Depression

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Depression

Postby Mariewinsin » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:41 am

Hey there. I hope that you all are doing good. How to deal with depression in infertility. I know that it is a very sensitive issue. It requires guts to talk about it. But I really want to know about it. I've seen women crying over this thing. I've seen them getting themselves on antidepressants. We all know that family is the greatest blessing. We all know that it's wonderful to be pregnant. Everyone dreams to have one. Everyone wishes for it. So it's a real heart-wrenching thing that a woman can't have children. It would be so nice of you if your replies add to my info. Thanks in advance!
Mariewinsin
Friend

Re: Depression

Postby FarmerL » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:17 pm

How to deal with depression
... Go shoe shopping and join support groups. Seriously, for me, I needed a diagnosis. Then I was frantic until I had a treatment plan and timeline. Now I have to wait a couple months until the next step so I keep a journal, count my blessings many times a day, and put energy into my job, church, and extended family. Coffee helps too! I wonder if oxytocin would help also, it is a happy hormone? Read somewhere that you can buy oxytocin sprays.
FarmerL

Re: Depression

Postby @whenmytruerainbow » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:19 am

I know how it feels, dear. Here it's vital to have one another for support. My husband has always been amazing and positive over fertility treatments. He always told me we just had to work harder than most to get there! Actually the path was never that easy. We passed 2 failed ivf rounds with own eggs. This time we found ourselves overseas preparing for ivf with donor egg. I think I’ll feel better when we hear back from the consultant on the egg histories and what she thinks the plan should be with egg donors. It’s just exhausting because even when you’re having a “break” you’ve still got so much to think about! The last 2 years of my life have just gone so fast with all the tests, treatment etc. :hugs:
Looking forward to getting my positive mojo back! I really need it!
@whenmytruerainbow
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Endometriosis