Lap with PSN, BFP, then Ectopic :(

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Lap with PSN, BFP, then Ectopic :(

Postby ttcfirst » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:51 pm

Hi Ladies,

I'm new here and wanted to see if any of you might help me with my questions concerning a PSN (Presacral Neurectomy) as there is limited information on the internet about this procedure's after effects. I apologize in advance for the length of this post and any TMI.

I had a PSN (Presacral Neurectomy) done along with some endo removed on the 14th of Jan during a laparoscopy. Prior to surgery I started taking birth control to delay my period until I was ready. About a month after the procedure, in February, I got the go ahead from my RE to go off the pill and start taking Metformin. Since then, I've been taking Metformin and I quickly got up to 2,000mg per day. Considering I was only taking the active birth control pills I expected my period to start soon after I stopped taking them. It's now been over a month now and AF still hasn't arrived. On the 24th of Feb, I went to see my RE and got a blood test done. The blood test said my progesterone levels were elevated (at 22) so I ovulated and my RE said to wait 2 weeks for AF to arrive. Lately I've had lots of wet CM and trickle feelings like AF has come but when I go to check she hasn't. I'm also having very light dull cramping on either side and also generally in the middle along with some abdominal pressure. I'm taking OPK and hCG tests every morning but they're always negative except this morning (cd 89) when I had a faint positive OPK, still negative hCG though. I plan on going back next week regardless for another blood test (including a beta) if AF does not come. This feels like the longest 2ww ever... next cycle will be my first IUI cycle and I'm very excited!

To those ladies who have had the PSN (Presacral Neurectomy)...
What did your first period feel like?
Did it take longer for it to arrive?
I wonder if maybe since the PSN my uterus isn't contracting enough to get the blood flow started?

If you're unfamiliar with the procedure you can read more about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurectomy ... neurectomy

Any reply is appreciated, thanks a bunch!
Last edited by ttcfirst on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ttcfirst
Friend

Re: Anyone had a PSN (Presacral Neurectomy)?

Postby ttcfirst » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:47 pm

OMG I just took a test when I got home from work and I got a BFP!!
I hope it sticks!
ttcfirst
Friend

Postby ttcfirst » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:26 am

I took a test this morning with FMU and it was negative after 3 minutes, a few seconds later I saw a light line but no where near the BFP I got last night :(
I still plan on talking to my RE today, as soon as they answer the phone and getting a beta test.
Last edited by ttcfirst on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ttcfirst
Friend

Postby ttcfirst » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:45 am

I dont know if anyone is watching this thread as I have had no replies, but I wanted to update it regardless.
I had my BFP confirmed by my RE on Friday blood work showed 88.3mIU/mL HCG.. My RE put me on progesterone suppositories 2x 100mg per day.
I'm very excited and here's hoping everything goes well. :)
ttcfirst
Friend

Re: TTC lap success-was Anyone had a PSN (Presacral Neurecto

Postby loving_ladie » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:17 pm

Congrats !!!! I'm hoping for a sticky bebé for you!!!!
Me- 23severe endo. Docs think it's in bowel & bladder & warned I could end up with colostomy and or urostomy if a full hyst is not done asap.
10/2012 Lap Endo dx
07/2013 Have a baby or hyst-figure it out doc says
11/2013 hsg all good
08/2013 200mg levothyroxine, 500mg metformin 2*day, Necon obc
IUI-100mg clomid, estradiol #1Jan 6,2014
1/23/14 -BFN
9/20/2014 IUI #2 100mg clomid, hcg trigger shot, progesterone supps- Doc cancelled IUI and decided to try timed intercourse
10/4/14-BFN
Married 11/1/14
Lap for endo removal-11/28/14
BFP!!!-12/3/14-VERY SCARY 1ST TRI D/T surgery
U/S once a week, then moved to every 2 weeks
2/2/15-Baby looks great! Measuring ahead by 7 days. Doc moved EDD t 08/10/15

loving_ladie
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: TTC lap success-was Anyone had a PSN (Presacral Neurecto

Postby ttcfirst » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:44 pm

I went to the ER on Saturday after having stronger pains on my right side. Via ultrasound it was confirmed that it's an ectopic pregnancy located in my right fallopian tube. My HCG was over 1500 and nothing was seen in my uterus. I was given a shot of methotrexate. I'm not having any side effects yet. Just spotting and light cramping on my right side, both of which have been going on since Wednesday. I'm hoping the methotrexate does the trick and I don't need surgery. I'm still getting over the loss and trying to stay positive by looking forward to the next cycle I can try again.
ttcfirst
Friend

Re: Lap with PSN, BFP, then Ectopic :(

Postby Tagra » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:14 am

Awww...sorry for u! I hope u dont need a surgery and get that bfp again super soon :)
Cheers to life!

Me, DH - 35
TTC 7 yrs with Unexplained IF
2013 - lap & dye: all ok, DH low acrosome
2014 - First ever Feb BFP, gone @5 weeks, May-Aug IUI 1,2,3 - BFNs
2016 - IVF#1, Transferred 2 perfect 5day blasts, on hcg boosters shots (3, 5000IU) BFP!!!!

My Ovulation Chart
Tagra
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Return to Endometriosis