New Girl Here...

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New Girl Here...

Postby louwho » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:23 pm

Hey guys, newbie here. this is my first forum...

Trying to conceive since April of this year (however, had unprotected "pull out" sex for 9 years). Ordered medical records for school and noticed that mine said "signs of endometriosis" from 2005 when I went to the ER and they told me a cyst popped. However no one mentioned this or told me to follow up. I have extremely painful periods that leave me almost bed ridden for 2 days. I have hair on my chin (black, thick ones), I get terrible acne right before my periods and I can feel cysts (at least I hope) in my breasts, and I bleed so much I can barely hold my head up.

I have a huge fear of doctors so I've never went to an obgyn but since I haven't been able to conceive I made an appointment for December to try and figure out whats going on. I KNOW its endo and I KNOW they're gonna say I waited too long and I'll never have children of my own and I'm trying not to panic but I kinda am.
louwho

Re: New Girl Here...

Postby nolalady84 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:53 am

Hi louwho! I am having the Laparoscopy done this morning(laying in bed waiting to leave for the hospital). I have been somewhat of a negative person for a large part of my life. After not conceiving mth after mth, I became even more negative and relized if I was going to become a mother I needed to make some serious changes in my attitude. I first turned to my religion and then sought out acupuncture and TCM. Its only been a mth since I started this transitional journey but I feel like a completely different person! Normally I would have been terrified about this surgery but im actually excited, I'm ready to move forward closer to my dream of becoming a mother.

What I am trying to say is don't let fear over come you, we are not perfect but we still have all of our organs and are very capable of having a family! The Dr.'s may have a negative vibe but its only bc we will most likely have a harder time conceiving. Which is ok, its NOT impossible, just not instantly.

I just posted to this board this morning, I too have ovarian cyst which were found on an vaginal ultrasound (painless). Ask to have it done. They will also need to run blood work, one stick isn't too bad. Ask them to test for PCOS. See what type of cyst you have if any. Don't be scared, try to be positive. As My acupuncture Dr tells me this is not a race its a marathon. Baby Dust!
nolalady84
Friend

Return to Endometriosis