Laparoscopy - What TTC advice were you given?

Support for anyone who has been diagnosed with endometriosis, or thinks they may have endo.

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Laparoscopy - What TTC advice were you given?

Postby babyleaf » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:59 am

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here with this being my first post :)

I have suspected endometriosis for a while and my consultant has recently put me forward for a laparoscopy & hysteroscopy to diagnose and treat (they also found a small paraovarian cyst on an ultrasound which I suspect they'll remove).

My SO and I are currently WTT as he has very recently got a new job and wants to settle in, plus he says he needs just a little more time, but we are currently planning to TTC next year (I imagine around April).

My question is, have any of you ladies had a laparoscopy and been told that your best chances to conceive were right after and that it should be a sooner rather than later type deal? I would be TTC right now if I had my way, though my SO has said he would likely be up for TTCing this year if that's what they advise.
babyleaf

Re: Laparoscopy - What TTC advice were you given?

Postby hannahdavid » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:15 pm

After laparoscopy chances do increase. This is because they clear the passage and get an accurate view of the inside. However, for the process make sure the doctor is experienced. This is because it is a process that requires expert knowledge. I hope you are soon able to conceive. Good luck to you. Sending baby dust your way. Do tell us how things go.
-Low AMH and High FSH
-Poor Ovarian Reserve
-5 IUIs (failed)
-1 IVF (failed)
Life is a total mess
hannahdavid
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Laparoscopy - What TTC advice were you given?

Postby AlyssaMiller » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:52 am

Hey there! Welcome to the forum hon. I hope you are doing good. Laparoscopy is a very good treatment for endometriosis. After that, You will be able to get back to normal life in no time. And the healing process takes from 5-6 weeks to get healed completely. Chances are increased as well. Just make sure the doctor is experienced in his field. Stay Blessed!
AlyssaMiller
Friend

Return to Endometriosis