4 years since endo lap (& mirena) and about to start TTC

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

4 years since endo lap (& mirena) and about to start TTC

Postby kps45 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:09 pm

Hi Ladies,

My husband and I are about to start TTC and I have gone totally overboard researching and have found some worrying statistics about conceiving wih endo and the increased risks of eptopic pregnancies and early MC.

I had a laparoscopy 4 years ago in which the docs removed lots of my wide spread but mild endometriosis, luckily none was on my ovaries or fallopian tubes. I have had a Mirena in since (which has worked wonders for my pain!). I am 26 now and because I was young when I had the lap there is a significant chance the endo has grown back.

I know we won't know whether we'll have any troubles until we start trying but I was just wondering if anyone had success/troubles this long after a lap? How long did it take after having your Mirena removed did it take for your cycle to return to normal?

kps45
Friend

Re: 4 years since endo lap (& mirena) and about to start TTC

Postby jaggr228 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:57 am

So, I don't have endo or a success story. I did have abdominal adhesions from an emergency c/s and had a lapro four months ago. I also had mirena which I had a bad experience with the hormones). We are currently ttc #2 on.cycle#2. So I haven't been at it forever, but I can tell you kids are totally worth the risk. Ttc with endo can be really hard to catch the egg. But its totally possible! Women do it all the time and you can too even if its a hard journey. Don't let the statistics scare you! Good luck.
jaggr228
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Endometriosis