Round 1/day 2 of clomid. Anyone else?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Round 1/day 2 of clomid. Anyone else?

Postby Mrs.S. » Mon May 12, 2014 2:01 pm

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me chiming in. I am on CD 22, first cycle using Clomid. I had my progesterone blood testing done today and am anxiously awaiting the results. I was using the CBFM and only got high readings this cycle- so unsure if I o'ed or not.

xibinha, I am so sorry about your bfn. I always expect a bfn, but it never feels easier when I see it. I am also really hopeful that Clomid will do the trick. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you- maybe you want to test again in a day or so?

Ckatta, best of luck to you! I hope this is your cycle.

Looking forward to seeing how things turn out for you ladies- best of luck!!
Mrs.S.
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon May 12, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi Mrs. S, welcome!! Kup on your progesterone results!! I hope you get good numbers!!! I posted over in ovulation earlier today I'm so confused as to what's going on with o this cycle. I wish i understood better, we've been bd-ing every other day since cd 9 I think I'm gonna keep that up just to cover my bases being I'm unsure of what's going on :(
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mrs.S. » Mon May 12, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi Ckatta, are you using OPKs? I had been using the cheap OPKs in past cycles- in March I bought the clear blue fertility monitor on the tail end of a 65 day (!!) cycle. I was very excited to use it, even though the instruction booklet says that it might not detect O if you are also taking Clomid. In the end, I guess I should have stuck to the cheap dip-stick OPKs because I never did get a positive (or peak) reading using the monitor. That being said, I tried to BD every other day (but, did miss a day or two) and used Preseed from CD 8. I hope it was enough! I have a tendency to get a bit obsessive. Since I have been TTC, I have had LONG and unpredictable cycles. I feel like Clomid is giving me my first chance to actually get pregnant and I wanted to make sure I did all I could. Hoping to get my progesterone results back tomorrow!
Mrs.S.
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon May 12, 2014 4:46 pm

I am using opks that's the confusion lol. My cb advanced digi gave me high fertility on cd 15,16 and my solid smiley on cd 17 but none of my internet cheapies have gotten even close to positive, they are all about the same color but none are anywhere near positive. Idk what's right my cb or the cheapies , I'm confused lol ..

65 day cycle, wow!!! We have been doing every other day too since cd 9, but it's sometimes hard to maintain that routine lol idk if I should keep it up or if I'm in my tww.. Lol so confusing . I hope clomid gives you your bfp soon!! So when will you begin testing for your bfp?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mrs.S. » Mon May 12, 2014 5:49 pm

The woes of OPKs... I have heard good things about the CB digital. I always had issues with the cheap tests too- it is so hard to interrupt the various shades of dye.

I am not sure when I will test. I guess I will wait for my CD 21 blood work results to come back before I get my hopes up. If I did ovulate, I think it was on CD17 or 18. If blood work looks good, I might test this weekend. What about you?
Mrs.S.
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue May 13, 2014 3:48 am

If my cb was correct then I think I'm 1dpo, but who knows for sure lol. I go for my day 21 bw to check progesterone in a few days so we will see. I was very crampy Sunday night then Monday morning for a few hours but then it stopped so maybe I did o yesterday. Those darn things didn't even have different shades of dye they are all the same shade of gray/pink nothing even remotely close to the red control line. Do you have a brand of opks you would recommend?

I probably won't test till I miss AF or when I think she should come being she's usually all over the place lol. I hate seeing negatives and wasting tests just to my her show up and put a damper on my day lol . Kup on your 21 day draw results, I'm hoping for good numbers for you!!!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue May 13, 2014 6:46 pm

Xi-any updates on you??

Mrs.s how were your progesterone results?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mrs.S. » Wed May 14, 2014 2:49 pm

I received a phone message from my Dr. today- she said that I didn't ovulate : ( By the time I could call her back, she had left for the day. I am hoping she will call me back tomorrow. She did give me any numbers, which I would like to know.
I am experiencing some of my predictable post-o symptoms right now and did have EWCM around CD18/19. Of course, I want to share this her and see what she thinks. My thinking is maybe I O'ed late and therefore, my progesterone levels looked low. OR, maybe I am just becoming crazy/desperate and grasping for straws...

Pending my next conversation with my Dr., I think it is likely that I am going to be moving onto progesterone/new cycle of clomid in the coming days.

Xi- I hope you come back and update us.

Ckatta, what's going on with you?
Mrs.S.
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mrs.S. » Wed May 14, 2014 3:04 pm

Oh and Ckatta, to answer your question about OPK- I don't really have an answer. The cheap sticks are confusing to me for the same reasons you listed- which is why I bought the clear blue fertility monitor (which didn't seem to give me too much information either). My doctor suspects that I might have PCOS (but I haven't really explored it yet), which might be why OPKs don't seem to work for me.

I am thinking that I might try temping next cycle. Do you have any experience with that? I have stayed away from it until now because I am afraid that it would be one more thing to obsess/stress about. I don't sleep well- I probably wake up 4-5 times a night, so I am unsure if I would ever have a long enough period of uninterrupted sleep to get an accurate reading.
Mrs.S.
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed May 14, 2014 3:35 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your results but maybe you're on to something with the late o and not very high levels!! I'd call her back if she doesn't call you so you can tell her those things, maybe she can clear things up. I've been crazy/desperate for a while now lol, welcome haha.

I've tried temping but I also am up multiple times in the night and I honestly never remembered to temp and by the time I did I was already up and moving around, I failed at that lol. But I've been contemplating starting again to hopefully get some clarification with all the opk craziness. I go for my 21 day bw for progesterone check so we will see how that comes back. Like I said my cb gave me an absolute positive just as the directions state it should but on cd 20 the sticks are still the same color as when I started taking them. So temping is starting to look good again lol .

Xi- I hope all is well with you!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed May 14, 2014 3:40 pm

My cb opk gave me my positive and I had cramping in the proper time frame so I assumed I had ovulated but since then but Monday night and yesterday morning I had on and off cramping on one specific side so I'm not sure when I ovulated, I hope it was the first time because DH and I did every other day from cd 9 and we missed last night :( so I hope we didn't miss getting the last bd in before o.
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mrs.S. » Wed May 14, 2014 4:04 pm

Thanks, Ckatta I will keep you posted. I really am getting desperate/obsessive and am happy to have found this site as an outlet. It's nice to connect with others in the same boat. Due to my past history of very limited ovulation, I am inclined to believe my doctor. But, I have had CRAZY sore bbs since this weekend. This has always been a hallmark post-O symptom for me. I guess maybe that could also just be a Clomid side effect? What do you think?

I hope you hear positive results after your CD21 bw. It seems like you have strong evidence that suggests ovulation! It is so hard not to stress about if you timed your BDing correctly- Clomid only made this stress 10x worse for me.
Mrs.S.
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed May 14, 2014 4:39 pm

This is the first month that I don't have sore boobs, they usually start right after what I thought was o but apparently I was just gearing up to o and not or a poor o. So not having sore boobs makes me nervous that maybe I didn't ovulate . The sore boobs could be from the clomid, it does crazy things to your body. I guess that could go either way unfortunately. I hope you O'd late and that can get cleared up with a talk to the dr. At least you know you uncomfortable boobs was for a good purpose lol.

Clomid has made this more stressful, I guess I felt more pressure to make sure we were doing the deed every other day whether we felt like it or not because I knew that I didn't want to miss o, But it all ended up working out.
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mrs.S. » Sat May 17, 2014 4:59 am

Hi Ckatta, I hope you are having a nice weekend. It must be almost time for your CD21 bw?? I eventually got ahold of my doctor and am going back in this morning for another blood test. Keep me posted on your results!
Mrs.S.
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat May 17, 2014 6:18 am

Oh good!! I'm glad you're going in for another draw, let me know how that goes!!! I bet your numbers will be good!!! I had my bw done on Thursday but I've not heard from my dr, I assumed I would have heard yesterday but no such luck. I'll call Monday afternoon if I don't hear from them by then. When will you get the results of your new draw, Monday?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Clomid and Femara