Ultrasound woes

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Ultrasound woes

Postby WelshyGreenEyes » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:59 pm

I have just returned from an ultrasound scan with some pretty upsetting and confusing news.
My DH and I have been TTC for around 5 months now. Early days in the grand scheme of things I know, but I have been having terrible period pains for around a year and significant pain at other times in my cycle so my GP referred me for a scan. The radiographer told me she could see fibroids in my uterus and possible endometrial cysts. She also mentioned something about my ovaries being stuck together. It's this that has concerned me the most as I don't really understand what it could mean, other than a feeling that it's not good. I'm 33 and really hoped to have had children by the time I'm 35 so time isn't really on my side. Anyone got any answers? Thanks.
WelshyGreenEyes

Re: Ultrasound woes

Postby Ready4it » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:59 pm

It sounds like you will have to more than likely go in for a lap. I had an ultrasound but they didn't see anything and I went in for a lap and they found a stage 1... but don't panic! There have been many success stories of women after surgery getting pregnant. I am currently TTC in my 3rd cycle after my lap. Good luck and I hope everything turns out ok :)
TTC since July 2013
Cycles vary from 24-28 days. No BFP's AT ALL!
Lap done 9/9/14- Stage 1 endo behind uterus and one blocked tube- but cleared after HSG.
10/22/14 First cycle after lap- BFN :(
11/17/14 Second cycle after lap- BFN
Update 2/15/15- tried femera last cycle and no luck. On 6 month after lap TTC.
Feeling hopeless
Ready4it

Return to Endometriosis