Round 1/day 2 of clomid. Anyone else?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Round 1/day 2 of clomid. Anyone else?

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:35 am

Hi ladies!! I am new to posting to this site, I have silently followed it for the 20 months that my DH and I have been trying to get pregnant but finally decided I'd had enough of being told to "relax" or "not stress about it" or to " stop trying and it'll happen" it just seemed easier to create an account and speak to others that will understand and relate to what we are going through. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility in October of last year after we had been trying since august of 2012 , all our tests have come back okay and I have two children but had the mirena put in after my 2nd who is now 4.5 since having it removed I've had nothing but problems. I had an hsg done last year which showed my right tube blocked but got cleared during the procedure and my left tube was "doing its own thing and wasn't seen on the X-ray machine, it was too far over " so I don't know if that tube is clear because we never had the chance to see dye spill out of it. We tried for months after that on our own hoping the right tube being cleared would do the trick but no luck , my 21 day bw showed I was ovulating but it was low according to my ob so that has led us to our first round of clomid and hope that in the next 3 cycles this will improve egg quality/production and get us pregnant. Anyone else close in cycle days?? Good luck all!!!!!!
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Round 1/day 2 of clomid. Anyone else?

Postby xibinha » Sat May 03, 2014 9:54 am

Hi Ckatta14! I am 24 CD today; first cycle on clomid, new to posting too. I am 29, trying for my first child.

I thought I Od on cd day 18 bc of EWCM and temp drop but now (supposedly DPO 6) I can see that temp rise in my chart isnt sustained so on monday I will get progesterone levels tested and see if they confirm O. If they dont (I really hope they do!) I ll ask m OB to give me a higher dose next month (50 mg now)... Before this cycle I was on the pill and before that I had polycystic ovaries and did not O on my own.

Are you charting¿ Good luck!
xibinha

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat May 03, 2014 10:35 am

Hi xininha!! I'm not charting any temps, I started to but I wasn't consistant with it, and didn't really know much about it. I go on day 21 for progesterone bw I'm cd 9 right now and just took my final pill. How did the clomid treat you, did you have any side effects? How long are you cycles typically? I hope that this is your month for your BFP!!!! Are you getting close to being able to test!?!?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby xibinha » Sat May 03, 2014 2:08 pm

I didnt have any side effects, maybe decreased CM. Around what I thought to be ovulation time I had headache and mild cramping, not sure if it has to do with clomid. I won t test until I get the results of the progesterone bw bc if they are low it will mean I didnt even O :( However, if they are good (fingers crossed), I ll test in a week time. It will be my 1st HPt ever!!!

Did you fall pregnant easily with your previous children? How old are they now? How old are you? I am 29, DH 36. I feel it s more than time for our first!
xibinha

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat May 03, 2014 4:02 pm

I've had a headache most of the 5 days I've taken it and slight nausea yesterday but so far that's it, I hope it stays that way lol.

I hope your numbers are good giving you a good ovulation!!! Good idea about not testing until the bw comes back! I don't usually test until af is late, my cycle can range anywhere from 27-55 days I never know when it's coming, I got so tired of seeing a negative every time it was a long cycle so I just quit testing lol. First test ever , that'll be so exciting , I hope your first test shows you a blazing +!!!!!

My daughter just turned 9, my son is going to be 5 and we want one more, I got pregnant so easily with both of them, I wasn't trying it just happened which now I know how much of a blessing that was now that I'm almost at the 2 year mark of actually trying. I had the mirena after my son and since then I've been having problems and was diagnosed with unexplained infertility :(
I just celebrated my 30th birthday and my dh is 40.
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby xibinha » Wed May 07, 2014 4:09 pm

Congrats for your kids! :) I hope you get the third one soon.

How are the side effects?

I got my progesterone results today and I think they are not good but let s wait and see what my OB says...
xibinha

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu May 08, 2014 4:02 am

I hope the doctor calls with better news than you're expecting. How long does it usually take them to contact you regarding results? When is af due for you?

I've actually not had any real problems with side effects, thank goodness. I'm just gearing up to o, maybe a few more days I'm hoping sooner but I'm only cd 14 and I've got no idea when or if I would o on my own.
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby xibinha » Fri May 09, 2014 4:37 am

My doctor actually said that I did O! That's great! AF is due on Monday so I'll wait until Wed 14th to get tested. It will be my first HPT ever!

I ovulated on my cd 18 and didn't feel anything until cd 17, when I noticed watery CD.

Let's keep each other posted!
xibinha

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri May 09, 2014 10:05 am

That's great news!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know what your progesterone level was? Are you going to go to the ob to get a blood draw or test at home? I'm so excited to see what happens for you!!!

Mu cb digital gave me my flashing smiley showing high fertility but my strips are still super faint, I hope today and tomorrow they get darker. The strips always confuse me lol.

How are you feeling, any sort or signs or symptoms??
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby xibinha » Sat May 10, 2014 3:51 pm

My progesterone was only 2,8 by according to the lab reference values, anything over 1,5 was good for post-ovulation and actually my temp hasn't stopped rising since the day of the test so I hope it's a good sign...

I am getting all kinds of symptoms (fatigue, headache, ovary twinges...), specially after the day that FF sees as "possible implantation" in my temp chart! but maybe it's all in my mind...

Tomorrow is 14 dpo and I will have a hpt in the morning (my first hpt ever) but it is a normal hpt (not early response) so even if it's negative, I won't be discouraged :), I'll try and repeat it after a few days.

This is all really exciting but nerve-racking at the same time... I am trying hard not to get my hopes up yet!

What about you? Any signs of O?
xibinha

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat May 10, 2014 6:49 pm

I hope all these things happening leads to a bfp!!!! Let me know how the test goes, I'll check back in to hopefully hear good news from you!!!! 14 dpo should give you a good shot at showing a + without having an early result test, raising temps are definitely good, I hope this is your month!! .

Yesterday and today I got my flashing smiley indicating high fertility, tonight I started having a decent amount of ewcm which is good as I usually don't have any. I'm worried that it'll have a bunch of high fertility days before I get my solid smiley indicating ovulation because my opks that you dip are still very light, it would seem like they would be slowly getting a bit darker especially by now, I'm on cd 17 tomorrow so I would think o would be here within the next few days, I hope tomorrow I get my dark lines on the opks. I'm kinda excited to be in my tww lol. Good luck on your test!!!! Keep me posted
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby xibinha » Sun May 11, 2014 5:06 am

First test ever and bfn... :cry: However, I'm not too upset, just nervous and impatient to wait a few more days and maybe get a blood test instead. I think that it is still soon bc I don't really know when AF is due, FF says tomorrow but it could be a few days later and anyway, the test I took was cheap so I want to think maybe not very accurate/sensitive :D . I didn't tell my dh or anyone else about today's test, I'd like to wait and tell them good news instead! Thanks God I have this board to let it out 8)

If your O day is close, make the most of it! :D and keep me posted too!
xibinha

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun May 11, 2014 5:49 am

Sorry about the bfn :( hopefully in a few more days it'll show a +. Lol I never know when af is due she's all over the place I only ever test if she hasn't showed by cd 40. How long is your lp usually, do you know?

I got my solid smiley this morning so hopefully soon, I'm just confused being that I test with the cb advanced in the morning like it says but in the afternoons I use the cheapie sticks and they are not even close to being on the same page . I guess time will tell lol.
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby xibinha » Mon May 12, 2014 4:25 am

Hi!

I've been feeling really down since yesterday, maybe it's PMS or maybe the bfn affected me more than I thought... I'm also afraid that I don't get AF dor the wrong reasons. Anyway, I'm trying to cope the best I can, I'll be very busy with work today and hopefully that wikk keep my mind out from ttc, hpt, AF, fertility, babies.... :)

Have you ovulated yet? How are you feeling?

I wish you a very niice week :D
xibinha

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon May 12, 2014 4:47 am

Good morning!!
I'm sorry you're feeling down, bfn's are truly the worst and definitely have a way of putting a damper on life. Don't give up hope yet (I know it's hard) you're not out until af shows up. It's hard not to get upset about something that you thought you had a real shot at just to feel like it's been shot down faster than it had a chance to become real, I know how you're feeling but as I said don't give up hope yet, not until she shows and if she does show then have hope for the upcoming month. If she shows are you doing another round of clomid, higher dose?

I've been slightly crampy starting last night. My ds refused to go to sleep last night , it seemed like all signs were pointing to bd-ing falling through last night but my dh is so understanding knowing I'm so close to ovulating stayed up to make sure we could get bd-ing done last night, he gets up at 500 for work n waited till after midnight for me to get back to bed, I was pleasantly surprised!! My cb no longer test after they turn positive but my dip sticks are still super negative, I hope my cb opk didn't pick up a surge to o then me not o, or maybe my dip sticks just suck. Idk what is going on, I'm confused lol.

Stay busy and hopeful, have a beautiful day!!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Clomid and Femara