CBFM stayed on low, but OPK positive. What happened?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Do you think I ovulated?

Yes, most likely you did
33%
No, I don't think you did
33%
I don't know
33%

Total votes : 3

CBFM stayed on low, but OPK positive. What happened?

Postby gardangels » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:34 pm

I am on a non-medicated cycle after clomid/trigger. The monitor is STUCK on low and lines are nice and dark. Would have surely given me high or peak before. I got a pos OPK and temps confirm O.

I'm wondering if the trigger from last cycle may have confused the monitor to think it will get a line like it got with the trigger?

Is it expecting a pattern like last cycle and is therefore calling this normal cycle, low?

If the monitor doesn't pick up a peak, is there any way I really dropped an egg or is it most likely annovulatory?

Why would OPK be positive then?

Anyone else have trouble with their monitor after trigger shots?
gardangels
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kimann1503 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi! I am not really sure what kind of effect the trigger shot has on the cbfm. I do know that the monitor does go off the previous months information along with the tests from this month so manybe it was the trigger. If you have a pos opk and temps confirm O then hopefully that means u oed. I just wanted to wish you luck and sorry I couln't help more!!
<strong>ME- Kim: 24
DH:25
TTC #1: 7/7
This is our first cycle on CLOMID!! I HOPE IT DOES THE TRICK!
Also use: 1200 mg mucinex tablets/Clear Plan Fertility Monitor/Temping/Preseed/FertileAid

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/20bc99">http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/20bc99</a>

My Fur babies! Champ, Lily, and Elly
kimann1503

Postby TXlonghorn » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:38 pm

Of the two, I would trust the the CBEFM more. Both can be wrong, but the CBEFM measures LH and estrogen and is a lot more accurate than the OPKs. When TTC #1 I had about 17 days of peaks on OPKs before my CBEFM finally peaked. :)

The clomid will cause your ovaries to produce follicular cysts, which release LH and can turn OPKs positive. A positive OPK can mean you are close to ovulating, but your CBEFM will tell you when your estrogen levels and your LH are right. :)

I never had trigger shots or hormones other than clomid with DS, but the RE told me the CBEFM was pretty accurate with ovulation--even with trigger shots.

BD anyway just in case!!!! Hang in there!
KP (me) ~ 30 | DH ~ 34
DS1 born 10/28/08 after 2.5yrs TTC
DS2 born 11/20/09
Surprise BFP 3/7, due in Nov ~ It's a girl!

Here to cheerlead!

TXlonghorn
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby gardangels » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:41 am

OMG, thanks so much. That makes so much sense. The cysts are causing high LH levels, but somehow the monitor knows it's not a peak. My estrogen line is very dark, I am so surprised the monitor didn't give a peak. I do trust my monitor over the OPKs.

I took out my fever temps so I might have not O'd yet, so there is still a chance. I got another dark line/low reading today, but maybe tomorrow or so I will get a high reading or a peak.
gardangels
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TXlonghorn » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:33 am

WIth the wick end (pee end) of the FM stick on the left your LH will be on the left and will get darker as LH increases. The estrogen line is on the right and will actually get LIGHTER as estrogen increases. Hang in there and BD anyway!!!

But you can't really read the FM sticks by sight. They are ticky little devils. We TTC with them for 2 years and I still had issues with them! They are kind of baffling. Some of my peaks looked totally crazy!

What is kind of interesting is that with me the LH line would kind of build slowly and then the estrogen line would go from dark to super light within a day or so.
KP (me) ~ 30 | DH ~ 34
DS2 born 11/20/09

Here to cheerlead!

TXlonghorn
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby gardangels » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:17 am

this baffles me too. I don't think I've ever seen my estrogen line go dark. In all these years. Even when I had E2 of 942. I don't remember if the line went lighter. I should have kept that stick!

I had TONS of EWCM last night so we did it this AM anyway to cover.I finally got at least a HIGH on the monitor. Stix look the same though.

I think it's getting too late now anyway. After CD20 or so, I don't think I have that great of a chance. But I was excited to see my EWCM being so long and stretchy.

Thanks for your help. I really feel like I figured out I haven't ovulated yet and maybe I won't. I guess I'll go back to the clomid again next cycle.
gardangels
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby TXlonghorn » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:35 am

The cycle I got pregnant with ds I ovulated on CD27....it is never too late. :)
KP (me) ~ 30 | DH ~ 34
DS2 born 11/20/09

Here to cheerlead!

TXlonghorn
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby gardangels » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:38 am

people always tell me that, but it's hard for me to believe as I've had so many BFNs with late eggs. the only baby I have was CD14. But, miracles do happen so we'll try again. :D
gardangels
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Clomid and Femara