Round 1/day 2 of clomid. Anyone else?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Round 1/day 2 of clomid. Anyone else?

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:13 am

Hey Christy!

Yay for a heartbeat and perfect scan!! You are getting close to the end of your first trimester! When are you going to tell everyone else? Are you feeling more comfortable with the idea now?

Are you starting to feel better now that you are close to the second tri?

AFM, I was going to start BDing on Friday, but I started spotting on Thursday for 3 days. It was very weird. My body doesn't seem to know what is going on. So today I don't seem to be spotting anymore, and I think we'll get started trying. Should I consider Thursday the start of a new cycle, or last week? I'm very confused.

Yeah I bought cheapie OPKs. I don't even know when I should start trying it. I'm going to watch my discharge and see when things change and then start taking them. I'm lost and disappointed with my body being so screwed up lol
TTC #2
Unexplained IF, Femara with Trigger/IUI

DS born 9/26/16 He's our little miracle!

Conceived naturally second time around! Very surprised! :omg:

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:45 am

Hi! :)

I'm sorry I've been MIA.. my kids are on break, I have 8 golden retriever puppies, and I've not been feeling well.

After we had our scan done I felt comfortable enough to start telling people. Im 12w3d , almost done with first tri and hoping to feel better in general.

I wonder if your body is confused because it's not done this in so long, I bet after a few cyclesnit will straighten out. I'd consider the actual bleed cd1.

To just get a feel for things I'd start testing by cd10, you'll see gradual darkening then I'd start testing multiple times a day so you don't miss it (I'm a lunatic tester haha) then as you start to figure your body out you wouldn't have to test as much.

How's Thomas doing? And how's it going, where are you in your cycle now?
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:30 pm

Hey Christy,

Sounds like things are hectic right now. I forgot that its winter break. At least the climate is pretty nice this week. I'm happy to hear that you are feeling comfortable and getting more and more excited now! What are your plans for the baby's nursery? Will you find out the gender before working on the room?

My body is totally f**ked up - I'm on CD19. I've had negative OPKs all weekend, no change. The OPKs haven't been getting darker, just staying the same. I don't think I O'd yet. Discharge was watery for a day, and now its back to dry. I think its gonna be a long cycle.

On top of that, my son was awful this weekend, screaming and crying and fussing the whole time. DH and I got into a huge fight over it, and let's just say that BDing wasn't in the cards. At one point, I couldn't stand to look at DH, to be honest. It may be a couple of more cycles before things calm down and my body figures itself out, and maybe my son and husband will get themselves figured out too! Ugh I'm honestly so exhausted. Really truly, I was so sad yesterday after our big fight - it hasn't been the same since. :(
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:22 am

Morning!

We are definitely going to find out gender! I have lots of shopping to do, we got rid of everything so we have nothing for babies anymore lol. It has been beautiful outside, it's so nice for the kids to be able to go outside and play, they were going stir crazy too!

I think you're right, I think it'll take a few cycles to get your body on track. Pregnancy, birth and hormones really screws everything up! But once it does get back on track and predictable then it'll be easier to bd and test for o.

Scarlet I'm so sorry :( is Thomas colicky? My son cried a lot and had really bad acid reflux, it truly puts a strain on your relationship and patience. I completely understand it and have been through it, it's tough that's for sure. Dh and I got into fights bc we were so stressed, exhausted, and at our whits end with knowing what to do for our son who just kept crying no matter what we did. Everything will straighten out, I promise :)

I hope you've gotten a small chance to get out and enjoy a little bit of this nice weather! A breath of fresh air never hurts and always helps :)
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:27 pm

Hey Christy,

How are you feeling? Yay for shopping for new baby stuff! The baby stuff is so different than it was just a few years ago. Its very overwhelming. If you need any advice on things that are in the store, let me know. I'm sure I've seen it or used it at some point. There are a lot of items that you don't necessarily need, but the stores are ramming it down our throats anyway.

DH and I are waiting it out this cycle. We're still not OK right now. We had awful fights last weekend, my son has been terrible lately, and DH is overwhelmed with all of it. Thomas is colicky, but by now he should be "better", but it hasn't. He won't sleep for long periods, he always wants to be held, he cries in the car rides, and lately he's been finicky about everything we do for him. Its frustrating for sure. He was on acid reflux medication, but it didn't really help him. And the worse he gets, the less DH wants to move forward with trying for another baby. I'm not even broaching the subject this week because we are walking on eggshells with each other. I hope this weekend will be better. We'll see...

I'm really sad. I'm trying to get on DH's good side, but I've been emotionally spent. I wanted to try again asap, but now I don't even want to bring it up to DH because its been so hard lately. Ugh. :(
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:48 am

Hi

Scarlet I'm sorry to hear he's not getting any better, what does the pediatrician have to say about it? It really is straining and stressful on a relationship, but it'll get better. is he worse at specific times of the day? Everything with your Dh will improve, It truly is hard when you have no idea what to do to help and it's so easy to get pissed at your spouse, we went through it too. Do they think it's just colic or maybe does he have something else going on? Meaning maybe upper GI stuff or digestion issues?

Everything is so different from when I shopped for my kids. It's all changed so much! I don't know what I need or don't need lol, I feel like I'm brand new all over again. I've been feeling....okay.... I guess I'll say. I have been sick but just heavy gagging no real throwing up and just feel crappy all day, I'm having awful ligament pain on my lower left side but all stuff that's expected and normal at this point. I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow.

I hope the weekend brings you some happier days and everything gets back on track with you and Dh. I truly hope Thomas starts feeling better too, poor little guy :(
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:46 am

Hey Christy!

I'm sorry to hear about the gagging and ligament pain. OUCH! I hope that you start feeling better soon. 13 weeks is around the time that I started to feel better I think. Again, please feel free to ask me about anything in the baby product world. I feel like a pro now lol but I think a lot of these products depend a lot on the baby's personality too.

Thomas is starting to get a little better. He waxes and wanes, so to speak. I've accepted him for his non-sleeping. and my body automatically wakes up every 2 hours at night regardless of whether he wakes up or not. He was a real terror last week, but this week he's happy. He changes like the wind, but I'm trying to keep DH away from the bad moments so that he doesn't get turned off on TTC again. So far I think its working.

DH and I are doing better this week - things have calmed down for us. I don't have a clue when I O'd this month, or even if I O'd yet at all. I thought I O'd last Thursday when I had hot flashes at night, but the last few days I saw fertile CM, so maybe I didn't? In any case, we've been BDing the last few days. I try not to make it like "baby making" sessions because it creates too much stress for us, so we're just BDing for the hell of it and not expecting anything this cycle. In fact, we're trying to keep it very zen right now and not even discuss the whole TTC thing. DH was shocked when I just got up after BDing - he asked why I wasn't going to lay down for 10 minutes afterward. I just said I don't want to make it a big deal right now.

Maybe next cycle I'll have better luck at charting. I haven't seen a positive OPK yet, but it was darker on Sunday and Monday. Weird, right? Maybe my body is making a lot of false starts. We'll see. What do you think?
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:37 am

Morning! :)

I have been feeling better *knock on wood* lol. I hope it lasts! I have no idea where to even begin when it comes to baby shopping. What do you recommend as your basic necessities??

Maybe last week was the storm before the calm settles over!! I hope this new more relaxed Thomas that he has been is forever! Idk much about colic, neither of my kids had it. I hope everything including your body is straightening out!! :)

Maybe a month of keeping it stress free is a good idea. Let everything settle before you jump back In with both feet. I'm glad to hear things are better with you guys, the stress of a baby freaky can be overwhelming. Like I told you we went through it also.

It's very possible you keep gearing up to o but don't , id keep using the opks and I'd buy a huge pack and use 3 a day. It'll give you the info you need to know *hopefully* with watching them. If you can get an idea as to what's happening that makes things so much easier! Are you going to temp again?

14 weeks yesterday.. I keep thinking I'm only 6 weeks away from the half way mark... These 14 weeks have actually gone really fast for me, I've been so busy that time hasn't had a chance to go slow.

I hope your weekend has been relaxing! I'm so ready for spring, I'm tired of the cold! Maybe this year you'll get to enjoy your pool a little with Thomas!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:21 pm

Hey Christy!

Yes, these 14 weeks have gone very fast - You are almost halfway there and thats crazy! I'm happy to hear that you are finally feeling better and enjoying the honeymoon trimester. For me, the second trimester was the BEST. The busier you are, the faster these weeks will fly by.

As for products, I had a few things that worked really well for me. I got the Fisher Price rock-in-play sleeper (the one that automatically rocks the baby when plugged in) which I used all the time. I used it at night also, so the baby was next to my bed with it. I also think the Fisher Price cradle n' swing would be a good investment. As for a bouncer, personally my son hated the bouncer, but Thomas is not the norm. Most babies will sit in the bouncer for a long while and fall asleep with it, so its up to you if you want one. I didn't get the mamaroo or any of those expensive rockers, and I don't think I needed it.

And then there's the swaddling stuff. There's the swaddleme and the muslin blankets and the miracle blanket. The muslin blankets were breathable and really comfy, but for swaddling I preferred the miracle blanket. My sister liked the swaddleme. Don't forget to get side snap tees for the first few weeks after birth, and you know your baby will live in those footed pajamas things for months. My son lived in those. I didn't bother with 2 piece outfits or anything - he was in the one-piece footed pajamas always.

If you have questions on diapers and bottles and pacifiers, let me know.

AFM, Thomas is getting better, slowly. He still doesn't sleep well but I'm totally used to it. He wakes up 4-6 times a night, and I'm still breastfeeding. I don't think he's ready to be weaned yet. If I have to get him formula, he will wake up completely in about 5 minutes and it'll take me 30 min to an hour to get him back down again. With breastfeeding, he's still half-asleep and goes back down easily. Idk how to wean him at this point, but if I can't get pregnant after a few months I might not have a choice.

I'm on CD33 right now, and I hope that my LP was longer this cycle. I expect to get AF by the end of the week, but I'm not sure because I don't technically know when I O'd. I think I did though because my CF is dry. We BD'd on fertile days (I think they were fertile based on CF?) but I have no hope for this cycle at all. I think the OPK strips aren't working for me. I might need to get those bigger, ultrasensitive ones, which are far more expensive. I was thinking of temping but I get up every 2 hours at night - it'll be difficult to temp that way. I'm discouraged for sure.
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:59 am

Hey Christy,

AF arrived today. Boooo! :( Cycle was 38 days long. But I think I know when I O'd and my CF was pretty clear. And I think my LP was long enough this time, and we BD'd on the right days. So I'm feeling better about trying again this cycle.

How are you feeling?
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi!

Thank you for the info! I do know most of the basics but there's so much stuff that's new since I last had a baby lol. Some of it I wasn't even sure what it was lol.

Have you started Thomas on any solids yet? He doesn't sound ready to wean, both of my kids kinda weaned themselves once they got close to 1 so it was easy as there was no choice to make on my end. I can't believe he gets up that much in a night, you have got to be exhausted!

Fx that your cycle is figuring itself out! How long were your cycles before getting pregnant with Thomas? Temping probably wouldn't be overly accurate with as much as you're up in the night. It's so crazy the opks aren't working for you, I wonder if you have a short surge so it's easy to miss when testing. But it sounds like youve got your cm figured out which is huge when trying to figure out bd times! Do you normally o on your Own prior to pregnancy? I can't remember that far back lol.

I feel like crap most of the time. Most food makes my stomach turn just looking at it or smelling it. I'm not sick as in throwing up but food is definitely a huge issue. I'm eating enough to stay healthy but I'm really having a tough time with cooking, seeing, eating and smelling food. Nothing sounds good and it all makes me nauseated to the point of gagging:( I'm hoping it gets better and doesn't last all pregnancy

Besides af showing I hope your week is amazing!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:46 am

Hey Christy!

I understand your issue with food. I had food aversions for MONTHS while pregnant, well into the second trimester and I couldn't look at any chicken or beef until after the baby was born. Hopefully the aversions will get better, or at least enough to enjoy some foods. There is hope because things should start getting better in your second tri. When is your next scan? Does your DH go to all of your appointments?

AF was horribly heavy this month. Its almost like my body wanted to be pregnant and punished me for the failure - it was awful and ugly. I expect it to last at least a week long, so I'm in "time out" mode right now.

My cycles are usually long, around 35 days without medication, and I do O on my own, but we never caught the egg on our own. That's why the doctor said we were "unexplained" because everything looked ok (outside of my long cycles), but it just wasn't working. I think I do have short surges, which is very frustrating. I think the CF watch is the best way, and just BDing every other day in case I can't figure it out. I don't know what else to do other than buy different OPKs.

Thomas is on cereal and stage 1 fruits, but he still loves BFing. He loves it and I can tell he doesn't want to give it up yet, especially in the middle of the night. I wake up all the time, sometimes every hour. Last night he was up every hour from 4:30 to 7:30, but now I can fall asleep on a dime every time he's down.

I'm trying to stay optimistic, but I'm already thinking that I'll have the same problems as before Thomas. Ugh. Trying to stay strong here.
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:03 am

Morning!!

Im in my second trimester I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow so I'm praying the starts to fade away. I went to the dr a few days ago and he started me on a few different meds one of them being an anti nausea med so I'm hoping this really helps me. I spent all last night throwing up over the smell of a cooked steak, it was terrible. I don't want to complain but I've lost 18 lbs (which isn't hurting me to lose it) but being sick all the time is starting to ware on me :( I go for my anatomy scan in mid April, the day after Easter so not for a month still.

May enit was heavy bc you actually had a normal month, meaning g a solid o with appropriate uterine thickness!! This can be good news, think of it as your body clearing out any excess from months of not bleeding and possibly having a good month !! I'd say it's good, you're getting on track!!

Have they done any sort of testing on you? I can't remember, I apologize. Your tubes must not be blocked as you did get a bfp with iui. If you can pinpoint change in CF then definitely watch that, if you wanted to use opks that's when to start testing as much as you can with as you know a good solid hold otherwise I think you're on to something with cf and bd! I'm praying for you that your body remembers what to do and will conceive on your own!!

My kids weaned themselves at about 1 year old, they continued to bf while eating cereal/foods. There's nothing wrong with that at all, I congratulate you that you've been able to bf him and he's done so well with it!

Stay positive! Give yourself a little time and have hope!! I know how frustrating it is but remember your body is just coming back to itself also. Don't give up hope on yourself just yet, hang on a little longer!! I'm in your corner rooting for you :)
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:59 pm

Hey Christy!

Aww so sorry about the 'cooked steak' incident. Ugh. I remember the nausea all to well. NOT fun at all. I hope it gets better soon! You should be getting better really, really soon. Yay for your upcoming anatomy scan!

Do you look officially pregnant now? Or do you look like you just gained too many pounds this winter? I hated that in-between stage. It felt like it went on forever.

I hope you are right about my AF being heavy so that my body clears itself up. I was spotting up until yesterday, so it was a full 8-day AF. Ugh. It was so long and ugly.

Yes, they did do an HSG on me and they found nothing wrong with me. I was Oing without a problem, just not good at egg-catching I guess. I might buy the ultra sensitive OPKs this month. I did a 'control' test on the strips last week, and it looks like I am Oing every day of the month. Not good, so I need something more sensitive.

My son was being very difficult these past few days. He's a terrible sleeper and some nights are just impossible, no matter what I do. And then he's cranky the next day from not sleeping! What a vicious cycle. In any case, DH and I had another fight after another non-sleeping episode, but the next day he seemed very apologetic for it. Sometimes I feel very alone in my caring for my son. My DH can't handle him, so its always me, all the time.

I know I'm not supposed to feel down right now, but I feel like my balloon of optimism is slowly losing air. My hormones are out of whack after this very long AF, and with that and sleeping problems, its hard to be optimistic about getting pregnant again. Just the thought of going through the fertility meds again makes me ill. Hopefully I'll feel better in the next few days.
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:07 am

Hi scarlet :)

I'm definitely In the in between stage, I'm already a heavier girl so I just look like I got fatter over the winter. It's a crappy stage to be in but I expected it. It'll be over soon :)

That's an incredibly long af, I really hope you finally had a good strong o and your body was cleaning out after so many months of not having af. Fx for you!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that scarlet. We went through the strain of no sleep and a fussy baby and it was all me as well, Dh slept while I dealt with it all. We would fight too, it's a huge stressor and it makes it even worse when you feel alone doing it all. I'm sorry :( I pray that things get better for Thomas soon so things will level out. What does his pediatrician say about this?

I don't think you're wrong in how you feel especially when you had just had a very tough few days with Thomas, a nasty af, and a fight with Dh but I'm sure that you'll feel better within a few days. Treatments are demanding and play a huge roll in emotions so I completely get being a bit hesitant, it's a lot. I am hopeful this time around that when your body gets straightened out maybe you'll have good luck at conceiving on your own :) it took my body a good 6 months to get my hormones and everything back in order post surgery, it takes awhile so I'm hoping you're headed in that direction and will just get this crazy awesome surprise:)

I hope your weekend goes well :)
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Clomid and Femara