bfn:

ABelle
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Menehune » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:04 pm

Dawn, I had a lap in Dec 2012 and was diagnosed w/ endometriosis. We tried a few IUIs and eventually moved to IVF, where we had success! I had a lot of "work done" so it's hard to say what exactly helped us to conceive (see my siggy). But, the diagnoses helped to push us towards IVF, and ultimately, our twin conception. Hang in there! Regardless of the results, it will help to guide your doc towards your next steps, and hopefully, get you closer to your baby. Try to take everything in baby steps and know that you're progressing towards your ultimate goal. It's a crappy, tough process, but hang in there! It will all be worth it! :babydustb:

Best,
M
Me - 36 (PCOS/Endo/polyps), Him - 37
TTC #1 since Jan 2009
MM/C Apr 2010 @ 5wks
Clomid only Sept-Nov 2010
Clomid/IUI Feb-Mar 2011
Acupuncture 2011
IUI #3 Oct 2012
Started Metformin for PCOS
Clomid/IUI #4 Nov 2012
Laparascopy/Hysteroscopy/D&C Dec 2012 - Endo removed from both ovaries and bladder, uterine polyps removed
Clomid/IUI Jan-Mar 2013
Mar 2013 - Acupuncture to prep for IVF
Hysteroscopy/Endo scratch/polyps removed May 2013
IVF #1 June 2013, Long lupron, follistim/menopur, 30 eggs retrieved, 27 mature, 15 fertilized, 11 5-day blasts, freeze all due to OHSS
8/23/13 FET 3x5-day blasts transferred, BFP 6dp5dt, betas 380 @ 10dp5dt, 810 @ 12dp5dt, 38,185 @ 22dp5dt, U/S 9/26 Twins!
The twins arrived at 34 weeks, baby boy spent 2 weeks in NICU, baby girl spent 3 weeks in NICU
Menehune
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby LittleMrsW » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:24 pm

Good luck debrown! Don't give up hope! Fingers crossed for you.
Me Brittni-26
DH-29
Married August 2011
NTNP since 2011
Actively TTC#1 since March 2013
BFP February 27th, MMC @ 6w4d
LittleMrsW

Postby debrown01 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:28 am

Thank you everyone! Your words of encouragement make me smile! I cant wait to get this surgery done with and have two weeks to rest, recover and recharge. Thank you all for your support and words of wisdom about laparoscopy and fertility!
Dawn
debrown01
Friend

Return to Endometriosis