Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy & D&C this am!

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy & D&C this am!

Postby nolalady84 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:12 am

My procedure is in 4 hours and I am wide wake. It feels great to know today I'll finally have answers after 10 mths of being uncomfortable since coming off the pill. DH32(super sperm) ME30, we've been TTC for 4 mths with no luck. My mother had a hysterectomy finally at 43 bc of the pain, so I know I'm 7 times more likely to have it. I hope my Endo hasn't progressed to more than stage 3. I have small cyst present on both ovaries with the right one being slightly enlarged. I am praying this is the right step, I honesty could not find any real cons with having the surgery. Im on CD 11 I usually ''O '' around the 18th, so I'm praying Im all healed up by then. I'll post back to this board with details the whole way through and hopefully with a happy begining. :wink:
nolalady84
Friend

Re: Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy & D&C this am!

Postby nolalady84 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:27 pm

I am due to see my Dr tomorrow for the full review on my surgery. I had between stage 1 & 2. The surgery lasted a little over an hour, I was discharged 6 hours later. The first few days were difficult, I needed help getting out of bed, by day 3 I could handle it. The gas is definitely the worst part, unfortunately I felt it in full affect 5 days post surgery. I am only now 7-8 later feeling up to go about normal life activities but still very tired and a bit slow. I took off a full week to rest after my surgery but I've read other women get along just fine after a few days. I'll be back to give my full diagnoses after my visit.
nolalady84
Friend

Postby Tesskcmo » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:57 pm

That's interesting bc my doctor said I have "severe" endometriosis bc of two 1 cm endometriomas on my left ovary. Of course almost everything I've read is that you have to have a lap to officially diagnose endometriosis. I think that's encouraging you are only stage 1 or 2.
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby nolalady84 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:27 pm

Hi tesskcmo, I wound up having 16 cyst removed from both ovaries, I had mild scaring and adhesions else where. He said between stage 1 & 2. My Dr. put me on 50mg of clomid this mth, I'm dpo10 just got a bfn. This is our first month trying post op. I still had pain this cycle ovulating but just the day of and day before. I've changed my diet completely, no sugar, caffeine, alcohol, dairy, gluten and my only meat is fish. I've read diet can help with cyst, shrink them or even dissappear. I tested sort of early, I'll be sure to come back when God finally gives us our BFP! Sending prayers your way.
nolalady84
Friend

Postby Tesskcmo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:12 pm

That's so interesting. I've tried intermittently to change my diet as well. How is the diet change working for you? Have you noticed much difference? We actually got pregnant doing iui in nov but miscarried early this month.
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby nolalady84 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:14 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I believe all my efforts are helping. Its sort of hard to say that its helping with pain bc I did have the surgery. My ovaries still hurt when I ovulated this mth but I did take clomid amd I'm sure all the cyst left their mark. My mood is better, im sleeping better, I think my acupuncture dr is helping me the most. He's constantly telling me im in my prime at 30yr old. I also use my elliptical 5 times a week, I do not consume anything cold. Its all about blood flow.
nolalady84
Friend

Postby Tesskcmo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:00 pm

Cool! Yeah I'm seeing an acupuncturist too. :)
Tesskcmo
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby nolalady84 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:26 pm

What all is involved with your acupuncture therapy? Exercise, diet, restrictions?
nolalady84
Friend

Return to Endometriosis