Advice/support please :(

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Advice/support please :(

Postby Rfk » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:45 pm

Hello, I'm new to the forum and just after some advice/support from people who understand..
I am 27 and was ttc for 6 months with bleeding in between periods. I had a scan which showed severe endo :( inflamed Fallopian tube, ovaries stuck together and 5cm cysts on each ovary..I had a laparoscopy 2 weeks ago and the left side Fallopian tube had to be removed and the left ovary had a dermoid cyst which had calcified the whole ovary...he said ideally this should be removed but I hadn't consented to this prior to treatment..basically my left side is not useable anymore..
The right side chocolate cyst was removed but the tube was stuck to the bowel and blocked but he managed to unblock..post surgery he said I have 10-30% chance of conceiving naturally and it is only "so high" because I'm young..
He has advised IVF in 3 months if I don't succeed..:( has anyone got any success stories after such severe endo and low odds?
I'm really eager to try everything I can to ttc in these few months..have had a positive opk today..dtd yesterday but my husband has refused today...I feel really isolated and let down because he knows how much I have been through and how much I might have to go through if I don't get pregnant in these 3 months..
I am so healthy, eat only organic, yoga, work out..have cut down hours at work to reduce stress, had a surgery, trying to go gluten free, researching, books. Everything I can..but what's the point if my husband can't be there when he needs to be.. Feeling depressed and alone..I haven't got anybody to talk to about this because I'm a very proud person and like to maintain a perfect picture..which is silly..
Rfk

Re: Advice/support please :(

Postby Tina03 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:46 am

I'm so sorry for what you have to go through and I agree your husband should be there for you more. But you can always talk here, don't keep to much to yourself, it's not healthy, I do that a lot too and never ask for help (drives my husband nuts lol). It's great you are already eating healthy. I do that too with occasionally cheating :shh: , but I also have only natural cleaners in my house and use natural cosmetic, filter water etc, so I do a lot more than just the diet. But it's easy to me as I know what and where to buy those products, it's more the diet that's a challenge sometimes. I also took vitex, vitamines, iodine and occasionally propolis. I had my bfp within 2-3 months of starting the diet, vitamines and vitex. The natural cosmetics and cleaners I've started way before the diet though. I have stage 2 endo, had a surgery to remove large cysts on my ovaries that caused me pain. I was much better after but no sucess tccing for 2 years and over. I was told my ovaries are out of position due to cysts again and low egg reserve. I was recommended IVF or surgery again. So the cysts were back and i had pain again for a while. But I managed to get a bfp naturally with a natural approach plus my pain got way better, sadly it ended in a mc but the ultrasounds showed no cysts anymore. So it's interessting that my condition got better overall, I'm not sure what exactly helped or if it was the combo of everything. My endo might be not as severe as yours but I got a devastating prognosis at some point and barely any hope, but I still managed to get a bfp regardless. What I'm trying to tell you is, don't always go 100% with what a doctor says, they are human and aren't always correct and money plays a role too. So many women have been told they can't get pregnant or not without help and they proofed them wrong. As long you do have one functioning ovary, tube and uterus, you can get pregnant! Yes it might take longer of course but it can happen. Don't give up hope and stay healthy. Avoid estrogen enhancing food and products as endo patients are too high on estrogen, exp. Almond milk instead of soy milk. Maybe you also want to like me look into natural cosmetics and cleaners. I banned as many chemicals from my household as I can and is in my buget but ivee been doing that since years, so I guess I had a head start there. I hope you get some more advice or success stories on here! I'm not a full success yet either but I got a whole lot closer than before.
2012 diagnosed with endometriosis, surgery/lap, diagnosed with subseptate uterus 2017...TTC since almost 3 years before first BFP in 2015
2015 August 4 - MC identical twins at 7 w, BFP @ 13dpo - squinter BFP @ 12 dpo, Betas: 152, 310, 1982
2016 Oct 10 - MC at 5-6 weeks, BFP @ 9dpo, Beta @ 4w 199

2016 Dec 30 - BFP @ 9dpo > EDD Sept 13, 2017 It's a BOY (av. BPM 130)

Tina03
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Endometriosis