Do I have endometriosis? Worried

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Do I have endometriosis? Worried

Postby TTCfortoolong2016 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:24 am

I have a question hoping someone can help shed some light on....

My husband and I have been ttc for a long time with a miscarriage just over 2 years ago. We have both been checked out and have unexplained infertility. The only test I havent had is a lap for endo. I have regular periods, barely any pain except cramps a couple days before my period and sometimes at ovulation but I have started noticing since tracking everything that I get very loose bowel movements that look like very small pieces of tissue every month right before my period starts and sometimes right around ovulation. Is it possible I have endo? Both my husband and myself have recently started acupuncture but I'm concerned if i have endo it won't help. My acupuncturist said she thinks I'm very healthy reproductively but I can't shake this feeling something is really wrong... Any women with endo that didn't exhibit a lot of symptoms? Did anyone experience this bowel issue? Any replies would be appreciated.
TTCfortoolong2016
Friend

Re: Do I have endometriosis? Worried

Postby Bununal » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi, I have painful periods but my mom also had them but she didn't have endo. I didn't actually think I have it. My periods are always accompanied by IBS, sometimes it's loose and frequent. Sometimes I am constipated.

I encourage you to get the lap. We have been TTC for well over a year and had 1 CP 1st month of trying then no luck until after my lap. I was certain my girlie bits were fine so I kept delaying the lap. I am regular, my hormones were fine and I ovulate every month.

But 2mos after the lap I got pregnant. If only I knew I had mild endo I would have done it sooner, probably saved me a lot of heartache from BFNs every month.
Bununal
Friend

Postby Finn3gan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:20 pm

Hi, I'm in a similar situation as you were in Feb. Did you get the lap? We're you diagnosed with endo? I sometimes have loose bowel movements, and have at times had blood in my stool. I've been ttc for almost two years now, early miscarriage once. I don't get terrible cramps, but recently I had bad bacteria about two weeks before my period. It last three days. I'm waiting for a gastroenderologist appointment, but am supposed to start our this cycle. Just wondering if I should rule out endometriosis first.

quote="TTCfortoolong2016"]I have a question hoping someone can help shed some light on....

My husband and I have been ttc for a long time with a miscarriage just over 2 years ago. We have both been checked out and have unexplained infertility. The only test I havent had is a lap for endo. I have regular periods, barely any pain except cramps a couple days before my period and sometimes at ovulation but I have started noticing since tracking everything that I get very loose bowel movements that look like very small pieces of tissue every month right before my period starts and sometimes right around ovulation. Is it possible I have endo? Both my husband and myself have recently started acupuncture but I'm concerned if i have endo it won't help. My acupuncturist said she thinks I'm very healthy reproductively but I can't shake this feeling something is really wrong... Any women with endo that didn't exhibit a lot of symptoms? Did anyone experience this bowel issue? Any replies would be appreciated.[/quote]
Finn3gan

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:58 am

With my stage endo I had increase abdominal bloating, with or without pain at the time of the period. Tiredness or lack of energy, especially around the time of the period. Heavy bleeding, with or without clots. Also pain immediately before and during a period. Pain during or after sex. But anyway, symptoms differ for every woman in case. Your Dr will definitely help you to get more insight. Take care, hun x
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Amy4678 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:53 am

Hi. Could you elaborate more on your symptoms? I have endo. I don't think our symptoms match much. I don't think you should be worried because painful periods are a must with endo. But everybody reacts differently. I can't say for sure in this case. As far as I can tell, I think you just might be having IBS around periods. It is a common PMS side effect. It doesn't necessarily mean that something is wrong with you. If your medical tests state you're all good, then you must be. But if your instinct tells you otherwise, it's best to get a laparoscopy. Endometriosis is sometimes very mild. In those cases, it doesn't really cause many side effects. I hope your tests come out clear! And as for infertility, have you looked into IVF or surrogacy? Hope I helped.
Amy4678
Friend

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:02 am

Unfortunately both of my lapos done brought no actual reasul with my stage endo. I'm pushing it towards its severeness. We're heading off to Ukraine for ivf treatment. This time a completely new route for us. We're going to use donor eggs as mine were told to be useless :(
Endo do vary much among women. A good dr is the best adviser here.
Any updates so far, TTCtoolong?
Hope you're well.
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Endometriosis