Quietly Freaking Out - Is this Endometriosis??

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Quietly Freaking Out - Is this Endometriosis??

Postby mamaxtwo » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:16 am

Hi all, this is the first month that I am actively trying - charting, BBT, OPK, etc. and now that I'm paying close attention to my body, I'm seeing some symptoms that are freaking me out. A few days before I got a positive OPK, I noticed a single spot of blood on my underwear. A few days later, I had another single spot of blood on my underwear followed a day later by a positive OPK. The day of the positive OPK (4 days ago) and up through yesterday, I had menstrual-like cramps, including a burning type of sensation in my lower abdomen. I had a lot of ewcm yesterday and bbt has not risen one iota, which I'm taking to mean that I never ovulated despite the positive OPK. All my google research (dangerous I know!) is pointing to me having endometriosis and now my mind has taken me down a scary path where I have concluded that I am infertile and not ovulating.

This is literally the first month I have started to try and I feel like my gyno will laugh me out of her office if I go to her with this. My pains are not bad at all and I'm thinking my BBT could be inaccurate (i get up in the middle of the night to tend to my son).

Any thoughts on whether I might have endometriosis? Any advice on what I should do? Thank you so so much everyone. I'm quietly freaking out and don't have anyone to talk to about this. My husband is so busy with work and just emotionally not available right now which also really sucks but tha'ts another post!
mamaxtwo

Re: Quietly Freaking Out - Is this Endometriosis??

Postby StephF » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:34 am

Hello, mama!
This is your first month. Try to relax some. I have stage IV endo and I have completely normal cycles. The only characteristic I have of even having it is my periods are very heavy, clotty, painful. Other than I have been TTC now for over a year due to possibly blocked Tube (hsg next month. Lost the other one to endo 6 years ago) . The only way endo can actually be diagnosed is through laparoscopic surgery. Endo is not something you want at all. Mid cycle bleeding on the other hand is considered normal by most doctors.

I would keep trying and try not to worry so much. If you have endo you will find out eventually, but you do not want it to go that far. have some faith!
:babydustg:
My Ovulation Chart

Me (Steph): 29 DH (Marlin): 29
TTC #1 since Jan 2014
Severe endo right ovary and Fallopian tube removed 7 years ago due to large mass and tubal torsion.
SA: above average counts with 80% motility
HSG March 2015 was normal. No blockages.
May 2015: Clomid 50mg round 1 with Baby Aspirin- 2 mature follicles- BFN
June 2015: Clomid 100mg round 2 with Baby Aspirin, Evening Primrose Oil-BFN
Took a few months off TTC due to horrible side effects of Clomid
October 2015- Femara 2.5 mg CD 3-7- chemical :angel:
November 2015- No meds, NTNP-BFN
December 2015- Back to temping, EPO, Prenatals, Baby ASA- BFN

Just waiting for our miracle bean!!

StephF
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tina03 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:14 pm

Hi Mamaxtwo,

you just started TTC, so give yourself a bit time to see how things go before you do freak out. But if you feel something is not right at some point or want to make sure, go and get a routine check up (blood work/ultrasound etc). Usually endometriosis causes a lot of pain especially during your period, sometimes even throughout the cycle. I have endo too, I think stage I or II. Before my first lap I hardly could stand the pain anymore, i had pressure through cysts on my ovaries almost throughout my whole cycle and the pain during my periods was aweful, the pain would extend into my thighs and lower back. It is better now, but i got again cysts that sometimes give me this pressure feeling/dull pain in my lower back or belly and on my periods i do have one day that still hurts a lot and i need a pain killer at least if i'm at work to hold out. I don't take when i'm at home then i just lay down with a hot bottle. Some women have endo even maybe in higher stages and have only light pain or no pain at all. It's really hard to tell if you have endo without directly seeing it during a lap (surgery) as StephF already pointed out. If you do experience very painful periods and seem to need pain killers to manage your day, it could be endo, cause a period should never be THAT painful and this a doctor should treat seriously. Other symptoms are not accurate enough to point towards endo. Some women have digestive problems, fatigue, bladder problems, painful intercourse etc. (depending on where the endo parts are attached to). But these symptoms could as well point to other problems, so it's not very reliable. What's unusual for me though is that my periods aren't heavy like other women describe it with endo. I only have one day of a bit heavier bleeding and that's it, that's also the day i have the most pain, the rest is very light or spotting. So you see, it's not easy to tell if you have it and only increased pain could be a hint towards endo.

For now just keep calm and give yourself more time to TTC, at least 6 months. If you do experience unusual pain during that time, go get it checked out. If you don't get pregnant within a year, any doctor will or should start the necessary tests to see what's up. Hope this helps you!
2012 diagnosed with endometriosis, surgery/lap, diagnosed with subseptate uterus 2017...TTC since almost 3 years before first BFP in 2015
2015 August 4 - MC identical twins at 7 w, BFP @ 13dpo - squinter BFP @ 12 dpo, Betas: 152, 310, 1982
2016 Oct 10 - MC at 5-6 weeks, BFP @ 9dpo, Beta @ 4w 199

2016 Dec 30 - BFP @ 9dpo > EDD Sept 13, 2017 It's a BOY (av. BPM 130)

Tina03
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby StephF » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:09 am

^^^ there is no cure for endo or pcos. It is fueled by our hormones. As long as there is a uterus in the body, there will be endo! The only way to get rid of it is surgery and that is only temporary. I have been told that once pregnant it significantly helps for obvious reasons, but do not buy into anyone telling you there is a cure. If there were, i'd have had it as I was diagnosed 12 years ago
:babydustg:
My Ovulation Chart

Me (Steph): 29 DH (Marlin): 29
TTC #1 since Jan 2014
Severe endo right ovary and Fallopian tube removed 7 years ago due to large mass and tubal torsion.
SA: above average counts with 80% motility
HSG March 2015 was normal. No blockages.
May 2015: Clomid 50mg round 1 with Baby Aspirin- 2 mature follicles- BFN
June 2015: Clomid 100mg round 2 with Baby Aspirin, Evening Primrose Oil-BFN
Took a few months off TTC due to horrible side effects of Clomid
October 2015- Femara 2.5 mg CD 3-7- chemical :angel:
November 2015- No meds, NTNP-BFN
December 2015- Back to temping, EPO, Prenatals, Baby ASA- BFN

Just waiting for our miracle bean!!

StephF
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Endometriosis