"All Methods of TTC incl Donor & Adoption"

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

"All Methods of TTC incl Donor & Adoption"

Postby williamsbaby1 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:34 am

This is a continuation however I will introduce myself to the newbies that hopefully will join.

My name is Patricia, 40 y, TLR in April 2012, TTC since May 2012, HSG in December 2012. Left tubal blockage. Right tube perfect. Switched to a new RE in May 2013 and we are very happy with her. My hubbys SA came back well.

My protocol is in my signature below.

Today is CD 4, had 13 follicles, 7 on the right and 6 on the left side, 2 good one but RE hopes that will increase to 4 by next Friday.

My goal is to continue with my fertility smoothies and to embrace exercising more.

My hobbies are reading, puzzle, skiing, roller and ice skating, relaxing in front of the fireplace, my two beloved boys and my dear husband. I am also an outdoor person for whatever floats my boat. Unfortunately I have to work to make a living BUT am fortunate enough to do so!! So we are very grateful for that.

We are anxious to hold our new baby bundle in our arms!!

My second IUI will be tentatively 07/22

Please join and share your story in hopes of finding the support and exchange you haven't found so far.

If you just have question than I am glad to help the best way I know how.
All our babies have become angels now!!

williamsbaby1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: "All Methods of TTC incl Donor & Adoption"

Postby Wanabamommy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:43 am

Hi ladies!!!
Patricia- love the title!!

I'm Lori, 28 years old. This is my last cycle ttc before officially moving on to adoption.. We have been ttc since October 2012, but we went into this knowing it would be extremely difficult for me to conceive because of my pcos. This is our 3rd and final cycle of clomid 50mg.. Today is cd 21 and just waiting to O. I have really long cycles..

Hobbies- I like to travel, go to the beach, amusement parks, movies, try new things and do touristy things..

We just want a child or children to love and help them reach their fullest potential.. :)
Me- 28 PCOS since 14
Dh- 37
Ttc #1 since Oct '12
3/2013- first cycle 50mg clomid, prenatals, opks, hpts
5/2013- second cycle 50 mg clomid, prenatals, vitamins, slept with his men in me and elavated, hpts, opks, oral temped
6/2013- third cycle 50 mg clomid, prenatals, fertility smoothies, vaginal temping

My chart: http://FertilityFriend.com/home/451e14
Wanabamommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tak024 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:53 am

Hello!

I'm Kat, 23 years old. I married my DH 3 years ago (in 3 days) and we've been ttc since April 2011. We got DH a SA done after a year of trying and the results came back with great numbers but high viscosity (his semen doesn't liquify a normal amount of time) and when what the doctor told us to do didn't work, I started getting tested. Long drawn out process cut short -I have a unicornuate uterus (literally half a uterus on my right side, right fallopian tube only, right kidney only, and both ovaries -the left oversized with a mass). I had endometriosis removed in april of this year. We have also gotten DH a new SA done with him taking mucinex and he is perfect with it.

I am currently 3 dpo on my 3rd round of 50mg clomid. I got an ultrasound on CD 12 and had many small follicles on my good side (yay!) and one that I overlooked on the doctors notes as being 25mm (I ovulated on CD19). I will also get bloodwork Tuesday to confirm O. This is my last cycle of clomid alone before I pursue Clomid + IUI next cycle.

My hobbies include animals, reading and watching tv. I will be starting to volunteer at the local zoo tomorrow, taking care of the monkeys, elephants, and bears and I am the most excited I've ever been in my entire life about it (except for maybe my wedding day lol).

I also work full time and am working on losing weight. There are 2 women in my office at work and 1 man's wife who are all pregnant (1 married couple have barely know each other for a year and another has only been married for a year). It's hard seeing it and having the pregnant women talking about it all the time. I also struggle with knowing that it's my fault I haven't gotten pregnant. I just hope it's my turn soon!
TTC since April 2011
DH (27): Perfectly normal (w/mucinex) *March 2013
Me (25): Unicornuate uterus *December 2012 / Endometriosis removed *April 2013
Clomid: *April 2013 - August 2013 (First ever BFP July @ 11 DPO -CP)
Femara: *November 2013 - February 2014 (All BFN)
Gonal F/Ovidrel/Crinone: *March 2014 (BFN)
Femara/Gonal F/Ovidrel/Crinone: *April 2014 (3 cycles)
Depo for endometriosis: August/October 2014/April 2015
*Back on the waggon*
tak024
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Wanabamommy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:31 am

Hi Kat and welcome!! Your story is heartbreaking, but it's not your fault!! You were born they way you are, you didn't cause any of your medical issues!! That's great about your follicles!! At least now you know what was hold up was and you have strategies to improve your chances..

It is hard to see people around you pregnant, it's like why not me?!? But I have faith that you'll get your bfp!!

Your volunteer job sounds awesome and it's great that you'll love it!! It sounds really great!! What do you do full time??

My fx you od!!

Patricia- how are you??

Afm- nothing much going on.. We might be going to see grown ups 2 tonight, which looks hilarious!! We saw 1 and loved it..

Hope everyone is well!!

Baby dust!!
Me- 28 PCOS since 14
Dh- 37
Ttc #1 since Oct '12
5/2013- second cycle 50 mg clomid, prenatals, vitamins, slept with his men in me and elavated, hpts, opks, oral temped
6/2013- third cycle 50 mg clomid, prenatals, fertility smoothies, vaginal temping

Wanabamommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Wanabamommy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:02 pm

Wahoo ladies!!! I finally got my solid smiley face this evening!!! Wahoo!! Cheers to bding!!!
Me- 28 PCOS since 14
Dh- 37
Ttc #1 since Oct '12

Wanabamommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby williamsbaby1 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:24 pm

:welcome: Kat!! I second Lori, there is nothing you can do in regards to how and with what you were born. So that negative thought you have to just loose. It's easy. Just drop it because you are all that and more. And glad your DH SA came back well second time around.

We are not a very large group but you will like it - hopefully.

You say that it's your last round on Chlomid before moving up to IUI - are you also thinking about injections and trigger?

Either way several of us take different supplement, medication and watch their life style inc food consumption. So there is lots to share and talk about.

Great hobbies you have and wow time for volunteering. That means great time management skills.

My hubby and I treated ourselves to a tiny shopping spree, I did a pedicure and now we are watching TV at home.

We will be going to catch an early birds show of Grown Ups 2 tomorrow morning and combine it with breakfast. That's different but its good to change up a routine.

williamsbaby1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tak024 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:43 pm

Lori: Yay for the solid smily! I hope you and your DH have fun BDing! I never heard of the Grownups series until I saw the commercials for the second one, but it does look hilarious. I'll have to look into seeing the first one. I'm in the military, so I work 40 hrs a week plus I'm pretty much on call 24/7.

Patricia: I'm looking forward to being a part of the group! I spent way too much time away from the threads struggling with my diagnosis', so I'm pretty excited to get back out and connect with other women. I have thought about doing the trigger with my IUI, but I'm still waiting to get a referral to the doctor that will do my IUI and see what he says/suggests with my condition (my current doctor wants to see if this cycle will work first). I hope you and your DH have fun in the morning!

I'm pretty proud of myself, either clomid doesn't hate me this cycle or I've finally managed to keep myself busy enough not to symptom spot/obsess. The only thing I have that I can't ignore is sore/sensitive nipples but it's common for me after O.
TTC since April 2011
DH (27): Perfectly normal (w/mucinex) *March 2013
Me (25): Unicornuate uterus *December 2012 / Endometriosis removed *April 2013
Clomid: *April 2013 - August 2013 (First ever BFP July @ 11 DPO -CP)
Femara: *November 2013 - February 2014 (All BFN)
Gonal F/Ovidrel/Crinone: *March 2014 (BFN)
Femara/Gonal F/Ovidrel/Crinone: *April 2014 (3 cycles)
Depo for endometriosis: August/October 2014/April 2015
*Back on the waggon*
tak024
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Wanabamommy » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:27 am

Hi ladies!!
Kat- grown ups is a must see, lol!! That's awesome that you are in the military!! Which branch are you in?? It does help a lot when you have women to talk to and vent with about what you're going through.. It is hard not to symptom spot!! Good for you!!! :)

Patricia- I hope you like the grown ups 2!! We didn't go last night since I wanted to bd so we are going today after dh gets off work..

Afm- last night we bd'd and it was great!! It was like the old days:) this morning I tested alittle earlier than normal- 605 instead of 630 but my temp was the lowest it's been, so hoping I'm Oing!! Fx!! :)
Me- 28 PCOS since 14
Dh- 37
Ttc #1 since Oct '12

Wanabamommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AlwaysHopeful1104 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:39 am

Hello Ladies!

New & Old friends!

My name is Rosie 32, DBF 33, TTC for 1 year, last month we got our first BFP..we are super excited & our due date it 2/17/14. I pray for all of you every night that you all get a BFP soon!

To my old dear friends...sorry I have been MIA, but with all that happened in the last few weeks, I have been on the computer everyday/night to find a job. I forgot how much this sucks not to have a full-time job. My luck is changing though. I have 2 interviews this week. One tomorrow and another on Wednesday. Both sound great...hoping they offer me the position. I feel confident but still worry since I haven't been on an interview pregnant before lol. I'm not showing all that much yet..well I am when I finish eating lol. I had to find flowing shirt to wear under a jacket to hid any sign of a baby bump. I'm not obligated to say that I'm pregnant...but don't know what will happen once I'm in there lol. Wish me luck!

My next RE appointment is on Friday which we will be taking measurements of the baby...so I'm super excited and can't wait. I am 8wk 6days today and will be 9weeks 4days on Friday so I'm well in my 3rd month and could not be happier, no bad symptoms really, still just tired and hungry all the time, I can eat just like DBF and he is amazed, and says he loves to watch me eat! LOL, I'm like yeah well gain all your weight back with me and then get it off after we have the baby, that will be great motivation he just laughed...LMAO! Even though I'm in my 3rd month, I still worry but try to stay positive. I will post pics when I get some. I will be self pay for the visit on Friday since I have no insurance and I'm still waiting on pregnancy Medicaid to decide to approve me. I had to buy prenatal vitamins out off pocket...$81 for 60 pills...ugh that hurt but I couldn't wait. Did not want to buy over the counter since I was already use to the one I was already taking. Hoping Medicaid comes through soon! Until I can have insurance through a job. Ugh stressful to say the least!

Patricia: sorry to hear about your temps. I still have hopes. I can only imagine how frustrated it must be after doing IUI, I pray for you every night! I know you will get your BFP soon! BTW I love the new name for our thread....BABYDUST!!!

Lori: YAY for your steady smiley face!!!! I hope you are bd'ing every night. I'm praying that everything ends well and you get your BFP soon. I also loved your idea about a part-time work at a baby store...that would be awesome to save on things! Got me thinking to search for another part-time job ...maybe! lol...BABYDUST!!!

Mrs R...Sorry to hear about AF , but I have hope for you as well for your BFP.

Kat: welcome to our group! So glad you joined. Although you have had your share of ups and downs in TTC, I will add you to my prayers that you will also get a BFP soon....Hang in there, when you least expect it, it happens. Have fun with BD and try not to stress yourself out...to much. BabyDust!
I will try my best to keep you posted in the next couple of days on the interviews and job hunting as well as my RE appt.

Anyone else I forgot to mention...I blame it on baby brain....YES I PULLED THAT CARD & it wont be the last time I do either!! LMAO!

BABYDUST to you all!
Me: 32
DBF: 33
TTC our first :)
Chemical Pregnancy: 3/7/13 :(
1st Round on Clomid 50mg: 4/18 (AF came 5/13 ugh!!)
2nd Round on Clomid 100mg: 5/13 praying for a BFP!
June 5th Faint BFP..but stil POSITIVE
June 10th, Line getting darker BFP
June 13th, AF DUE she didn't show and I had BFP which was now DARK, Also get HCG quant
June 14-17 HCG QUANT LEVELS are in! Results are 1,503 & 2,912
WE ARE OFFICALLY PREGNANT! Expecting our first on Feb 17th, 2013!! =)
June 18th U/S done at work, we see a yolk sac & Gest. Sac..Woohoo!
June 25th, having our first initial ultrasound with RE for size and dates!

AlwaysHopeful1104
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Wanabamommy » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi Rosie!!! So great to hear from you!! Good luck on your interviews!!! I wouldn't mention the pregnancy either til after you start and are comfortable there.. They can't fire you for being pregnant.. :) your appointment sounds exciting except the paying for it.. :( that's a bummer, fx Medicaid comes through for you!! I would eat what ever your body tells you eat!! :)
Me- 28 PCOS since 14
Dh- 37
Ttc #1 since Oct '12

Wanabamommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby britishhopes » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi girls- I went to our old forum and was disappointed there were no new posts over the weekend (I've been away on a mini break and had no Internet) then I remembered we were moving!! Had a great weekend in the Lake District with lots of nice food and a couple of glasses of champagne (I decided that not having alcohol at all hadnt exactly helped my TtC situation and it was time for a treat!)

It was actually nice to see a summary again of everyone's issues and dates! Welcome Kat- there are about 5 or 6 of us on here regularly so u will be in good company. I guess I should make a summary too for our new friends...

I'm in Britain and enjoy hearing your USA tales! Have been TTC since December 2012 but with irregular or non existent periods since coming off bc in may 2012. On top of the irregular periods my bloods showed that my egg reserve was low and numbers more typical of someone 10 years older (I'm 32). So I'm now on my second round of clomid. I got too worked up in round one so I'm annong (lol) to stay calmer this time and more breezy!!

Mrs r- my 21 day bloods wil be 29th July (well that will be cd22 with the weekend). We are more or less synced then!!

So I think that's all us ladies caught up and im looking forward to this cycle.

Lori- very excited for your solid smiley face- u know how much I love them! May the tww begin!!

Patricia- how's your temps? Hope u are doing good!

Rosie- good to hear u are soon well. Can't believe u are that far on already- that's great isn't it. Time flies!

Chat soon ladies xxx
britishhopes
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MrsRoulette » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:14 pm

Howdie ladies and welcome Kat!!!!! I hope you will find this group to be of support and assurance to you. We enjoy checking on each other, updating our buddies here and simply sharing hilarious happenings of our day to day lives, disappointments etc. I love it.
To introduce myself again for the newbies, my name is Damaris. i have been Mrs R here lol! I am originally from Kenya, living in Kansas (yep, I tapped my slippers twice in Kenya and walaaaa! Prairie. Lol!!) I am 30 yrs old, hubby 46.
Been TTC since nov 2011, we got married last October and started seeing doc about further testing. Never been preggo, hubby has a 20 yr old son. Ovulation normal, perfect cycles, Fallopian tubes awesome. Hubby's md finally agreed to order SA, to be done this coming week.
Finished second round of clomid 50mg yesterday hoping things work out this time. Finished grad school last month, super ready to get a baby cooking! I am a registered nurse at an ortho/surgical care unit and love it. The health insurance is good. Been applying for teaching jobs in nursing schools now that I have my MSN in nsng education & healthcare admin. Pray for me!
Hobbies: reading, writing poetry, traveling, trying out new restaurants, gifting, shopping.
Well, look what the cat dragged in!! Rosie!!! Glad you are ok and job search yielding done fruit! Hoping for the best for ya.
Natalie, I bet these American stories of ours tickle you at times lol! I wonder how mine would be if I were in Kenya ttc! Clomid is over the counter there. Imagine that!!!
Can't wait for us to get our bfps!!!
now I want to see the first one first then go see the new grown ups!
Patricia, thanks got starting our new forum up!
Lori, I admire you and your strength through this ttc journey. All the best in all!
Looking forward to Trueblood!! Who is all for vamp love? :-)
Hubby:49
Been TTC Since Dec 2011
Hubby's SA: motile density. 10% (60% or greater is good) My Cycles: 32 days. 29 with femara
1st round of Clomid June 2013 (cd5-9). On cd 21, prog level 26.1 BFN
2nd round of Clomid July 2013 (cd5-9). On cd 21, prog level 29.1 BFN
April 14, 2016 IUI - BFN (Femara 5 mg day 3-7), Ovidrel Trigger) 1 follie.
May 1-6, 216 Femara 7.5 mg (day 3-7). One small follicle. Cancelled cycle
May 30th, 2016 - Femara 7.5 mg (day 3-7). + Gonal F Injections 150 iu (day 7-12)- 22.5,16.7, 9 mm follies
Ovidrel day 12, IUI day 13 06/09/2016 BFN
FertileCM, Fertility Blend, herbal fertility tea from Kenya - BFP!!!!!!
We prayed, hoped, waited for our little miracle. Now God has started in me the miracle of creation. So blessed!!
MrsRoulette
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Wanabamommy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:48 am

Hi ladies!!
Patricia - what did you think of the grown ups 2?? I loved it!! I kept laughing!! :)

Natalie- glad we can humor you ;) lol I hope the tww started but now not so sure, my temps didn't rise that much since yesterday.. :/ well see..

Damaris- we have a lot of likes as far as hobbies :) what's your favorite type of restaurant?? I definitely recommend the grown ups, hilarious!!!! Thank you!! Sorry haven't watched true blood..

Baby dust to everyone!! How is everyone??
Me- 28 PCOS since 14
Dh- 37
Ttc #1 since Oct '12

Wanabamommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby williamsbaby1 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:56 am

Well it's Monday and it is starting of super. Finally some rain. And them some more rain.

Weekend was relaxing and we did go and see Grown ups 2. My DH and I were a little disappointed as we didn't think it was near as funny as the first movie, yet still entertaining. Plus one of the five guys was missing this time around.

I feel good except that due to all the weather changes my migrane / sinus picked back up. I have been holding off on meds though as I popped enough as it is.

Gonal F are my injections this cycle and I have to say don't feel a thing so far. I feel like my body had a better response with Follistim from day one but it could be just imagination. I have read that Gonal F has a slight better success rate than Follistim and is actually Grade A as in Alpha versus Follistim Grade B. But who knows.

Lori, somehow I overlooked your PT job and I think it's great. Items for children in general are pretty pricy and there is always so much outside pressure to have the latest - not that I care a hoof about that. It has to fit my wallet and that's about it. And yeah to your smiley face.

Rosie, good luck with your interviews. And we so much want to know the results of your next ultrasound. And so so glad to read you finally stopped worrying about the extra weight. It is all for a good cause.

Damaris, I agree with you , can't wait to get our BFPs rolling!! And tapping the slippers twice kind of sound similar to my story though maybe not as glamorous as yours. Lol

Natalie, I hear you girl. Second time around we are more cool, calm and relaxed and definitely on top of things!! Great approach.

Jamie, hope you are doing ok. How are the OPKs coming along for you this cycle?

EOE hope all is well or just check in to this blog and chat.

williamsbaby1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby williamsbaby1 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 pm

Well hadn't planned on posting til after the RE visit this Friday but will just have to share my little happy sad story

Well it was just time to buy a new bundle of OPKs. You ladies know I am a digital girl. Anyhow, as I was standing at CVS front desk to pay for my item the cashier said "Oh no, you are still trying to get pregnant?"
What to do in a situation as such when your family, neighbors, coworkers don't know that you are trying but your local sales representative do!!

Take it all in stride is the best we can do. That was the somewhat sad part.

The good part is that that same sales clerk was able to complete a fairly good pregnancy, delivered a healthy baby boy that is now almost three months old.

And all that while I am still trying to get my first BFP.

All that can happen now is that I get my BFP too - like right now - soon!! Lol.

williamsbaby1
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Clomid and Femara