Round 1/day 2 of clomid. Anyone else?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Round 1/day 2 of clomid. Anyone else?

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:59 pm

Hi scarlet!

They started me on cd3, they scheduled me for a consult in early August to see him and figure things out. So we will see what happens this cycle And If it fails idk if they'll start me on a new cycle while waiting for my consult or tell me to take a month off.

Heat definitely could be the culprit for swelling!! When do you see the dr again? Stretching or doing too much at your sisters shower could be shy you were cramping, did it stop? Otherwise how are you feeling?

The expenses really are unreal, it was crazy when my kids were little and keeps getting crazier. I can't believe sometimes what things cost!! Little at a time is all anyone can do.

We got our pool up yesterday.. 3,000.00 just for installation and water.. I hate spending money.. It's safe to say we will be on a tight budget for awhile lol.

I hope your weekend is going well :)
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:14 am

Don't mind the mess. Still lots of filling in and deck building to do :)

Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:57 am

Hey Christy!

YYYAAAAYYY for your POOL! hahahaha your kids must be thrilled! $3,000 for installation is INSANE though. Pools are expensive for sure. I've learned by lesson.

It looks huge! Especially with this hot summer, you are definitely going to enjoy this pool. Make sure you get the floats! When do you think the pool will be up and running? Yes, the deck will take time. You can always use a ladder to get into the pool until the deck is constructed. Yay!

Are you back on the injectibles again? Any changes in dosage, or the same drill as last cycle? Glad to hear that you have a consult with the doctor in August. By that time, you might be in your TWW, right? How are you feeling this time around?

The 93 degree heat this weekend was evil on my body and I've been sweaty and swollen. And of course I went out a lot, here and there and everywhere. My feet have been hurting too, especially yesterday, so I'm going to try to lay off of it today. DH has been doing more construction on our house (crown molding, etc), and he put up the window valances in the baby's room. We're holding off on wall decorations until August.

We got a few more "no's" on my baby shower this week, but that was from DH's family that we hardly know. We didn't expect them to come anyway. Otherwise, we haven't heard from anyone. I went back to the baby shower venue this past weekend and tried some more dishes for the menu, picked out the teas, and discussed the centerpieces. We have it figured out now, I think. Once we know the count of people, we will be able to finish it up.

My next appointment is on 7/28, which is a big appointment. I take the diabetes test, the rhogam shot, and the anatomy scan. I feel like its been a long time since my last appointment and I'm looking forward to it. The only thing I'm not excited about is checking my weight gain! I feel like a blimp with retained fluids, and 3 more months to go!
TTC #2
Unexplained IF, Femara with Trigger/IUI

DS born 9/26/16 He's our little miracle!

Conceived naturally second time around! Very surprised! :omg:

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:03 am

Hi scarlet!

They are insanely expensive.. I didn't realize just how expensive lol. Chemicals are far from cheap too. We have lots of floats, we had a small pool that we put up and took down in the spring and fall so we had a lot of stuff for it already as far as chemicals/floaties. It's up and running, we had it pu up on Friday and by Friday night it was full and running!! My kids were in it all weekend. Too cold for me but now with the solar cover on its almost 80!!

I am back on them. I feel okay, idk what cd I am, I've tracked nothing, I let my ff membership run out, I have 0 interest in obsessing so I'm just doing my injections and going to my appointments and it's been wonderful to let go. They adjust my dose all the time depending on how my lab results come back, I've been on 225 iu this cycle so far. By the time my consult comes I'll probably be onto a new cycle, they have been super short on Injectibles!

You need to stay in a/c with your feet elevated!! Do you have a job where you can sit with your feet elevated at all?? I'm wondering if they'll remove you from work if you can't sit at your job. You should get on a float and spend the weekends in your pool relaxing and staying cool.

Are you getting excited for your shower? Going out and finalizing things sounds fun!! A lot of people don't rsvp but show up lol, I found that out the hard way for the festivities prior to and at our wedding lol. You'll get them flooding in last minute I'm sure

That is a big appointment!!! That's a lot of stuff in one day!! It'll be here before you know it! Good luck with everything!! Keep me updated when you go!! I'm sure all will be fine though :)

I hope your week has started out great!!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:07 am

Hey Christy,

Screw that FF membership!! Haha After I started seeing the fertility doc, I stopped really using FF because the doc was tracking me anyway, so why over-obsess? I agree with your protocol - do your injections and go with it one day at a time. Didn't you say that the fertility doc is over an hour away? How often do you go there?

Whats your plan for the weekend? More pool time?

Oh that's excellent that the pool is open! Yeah I'm sure your kids have been in it all of the time. I found out that this weekend, the temps will rise to over 100 degrees!! Yikes! I hope your kids haven't gotten sick of the pool yet! Agreed on the chemicals. We just ran out of shock (again) and have to buy more. UGH. The solar cover sounds fabulous though - we don't have a heated pool and its way too cold right now. That might do the trick until we can afford a heat pumps. We are definitely not buying that for at least another year. This pool is friggin money pit!

As for my feet, I have a cardboard box that I'm keeping under my desk for "foot elevation" but it isn't the best. Luckily I don't run marathons at this job, but I seem to be prone to swelling. I've been staying indoors as much as possible and trying to keep my feet up at home. Unfortunately the weekends are tough because I am running around doing errands a lot. This weekend we will be doing more stuff for the house and running more errands. I wrote up a checklist of things to do before the baby is due - 33 ITEMS LONG! Ahhh that's a lot to do. Some are easier than others, so my husband I will be tackling it one at a time.

DH and I agreed to start TTC again fairly quickly after the baby's birth. We don't know how long it will take to get pregnant again, and we know that my breastfeeding will likely delay it even further. I'm happy that DH is on board with it. He hasn't fought me on trying again - I think he is also worried about how hard it'll be the second time, and we are preparing for another long ride.

I'm not excited about my shower...yet! haha it's still over a month away and we have back-to-back other things going on before then. You are probably right that people don't always RSVP, so I'm going to expect that to happen. I don't like all of the eyes on me - I feel very awkward!

I am SO READY for my next appointment. I wish I had it today and I'm pissed that I have to wait another week for the next ultrasound. My anxiety is starting to creep back in now that I'm in my third tri. FX
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:53 am

Hi scarlet!!

While on injections I've been going a lot more. I rotate every 2-3 days I'll stay local and get my labs drawn then again in 2-3 days I'll go up there for a sono and blood draw. But that's only in the first part of my cycle. My trips up there have increased since I started injections.

We were thinking of a bbq but knew I was close to o so held off any weekend plans until I knew what was going on with o and iui. What did you do?

Ours isn't heated either and after water delivery it was super cold but once we bought the solar cover it took less than a week to go from 60 to 80, now it feels awesome!! The cover was 100.00 much cheaper than paying to keep it heated lol.

I have a never ending list of things that need done and we do the same thing, we tackle them one at a time. It's much easier that way! I hope your list gets shorter much faster than mine haha. It's never ending when you own a home.

Well............... No real good news.......... We went to the city last night to stay for iui this morning, well we couldn't line up a sitter and had to take our son, my daughter was with her friend , and we had a hard time getting a sample this morning. Our son was sleeping but it was still awkward just knowing he was there lol. So I called and had to cancel, dh wasn't going to be able to give a sample, I was 20 minutes away from my appointment time and we just couldn't do it . They just said to have intercourse so when we got home we were able to get our son down for a nap and get in a bd and we did Wednesday , Friday and then today so fx for us but I'm not holding any hope. I'm a bit disappointed but overall I'm honestly okay with it, I've been feeling run down and over it as it is so ill go with it and be content. We covered bd bases so we will see what happens. :)
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:40 pm

Hey Christy!

I'm so sorry I haven't been around this week. Between work and house stuff (we bought an office desk so that I can work at home), its been one thing after another and I'm ready to CRAWL home from work today. I'm so exhausted I can barely keep my eyes open!

Don't worry about the IUI not happening this time! You did your BDing and you did it right. Things happen and unfortunately these awfully timed sperm collection appointments don't always work out the way you intend, especially with kids around. It's gotta be very difficult to do all of this with kids nearby. I'm sure that you did your BDing and covered yourself with the days! When did your TWW start? Do you think you O'd over the weekend?

I guess its back to more waiting, which is annoying as anything. When do you meet with the doctor in August? Are you feeling any different this time around? I know that you are probably staying very busy.

Today, we had our early AM appointment for the rhogam shot, the diabetes test, the anatomy scan, and the doctor discussion this morning. They had me drink a very sweet orange soda at 8am, which seemed fine at the time, but OMG my heart started racing at around 10:00 and would not stop for over 2 hours! I mean, how much sugar was in that stuff?!? Anyway, I get those results by Monday. The anatomy scan went well and the baby is great, but my placenta is still a little too low for the doctor's liking. He is confident that it will move, and I'm crossing my fingers that it does. Sooo...now I wait again for another appointment in a couple of weeks. I feel much better now that they told me that everything is fine with the baby. I get so anxious when its been weeks with no information.

Cheers for another 2 weeks of waiting! Ugh lol

I can't wait for this weekend to arrive.
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby luvlie1202 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:07 am

First time clomid 5-9 (cd9)

Before clomid I had 24 day cycles, ovulating cd10. I'm not sure what to expect with clomid and my ovulation now. My plan is to start opk cd 10. It's cd9 and I'm already having ovary twinges? Think it's too soon for O?
luvlie1202

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:36 am

Hi scarlet!!

I haven't been around much either, life has never been so busy for us it's absolutely insane!! Yay you're getting all set for baby and post baby, this is so exciting!! Do you have the option to work from home full time after Thomas is born??

I'm hoping I o'd on Sunday like I should have, I still had taken the trigger shot and Sunday morning I got the typical pressure, crampy type of feeling so I'm gonna guess I o'd Sunday just don't know when. I think our Sunday bd was too late but hey we tried lol. It's okay I'm fully expecting af and I'm gonna take August off too and just try on our own. I'm so tired of Sonos, blood draws, meds in general, it's time for a break :) finally lol... I finally let myself get to the breaking point I needed to reach and it feels good ;)

I don't feel any different, I had a harder reaction to the trigger this time around. I've been having dreams every night , some are crazy and some are beyond stupid lol. I'm guessing that's the trigger lol. I've never done that before but the trigger this time around made me crabby, and beyond tired. I'm starting to feel better so must be its almost out of my system. I won't miss taking that shot lol. Af should be here in about 4-5 days.

I think that drink is pure sugar, and yucky lol. I'm glad he's not showing much concern about your placenta and thinks it'll move, I think you'll be okay too :) how was the shot?? Have you gotten any results back yet on any of this stuff?? I'm glad to hear baby Thomas is doing well in there!!! Nice and cozy :)

how are you feeling overall??

Luvlie did you start opks?? What are they looking like, dark yet? Are you being closely monitored?? Fill us in on where you're at in your cycle lol, have you o'd?? So many questions lol.

I hope everyone's weekend was great!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:20 pm

Hey Christy!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a bad reaction to the trigger. The dreams thing is a definite giveaway - I had the same thing after trigger. Being altogether crabby and tired sounds about right too. Ugh what a mess. It sounds like your body needs a break from the meds, so at least you are listening to your body and giving it what it needs.

You did the best that you could under the circumstances and there's still a good chance for you! You did BD up to O day and now it's just waiting time...

I don't blame you for taking a month off (or two) - just the expense alone for these IUIs are ridiculous. Its good to take a break and go back to neutral. You certainly have been busy this summer already! I hope that otherwise your summer is going great - the weather is gorgeous (and hot) and its been a good year for the pool. Is this the time that you start preparing the kids for school?

We got our results back on gestational diabetes and I passed! Yay! The baby is around 3lbs now and is growing normally. I hope that all of this continues with no surprises. DH and I are now working on accessories for the room, including a bookcase and wall decor. I ordered a bunch of things from etsy and now we're waiting again for more funds to order more.

I don't have much time off post baby. I think I get around 6 weeks off, and then I will work from home 3 days a week for a short while, ultimately to 2 days a week. The remaining days I will return to work as normal, but that is expected. I don't work for a large company that gives 3 months off, so I take what I can get. Luckily my mother will be my babysitter for the other days - she is retiring and will be watching my baby and my sister's babies full time.

The shot went very well for the rhogam - I will probably have to take it again after I deliver because Thomas has a 75% chance of being rh-positive. It's not a big deal, but we had to pay out of pocket for it and file a claim for reimbursement. Insurance companies are really difficult to deal with!

Keep me posted on your cycle!

luvlie, CD9 is a bit early for O - 24 day cycles are generally very short though. Be sure to keep tracking your temps because they will give you a better idea about O day!
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:05 am

Morning!!!!

The dreams have subsided so I assume my trigger is gone, I've never had such bad side effects from the trigger, idk why this time was so different. I'm glad to not have to take it for a little while that's for sure lol.

We go back to school the first week of September so we will spend August getting ready. Clothes, supplies, haircuts, shoes all the crap to buy just to send them to school lol. Summer has been good but just so insanely busy!! My boy is in soccer playoffs and football this week, we have something every day and evening plus my daughter does gymnastics 2x a week. All the running is getting exhausting!

Yay!!! I'm happy to hear you passed the diabetes test!!!!!! That's great news!!! I can't believe how far along you are already, before you know it you'll be meeting Thomas!! It's so fun to decorate the nursery, it passes time and is just exciting to be able to do!!

It'll be nice that after the 6 weeks you'll get to still be home a few days a week, that's nice. When you do go back into the office it'll be a relief to know your mom has him and that he will be properly cared for!!

Typical af mood swings unfortunately... Just getting that af feeling. I think I'm 10 dpo today so friday af should be here :( I was hoping by some miracle that us cancelling our iui was all for good reason or "meant to be" and that we would get our bfp on our own, idk why I think these thoughts lol.

EDIT: not long after I posted this I went to the ladies room and light/spotty af is here at 10dpo :(
Luvlie any updates??
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:07 am

Hey Christy!

How have you been this past week? Adjusting back to "normal" hormones? I'm sorry about AF... are you alright? Maybe the extra break will be good for you and your DH. I'm sure that less stress is good for you. Those trips to the fertility clinic can be SO taxing financially and especially emotionally.

Did you talk to your doctor about your plans? Are you going to meet with him or speak with him on the phone to discuss?

Well...I guess its home stretch for you now. The summer is ending soon and school stuff will keep you busy. The gymnastics and soccer stuff has been grueling! Geez! I hope he's having a good time!

Not much to report here. I started childbirth class last week, which was....weird. We started breathing exercises, which will probably go right out of the window at some point. DH and I are working on our checklist, one item at a time, but its very slow progress. The baby shower is in a few weeks, but I'm having my mother and family handle it. I'm not really into the whole hoopla... At this point, I am waiting for my ultrasound next week, and it can't come fast enough!

DH's family had a summer BBQ yesterday which was good..but his family is (how do I say this?) strange... I don't know how DH became so normal in the circus that is his family. I'm sure he will say the same about mine, but his family is the creepy kind of strange. Let's just say I was very happy when it was over. Hopefully we won't be doing that again for another year. This is another reason why I wish we could move to another state and start over. I wish I could just move out to the mid-west and do something else.

Anyway, enough with my rambling. Keep me posted on your status!
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:35 am

Morning scarlet :)

I've been okay, keeping busy!! I didn't think that there would be an adjustment back to regular hormones but something is going on.. I'm really crabby, I'm spotting daily, I'm tired.. Idk what normal feels like I guess, it's been so long since I've not been on medications that I truly don't remember what I would normally feel like, I'm so used to the me on FSH's. Maybe the bitchy, tired me i am now is who I am lol, God I hope not lol. No I'm slightly kidding but I do feel rough and I just don't know what's going on with me.. Could it be from not starting meds?

I go up tomorrow for a consult with him but I think he's going to want me to do at least 1 more iui. My options are either to continue with iui which right now we can't, we need to financially give it a rest for a month or two , or to walk away and try naturally on our own for awhile which I think is what we are leaning towards..

Chipping away at a checklist is something we are doing too, it seems to get longer faster than it gets shorter most of the time lol. It'll all be done before you know it. One thing at a time. You guys have done a lot and put out a lot of money in the last few months it seems, so a little at a time seems like a good idea!!

Creepy strange doesn't sound good.. I don't like it lol.. my dh wants to move, he has lots of ideas and lots of places he'd be happy to go to, I'm the hold up I don't want to move, I would if we had to but I don't really want to. A fresh start is appealing though that's for sure..

How are you feeling? Has the weather cooled a little bit where you are??
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:06 am

Hey Christy!

How are you? What CD are you? I know that you are taking a break now, and I'm hoping that it helps lift up your energy and your spirits.

What happened with the doctor appointment last week? What did the doctor say about the next step? Are you getting ready for the new school year?

I read last week that you were feeling tired and bitchy lately - maybe its your hormones going back to normal after the meds? Maybe its your body still adjusting from the surgery this year? I could only guess what it could be, but I'm not concerned about it given that you were on injectibles for months.

The weather has remained insanely hot here, and I've stayed indoors for most of the summer. I had to go to a funeral this weekend, and the heat outside at the cemetery, and the church, and the luncheon afterwards (their air conditioning wasn't working properly) made me dizzy and exhausted, even after drinking 4+ bottles of water. I came home and totally crashed after that haha

We had an ultrasound yesterday, and the baby is doing perfect! It seems that I gained 28 pounds so far, which doesn't make me too happy, but I can tell that most of it is swelling (my shoes are tight, and my rings are hard to put on my fingers now!). Unfortunately, I still have marginal placenta previa. The doctor said that I'm due for a growth spurt in the next few weeks, and he hopes that the placenta will move by September. I was very upset - I don't want a c-section, and I don't want the scar tissue and the risk of more infertility in the future. I came home and cried to my husband, and he tried his best to comfort me. All we can do is wait a few more weeks to see if the placenta moves. I pray and pray that I can have a vaginal delivery.

Ugh...anyway we are still moving along with the nursery and the baby shower. The baby shower is on the 27th (next Saturday), and we're finishing up preparing for it. I also have my maternity photo shoot this week (its mega expensive - gahhh). Its worth it to have the pictures for the future. FX it goes well.

Keep me posted on your status!
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:47 am

Hello :)

I'm cd 16 with negative opks still.. Looks like I'm going to go back to long unpredictable cycles! I had hoped the surgery had straightened that out. They are progressing , I would think over the weekend I'll get a positive but again who knows for sure.

He basically gave us consent to do whatever we want.. He went over Ivf with me, then said he'd like to do 1-2 more Injectible/iui rounds but won't push us after that to Ivf he said I respond well and his samples are good so he's not concerned with doing iui's and not Ivf, we can do Injectibles with timed intercourse, said we can do femara unmonitored , he was 100% on board with us taking a break and trying on our own too. So basically whatever we decided was okay. Which took some pressure off, so we are gonna try on our own for a few months.

It's been hit here too, before you know it we will be back to blizzards. This winter is supposed to be brutal according to the farmers almanac.. I'm not looking forward to that! Yuck o hate getting sick like that in heat :( I'm glad you got to rest once you got home to try an recover a little bit from the heat exhaustion.

I think everything will fall into place, it'll move like it should and everything will work out! I'm sure it's hard not to be upset, that's a big thing to face surgery but don't give up yet I have faith it'll all work out!! When do you go back for a recheck on that?

How exciting!!!! Everything is coming so fast!! Next thing you know you'll be holding your baby!!! Are you ready for your shower? It's your time to shine, don't let anyone step on your toes,it'll be your day!!!

Have a great weekend scarlet!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Clomid and Femara