TTC month 3.. waiting for endo diagnosis?

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC month 3.. waiting for endo diagnosis?

Postby PhDer » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:31 am

Hi all

A while back I saw my gynae as I was thinking of having a mirena fitted (needed general as could not have it at GP as cervix was too tight). She took a very indepth history and said there was a chance of endo and if we did not get pregnant in 6 months then she would schedule me in for a laproscopy.

We are now on month 3 TTC and I am 4DPO and am having some horrible cramping on RHS. I have had a few ovarian cysts in the past but they always go away on the follow up U/S

The main thing the gynae used to suspect endo was the painful periods. I don't have heavy periods, they only last 3-4 days and only really need to use tampons or pads for the first day or two. Sometimes they are irregular but never longer than 5 weeks and sometimes that can be explained by excessive exercise or travel during those cycles. I don't have pain during sex. I don't have painful bowel movements (although I do have IBS which I try to control with wheat free and dairy free diet). I regularly exercise, am a health weight (BMI 20- up from 19 I have gained weight deliberately to raise BMI and regulate cycles- gained about 7 pounds). I never get spotting (apart from last cycle when it was spots on Sat night and started full flow Sunday- not sure this counts as spotting?) Bowel function is not different during period. No painful urination. Some cycles I can be OK to go to work/uni on the first day with taking analgesics/paracetamol and applying heat. There has not been an increase in the strength of period pain recently

I'm just so frustrated that I have to wait to find out if I have endo. It sounds like alot of you ladies are having a horrible time with endo and I am just wondering how you cope with that waiting? Does it even sound like I have endo? So many of the symptoms don't fit but the gynae said you only just need the one symptom

Any advice appreciated
Me: 31 ( normal fertility)
DH:33 (male factor fertility: 20% motility, 3% morphology)
Married 23/03/2013
TTC #1 since 1/2015 (on break since Sept 2015)
BFP 11th April 2015 @10DPO/ cycle #3 (SMEP); M/C @7w3d. Angel Baby was due Christmas Eve 2015
BFP # 2 3rd July 2015 @10DPO; Betas: 145 @13DPO... 412@16dpo; MMC- 13w1d
BFP # 3 23rd March 2016 (3rd wedding anniversary): NTNP. Beta's at 10dpo (estimate) 13; 16DPO- 394 (doubling time 29 hours)
Cycle 29-33 days. LP: 10 days
Supplements: Vitex, B6, Vit D, Prenatal Multi-Vit (Me), Menevit (DH)

PhDer
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Endometriosis