New member! Need advice and support please!

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New member! Need advice and support please!

Postby pugmama » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:04 pm

Hello ladies,
My ttc journey began in October 2013, thought it would happen right away, but here I am. I had very painful periods, so I had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy in August 2014 to see if endo was the cause of my pain. Sure enough, I had minimal endo and a partial septum in my uterus. I have not yet seen an RE, but I will in 3 weeks. I need advice from you ladies with endometriosis, what has your RE suggested for a treatment plan? Anyone with minimal or mild endo take a long time to get pregnant even though everything else checks out fine? I feel very disheartened, because everything else seems fine, good SA, my tubes are open, I ovulate every month, my septum was removed. I've even changed my diet to dairy and gluten free in August, and am eating healthier in general. I just don't understand why it's still not happening. I did take femara this month since my OB suggested it, but I'm not very hopeful since I already ovulate already. I sound like such a complainer, but I'm really having a tough time. I really want to give and receive support with other women in the same boat, because I don't know anyone else personally that has infertility. Thank you!!!!
pugmama
Friend

Re: New member! Need advice and support please!

Postby babyleighjones » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:59 pm

Hi there! I am also dealing with Endo, and have been ttc #1 for 2 years now. Its been a rough road...no losses, thank God...but just a lot of heartbreak. I wish I had a success story for you, but at least we can share our experiences to help each other through!

My gyn discovered endometriosis and did a laparoscopy. Apparently there is one tiny implantation of endo in my abdomen, but then there are endometriomas inside both ovaries. It's rare, maybe developmental. I did see an RE, and she talked to us about IVF. She said "due to my age" (I wasnt even 30!), that was the only course of treatment she would recommend. Needless to say, I havent been back to her! Regardless of the age comment though, I didn't feel keen to jump to IVF. So I found an gyn that uses a more holistic approach. She has me on a boatload of supplements, gluten free diet and Clomid 50mg.

I'm on my 3rd round of Clomid, and really hoping 50mg will be all I need, becaus and the side effects have been rough. Before Clomid, I was getting positive results each month on the home ovulation predictor kits, but my progesterone levels show I was not actually ovulating. Apparently LH can rise and be detected, even if an egg is not released.

Sorry for the long explanation, but it really helps me to connect with other ladies in the same boat - I hope it helps you too!

Right now I am on cd 6, will start testing for ovulation in a few days. What about you?

Blessings on this journey! I know we will get our bfps...hopefully soon!
Me: 30, DH: 34
TTC #1
24+ mos TTC with Endometriosis
Trying to have patience and trust - Slow and Steady wins the race, right??
Hoping and praying for my miracle!
babyleighjones
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby pugmama » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:18 pm

It's really good to hear from you! I'm glad you sought out someone that would take a more holistic approach. Nobody wants to be told the only plan is IVF, it's not only very expensive, but I'm sure very emotionally and physically demanding. I'm curious as to how long you've been gluten free and if you feel it has helped with your cycles at all? (I'm not sure if you had painful cycles) Has your OB suggested Femara instead of Clomid at all? I wanted to skip right over clomid because of its effect on drying up CM and thinning the uterine lining... and Femara is not supposed to have those effects. Femara is out of your system a lot faster than clomid too.

I'm currently about 7-8 dpo today (already took a pregnancy test, which I know was a very stupid and impulsive thing to do), so I will know by next friday or saturday the result. Keep me posted on how you're doing. You'll definitely be in my thoughts and prayers!!!
pugmama
Friend

Postby babyleighjones » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:25 pm

Hey there! Don't worry, I have definitely tested on 7-8dpo before. I think that's the hardest time, because symptoms start, and the tww seems sooo long! Have you had any symptoms? What kind of tests do you use?

So I have been doing pretty well with the gluten-free diet, and I have definitely noticed a change in my digestive system. I feel much lighter and less bloated. I was having (sorry, tmi alert) painful bowel movements around the time of af, and the gluten-free thing, plus a strong probiotic and an antiinflammatory, have really helped ease that symptom for me. I have had less cramping too, but I think that may be because my Dr suggested a preventative dose of Aleve 3 days before af comes. So I dont really know if the gluten free diet is helping my Endometriosis. I guess I'll know if I get pregnant (or at least ovulate properly)! When I had my first ultrasound, and the tech saw the endometriomas in my ovaries, she asked "Don't you have pain?" I guess what she saw would indicate abdominal pain...but I never really noticed any unusual pain...but how can you compare, when all you know is what you've experienced??

I am interested in asking my Dr about Femara. I actually mentioned it to her a while back, but she started me on Clomid anyway. I don't think she'd be opposed to it. I want to tell her how it is drying me up, and all the side effects, and see what she says.

I'm on cd 8 now, having some throbbing in my left ovary, hopefully that's a good thing! How are you feeling?
TTC #1
babyleighjones
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby pugmama » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:25 am

Hey! I seem to always have symptoms, every month I think I'm pregnant... I have tender breasts, but that's very typical for me. I think what I am feeling are just the effects from progestrone.

You know, I used to get bowel symptoms and painful bms with AF, but I have not experienced that in a while. Maybe it's from being gluten free. I used to get bloated a lot and just feel gross, but that has gone away too.

Definitely try preseed or something for bd this month since you're getting dry from the clomid. I do think it's a good sign that you feel some throbbing on your left ovary. I had the same thing happen to me this month with femara. I do typically feel ovary pain every month though, but it was a little stronger with the femara. I hope you get some nice ripe follicles this month! Are you doing timed intercourse or an iui?

I also am curious, did they remove your endometriomas since they were inside your ovaries? If they did, did they have to take part of your ovaries?

Today I actually have a counseling appointment, I had my first one last week, which is good because I get the most depressed in my 2ww. My counselor was the one that suggested I join a board and reach out to people in a similar situation. It really makes you feel like you're not alone. The only interaction with other women I have are friends and coworkers, and I've gotten such insensitive comments from sharing my experience with them. Even my own mom said to me, "well hopefully you get pregnant with twins in case you can't get pregnant again" ( I think she did realize after she said it that wasn't the most helpful thing to say) It definitely is very frustrating... Are the people in your life supportive for you? I hope so!
pugmama
Friend

Postby babyleighjones » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:21 pm

Omg my mom is the worst! She keeps saying, "I always thought you'd have trouble getting pregnant." !!! SO not helpful! I've told her that its hurtful but she doesn't understand. I think it's because I have two sisters, and they are all beautiful and curvy and I'm shaped like a little boy. The more I've learned about my endo, I think its development within the ovaries actually interfered with normal hormone production. I didn't start getting periods till I was almost 16. But now they are here full-force! My sisters don't understand because they've never ttc. My friends are very supportive but I think they just pity me at this point. One friend has male and female infertility, and I do like talking with her, especially when I feel down on my situation.

I'm glad yours seeing a counselor. I have an appt with mine in two weeks.

As far as removing the endo, no, they didn't, but my Dr has said it a a possibility. I've been doing some research online about that, and it sounds like there is a debate amonng the medical community about whether removing endo does more damage to ovaries than just leaving it. I think Im leaning toward not removing it, since I don't want to lose ovarian tissue "at my age"! Ha.

It is so helpful to find other women in the same boat. I am feeling ok this week, hoping for a positive ovulation test bt the weekend.
TTC #1
babyleighjones
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby babyleighjones » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:11 pm

Pugmama, how are you? Did af come? I hope not!!
TTC #1
babyleighjones
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby pugmama » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:49 pm

Hello Babyleighjones!

It felt like AF was coming, but it never came. I got my first bfp. I have still been thinking and praying for every couple out there still going through it though, just like so many people had been praying for me. (I'm sorry about the bfp announcement, I was always very happy for people when they announced a pregnancy, but at the same time it hurt because it made me feel like everyone else on the planet was fertile, except me)

How are you doing? Did you get a positive ovulation last weekend or this week? I hope so!
pugmama
Friend

Postby babyleighjones » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:32 pm

!!! Congratulations !!!
That's so awesome! You don't have to be sorry! It's encouraging to hear good news from ladies with endo. I hope you're feeling well and I will pray that you have a happy and healthy 9 months. So happy for you!
TTC #1
babyleighjones
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby nolalady84 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:44 pm

Pugmama, Congratulations! This is my 1st mth post op, stage 2 I'm dpo 10 (50mg clomid 3-7) got a bfn, what dpo did you get your bfp on?
nolalady84
Friend

Postby nolalady84 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:44 pm

Pugmama, Congratulations! This is my 1st mth post op, stage 2 I'm dpo 10 (50mg clomid 3-7) got a bfn, what dpo did you get your bfp on?
nolalady84
Friend

Postby pugmama » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:19 am

Thank you Babyleighjones! I'm rooting for you too!

Thanks nolalady! I took a test like 7 dpo, which was silly and then I realized later it wasn't even an early result one... The night of 11 dpo, I was getting really down because it felt like my period was coming, but I didn't want to wait until my period to let myself move on from the cycle. Anyways it was an ept (a blue dye test) and it was faint, I don't think I would have seen much at 10 dpo, especially if it was in the morning. There's a lady I follow on YouTube that had stage 2 endo, she took femara and got a bfp at 11 dpo, it was negative at 10 dpo. I hope it works out for you!
pugmama
Friend

Postby nolalady84 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:43 pm

Thank you for responding! I hope thats the case for me too! I am going to test tomorrow am with an early response test, Ive been using the Dollar Store brand.
nolalady84
Friend

Postby babyleighjones » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:27 pm

Fx for you nolalady! I hope this is your month!
TTC #1
babyleighjones
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby babyleighjones » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:27 pm

Fx for you nolalady! I hope this is your month!
TTC #1
babyleighjones
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Endometriosis