New member and need opinions on next step!

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New member and need opinions on next step!

Postby Rubyleigh86 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:52 am

Hi! Here's a little background on me and my husband. 3 years ago this month I had a laparoscopic surgery for my endometriosis and found out I was stage 1. My doctor said it was very mild and she didn't understand why my ex and I weren't getting pregnant. Between now and then I've gone through a divorce and met my amazing now husband, moved from FL to CO and we were married on 11/2/14. He knows my diagnosis of unexplained infertility and endometriosis but this summer we want to start TTC. Between the surgery and now I was on birth control but only for a year. I've not had major symptoms and I've recently had blood test done to check hormone levels and all that. Everything checks out. The only thing my previous doctor didn't do was the hysterosalpingogram to check my tubes. She said on the outside both looked normal. I'm not sure where to even start with all of this and Id liked get things lined up before we TTC. If you've been in this situation or if you've had the surgery, what was your next step?
Rubyleigh86

Re: New member and need opinions on next step!

Postby cake for breakfast » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:49 am

My doctor had the following plan for me if that helps:
Lots of Blood Work
Ultrasound
Seman Analysis
HSG
Laparoscopy, Hysteroscopy, D&C (which I had last week)
If in six weeks I'm not preggers we move onto fertility drugs and try that for three months. If I'm still not able to conceive..... Well I don't know what happens then. Everything up to the lap was perfect and then she found stage 2 endo so I think you and I are in about the same boat :).
In our 30's, TTC 07/13
cake for breakfast
Friend

Re: New member and need opinions on next step!

Postby Rubyleigh86 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:52 pm

Thanks Cake! I didn't have a plan with my doctor. I did a lot of research and realized I might have endo. When I mentioned it to her, they did a ultrasound and saw three cysts inside my ovaries. She said during the lap she would remove the three cysts and clean up any endo if found. During my post op check up she said they decided while I was in surgery to only remove one cyst and said I do have stage 1 endo but it was very mild. We moved to CO and I'm finally under my husbands insurance so I need to start looking for a new dr. I just want to be armed with info since the FL dr didn't seem to take my concerns seriously. I lead the way lol.

I will probably request an HSG and go from there. Thanks again and good luck!
Rubyleigh86

Return to Endometriosis