Endometriosis pcos & ttc

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Endometriosis pcos & ttc

Postby saucettc2015 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:25 am

Hi Everyone!
Id like to tell you a story about my journey thus far, and any insight, or information, would be greatly appreciated!

For me it all started back in July of 2014 around the 4th of July, I was hit with this bring me to my knees kind of pain from my right ovary. I have PCOS, was diagnosed with it when I was 16, so I'm used to the pains, and the nonexsisting periods. I guess I should say, my periods are very irregular and my last cycle was in April of 2014, and not sure when the last one before that one was...but anyway. Horrible pain hit, I thought maybe I'm about to start? Maybe its an infection, I had no clue, but the pain lasted a few weeks, so I made an appointment with my obgyn. While I was there for my appointment all that was conducted was a vaginal ultrasound, didn't hurt, felt fine, she went over the results, said that I probably had a cyst rupture, and sent me on my way.

Few weeks later, now in August of 2014, my lower back starts to give me a lot of trouble, along with my right ovary, the pain was so severe I was put on medical leave from my primary doctor because I was to the point standing was no longer an option. Finally after tests, and mri's, I was told I had a pretty good sized cyst on my right ovary, and I needed to have another ultrasound to have it checked out. I thought ok, I was just there, and I needed this again? What's going on!!?? So I made the appointment, again, showed up a week or so later..could barely move because of my back pain, plus ovary pain..then when the nurse went to do the ultrasound I screamed at the top of my lungs, it was the worst pain I had ever felt, I don't know how else to describe it, I laid there and cried wishing she would hurry, finally when she was finished, I knew the results couldn't be good...and they weren't. Some how in a months time my endometrium was almost 3 inches, yes inches thick! I'm thinking how did she not see this the first time?? But this is where I learned that I 99% had a chance of having endometriosis, which we always thought I had, because i had all the signs, but now she's like you need surgery, and soon.

So on October 6, 2014 I had a D&C, Hystascopy, and Laprascopy (I hope I spelled those right!) And turns out I do infact have endometriosis, and pcos, and a nice little thing called hyperplasia that makes me bleed pretty heavily, but since I never had a period the blood was just building up. So I was very upset, I was thinking oh no, I want babies! I'm 27, and I'm falling apart...how can this happen? So from the day after surgery I was put on Provera 2.5mg once a day for 3 months, because I was scheduled for another D&C in January of 2015 to see how everything was. While on the Provera throughout the course of the 3 months, I kept spotting, so I got bumped up to 5mg, then finally to 10mg.

January 2015 had my 2nd D&C, way easier this time around, and got great news, my uterus was clean, and no growths! I was told to stop the Provera, and to let my periods get on track! My fiance and I, are ttc were hoping that this helps!!!

Has anyone else been through something similar?

Thanks!!!
saucettc2015

Re: Endometriosis pcos & ttc

Postby plattis » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:41 pm

not quite as bad as you, but I have PCOS and endo. I had a lap in December 2013 to clean things out. ultimately we ended up doing IVF, but that may have been a compounding function of several issues- small tubes and DH's sperm unable to penetrate my eggs. If you ever get to the point where you are doing fertility drugs be careful with your PCOS- I got a whopper of a complex chocolate cyst that had to be removed. good luck!!
Me:27 DH:31 (normal SA)
HSG&SIS - tubes/uterus great.
TTC #1 since Sept 2012

2012: TTC without strategy
2013: diagnosed with PCOS, clomid 4x (bfn), HSG&LAP
2014: femara 3x (bfn), Ectopic pregnancy, clomid #5, IUI 4x & IVF

9/1/14: IVF#1! 11 days of stims, 8 mature/ 8 fertilized/ 7 frosties and one beautiful 4AA transferred :)
10dp5dt beta #1: 266!
12dp5dt beta #2: 704!
19dp5dt beta #3: 13,600!!
26dp5dt (6w3d): First U/S! one beautiful little Bee with :hb: 108!
7w5d: little Bee :hb: 158!
graduated from RE to Ob!!
10w2d: Bee :hb: 169! measuring ahead at 10w5d

Mom to one beautiful little baby bee born 5/22/15 <3

the chart

my fertility & pregnancy ramblings
plattis
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby saucettc2015 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:44 pm

**Update**

I had my six week follow up February 26th, Gyno said everything was good to go for ttc, she put me on provera 5mg for 5 days, and clomid 50mg to start on cd 3-8. This is my first time ttc, and my fiance and I are so excited! I'm hoping I'm doing everything right, I just started my first clomid today ( I'm on cd3) and just waiting for my fertile days :)
saucettc2015

Postby plattis » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:14 pm

good luck dear!!!!
Me:27 DH:31 (normal SA)
HSG&SIS - tubes/uterus great.
TTC #1 since Sept 2012

2012: TTC without strategy
2013: diagnosed with PCOS, clomid 4x (bfn), HSG&LAP
2014: femara 3x (bfn), Ectopic pregnancy, clomid #5, IUI 4x & IVF

9/1/14: IVF#1! 11 days of stims, 8 mature/ 8 fertilized/ 7 frosties and one beautiful 4AA transferred :)
10dp5dt beta #1: 266!
12dp5dt beta #2: 704!
19dp5dt beta #3: 13,600!!
26dp5dt (6w3d): First U/S! one beautiful little Bee with :hb: 108!
7w5d: little Bee :hb: 158!
graduated from RE to Ob!!
10w2d: Bee :hb: 169! measuring ahead at 10w5d

Mom to one beautiful little baby bee born 5/22/15 <3

the chart

my fertility & pregnancy ramblings
plattis
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Endometriosis