Round 1/day 2 of clomid. Anyone else?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Round 1/day 2 of clomid. Anyone else?

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:37 pm

Dear Christy,

I'm sorry to hear that you're in the in-between stage! That sux. But the spring/summer is coming and you'll be popping just in time! hahaha! It may be a long hot summer for you though. What is your official due date? Were your other two kids on time or did you have them early?

Yeah, I'm feeling very drained right now. Thomas is up all hours of the night, with no indication of changing anytime soon. I'm used to it, but after not having a "sleep in" morning for 6 months, I'm losing energy. The AF, no sleeping, and DH's fight has made me exhausted. I feel very alone taking care of him, especially since I keep hearing about these "good" babies that sleep all night, etc and here I am up all night still. DH wants to do the cry-it-out method and I have refused. I'd rather be up all night than do sleep training.

I have no desire to do hormone treatments. I really want us to conceive on our own this time. I just have to handle these disappointments because we had no luck for a long time before Thomas. At some point I'll have enough of trying on our own, but since I'm breastfeeding I have no choice but to try this way first. I hope that you're right and we get a surprise sooner than later!

Anyway I'm CD14 today but no sign of fertility at all. I think I'll O probably in another week or two. FF thinks my fertile days will be April 2-5, so we will see how accurate that is. I think we are going to BD EOD just in case though. Here goes nothing!
TTC #2
Unexplained IF, Femara with Trigger/IUI

DS born 9/26/16 He's our little miracle!

Conceived naturally second time around! Very surprised! :omg:

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:44 am

Hi :)

I'm due 9/2 but they'll take me at the end of August so I don't go into labor, usually only by a few days though. My daughter was almost a week over due and my son was 5 days prior to his due date bc he was a repeat section.

I'm sorry his sleep is so terrible :( you need rest, it might be your new schedule but you should still have some time to get some sleep in or you'll run yourself ragged. Maybe one of these weekends Dh can keep him so you can sleep in and get rested, you'll feel like a brand new person :)

Good plan.. Get to work hehe ;) As for treatment you'll know when/if the time is right. Instincts will guide you. Those predicted days are right around the corner , Fx for you!! I do have to say kudos to you for being so exhausted and still having the energy and desire to bd EOD, I'd be long asleep and not even thinking about it lol.

I hope things start looking up for you scarlet.. Fx!!
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:13 pm

Hey Christy,

September 2 is right around the corner! That's a pretty due date. Unfortunately you'll be in your third trimester in the heat of summer (so was I), but I would suggest staying indoors as much as you can.

Any more news? Did you have your next scan yet? Hows the preparation going?

According to FF, I am Oing sometime this week. I don't really see much change in CF, but we're gonna BD every day this week until Thursday and then EOD after that until I'm fairly certain I already O'd. I typically dry up really quick afterward, so hopefully it'll be obvious when its done. DH and I are both exhausted, so its been an interesting past week.

Otherwise, not much to update. Easter is coming up soon, but I'm not really in the holiday mood. Thomas still isn't sleeping that well and I'm really tired, and cranky. In fact, we were invited to a family party later this month and I don't want to go because it'll be so much effort with Thomas coming along. He typically has a very hard time sleeping after a party, for several days afterward, and if he doesn't take a single nap I'm totally screwed! I'd rather be home and keep him on a schedule. Boring, right?
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:12 am

Hi!

It will be an uncomfortable summer I'm sure. I have no plans to do anything but lay in my pool and stay in my central air getting my house ready for a baby lol.

I have my anatomy scan acweek from tomorrow, I'm hoping baby cooperates so we can find out gender! No have started no prepping, we have both been working so much it's been crazy. School will be out soon and I'll use the time off in the summer to get evertything ready (hopefully). W are waiting mostly on gender so we can start shopping and getting the things we need.

How did it go this week? Any signs of o??

Not boring at all, I'm the same way. I'd much rather stay home and keep schedules straight but I'm not an overly social person anyways I'd much rather stay home in general anyways lol. I'm not a wall flower but would just rather be home with my own family so i don't think it's boring at all lol.

When did you start feeling movement while pregnant, do you remember?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:47 am

Hey Christy!

Hmm... I think I felt movement by 21/22 weeks. It was my first pregnancy, so we typically don't feel it until later on. For second pregnancies, I think you are supposed to feel it sooner. It also depends on where the placenta is located.

Yay for the anatomy scan! Can't wait to hear about gender. Let's hope that your little munchkin isn't shy and gives you a good view!

Uhhh I didn't really have signs of O last week, but FF says that I was supposed to O. So we BD'd on most the days to cover it. We needed a break after Friday and I took an ovulation test that day, which was clearly negative. We stopped BDing after Friday cause we needed a break and O tests were negative. I hope we BD'd on the right days, and that I actually O'd this time around. CF was not giving me a clear answer.

Soooo now we're gonna take a break and BD when we feel like it until the end of the cycle. I hope that my cycles didn't disappear again. I've been trying to lose pregnancy weight for a few weeks, so that might have affected my body a little. Ugh. I guess I'm in the TWW now? This sux.

Anyways, getting ready for Easter now. Thomas still isn't sleeping well, but I'm very used to it. I was up from 2:30-4:00am this morning. Oh joy!

What are your Easter plans? :)
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:34 am

Hi!!

Fx you covered your bases, it's so odd that the opks don't work for you, I wonder why. That would be really helpful right now for you guys! Hopefully you dtd enough that you won't see Af or have to think about O for the next 10 months!!

I've been feeling movement for a few weeks but it's really low in the pelvic area and I don't feel it every day so I was getting panicked but my ob said I was feeling movement very early and it's not a concern, If in another month it continued he'd be very concerned but he said I'm still early for movement so I do feel better.

He let me move up my scan to tomorrow-Thursday instead of waiting until next week, I can't wait to see my baby and know if we are buying pink or blue!!

Losing weight I would think would only be beneficial, usually it helps regulate cycles out so maybe the added effort of weight loss and all the bd-ing you did you'll have a shot! I'm a firm believer that there's a possibility post pregnancy that the body can do it in its own , I'm not saying for everyone but it's happened in my own family so I'd like to believe it can happen for you as well! It took my brother and his wife 7 years and TONS of treatment to get my precious niece only to have them randomly and unexpectedly with severe endo get pregnant with my nephew within a short time period after. It can happen!! Fx for you, I'm hoping and wishing so hard for you :)

Easter just like every other holiday is shaping up to be an insanely busy day. We will do our own thing first thing in the morning then run right to my moms for an egg hunt and family time then right to his moms to finish the day off with no rest time in between. The day will be done and gone so incredibly fast :( What are you guys going to do, any plans?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:41 pm

Hey Christy!

Yeah I wouldn't worry about the fetal movement at this stage. It IS early to feel movement right now. I didn't feel it until after that, so you're already ahead of the game, plus you don't know where the legs/arms/head is located so kicks could come from pelvic area for a while and then change again lol

I hope that you are right about post-pregnancy good luck. I'm trying not to think about it because otherwise I'll go crazy. My son is a real distraction, so that is something I didn't have last year and its working well to stay busy. I haven't even had the chance to watch my TV shows from last week yet!

Sounds like a crazy Easter for you! Egg hunts are fun! Is the egg hunt in their backyard? My mom used to make sure we each had to pick out certain color eggs (my sister had to find the pink, I had to find the purple, my brother the blue) so that my younger brother didn't end up with nothing. We were older and "experienced" egg hunters apparently.

I hope that next year you will only have 1 place to go for Easter! Carting a 7 month old can be a real pain and a lot of stuff for baby to absorb in one day. I'm going to my aunt's that day for good food and a fun time. It's a smaller group, thank god. We were invited to DH's uncle's easter but I won't go to both places. It's too much for Thomas to handle I think. All I want is fun and relaxation this year!

Let me know about your anatomy scan! FX FX
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:42 am

Hi

I hope your Easter was enjoyable!! How was Thomas?

Where are you at in your cycle? Expected af date? Fx she stays away!!

We separated it by color too, with so many kids there we have to it like you said the bigger kids will get them all before the smaller ones even have a chance to find them. It was fun and the kids had a blast!

My in laws ended up not having Easter, my dhs grandmother who was 104 (a month away from 105) passed away on Saturday night so we went to visit them but after my moms we came home and spent the evening being lazy.

I had my scan. All was well and as it should be, baby is happy and healthy! Baby is also stubborn......... it wouldn't let us see its face or its gender, it was super active but never failed in all that movement to put its foot/leg right back in front of its area. We only had 1 way to look bc of how it kept positioning itself. Im a little disappointed I really wanted to know but happy is healthy is all I can ask for :)
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:08 am

Hey Christy!

Hahahaha your baby is hyperactive! Oh you have your work cut out for you!! lol If he's anything like my hyper child you are IN FOR IT! LOL I'm happy to hear that he/she is a happy, bouncing little boo! Maybe next time the baby will calm down a bit so you can take a looksee at gender. You still have time. Feeling any definite movement yet? Glad to hear that your Easter wasn't so busy!

Easter was hectic here. 3 infants, my son was crying, then happy, then crying, all day. He was very energetic and was bouncing up and down on people's laps, while my sister's kids were laid back and chill lol. There is a clear difference in personality there.

AF arrived yesterday. What a bummer. I felt it coming over the weekend, on and off cramps. So I wasn't surprised by it, but we did BD on the right days and we got a BFN. The cycle was a little shorter (35 days) so that's a good thing. At least my cycle didn't disappear and its more normalized. On top of that, I lost 10 lbs so far on my awful diet. I have another 15 pounds before I hit the weight that I want to be. I hope to be in a comfortable shape by the 4th of July because my parents will have a party and I gotta swim in the pool with my son.

Back on the wagon again. DH wants me to go back on fertility meds, but I don't want to. My son is still breastfeeding (very little, but he still is) at night, and the meds make my body so screwed up. I really want us to get pregnant ON OUR OWN, with no help! Why can't we get pregnant on our own like normal married people??? Ugh. I know I am ranting and raving. On to another cycle. CD2 today.
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:24 am

Morning! :)

Sorry for my delay. Things have been so incredibly hectic for us.

My Dh is a busy body so it makes sense lol. I feel lots of movement just down low in the pubic region so it's not able to be felt on the outside by someone's hand. It's staying really low.

Easter for Thomas sounds like he wasn't sure how to feel that day lol, Hiw has he been since Easter? Getting any rest? How has your sister been towards you?
I hope things have worked themselves out

That's good news that af is starting to straighten out! I wouldn't be shocked for it to take a few months. Mine post meds and surgery took about 5-6 months now that I look back on it. That's a huge step in the right direction!! Maybe your weight loss is contributing get to it as well. Congrats on that by the way, it's hard to lose weight.

Infertility is seriously disheartening and frustrating. Are you thinking you're going to get back on them? If you did would you have to wean Thomas?

Have a great week!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:43 am

Hey Christy,

A little movement is great! I'm happy to hear that its getting more and more noticeable now. Yeah my husband was a busy body too. Oh well. Any other changes since then? Are you going to have a "sprinkle" shower or any event before the baby is born? I know sprinkles are popular when its been a good number of years between children.

Thomas has been very fickle since Easter. He is good one day, then bad the next. Yesterday, my aunt had to babysit him because my mother was on vacation and I had to work. She called me in the middle of the day to tell me that she had to leave early because he was having a meltdown and she couldn't handle it. So I couldn't stay at work and I had to go home. Then he had another overtired meltdown at 8:00 last night and cried for 45 minutes. I am just wiped.

My DH is very nice but he can't take care of my son. He won't change diapers, feed him, or put him to sleep...so its just me. All the time, except when my mother watches him while I work.

I have another 14 pounds to lose, unfortunately. Its not easy, and I'm hungry a lot, but my pre-pregnancy clothes will fit me soon enough I hope. Keep me posted on when you find out gender!
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun May 07, 2017 4:18 am

Hi!! :)

I apologize I've been Gone. Sports, work, my family and trying to keep up on my house is taking up all my time and energy (which is scarce as it is)

Lots of kicks happening but it's so low it all goes right down into my crotch, it's staying extremely low putting a lot of pressure on my bladder and groin area. I hope it moves up before it really starts putting on weight.

My mom is throwing me a sprinkle shower I guess, I don't love the idea, I had a baby shower I don't think it's right to have another one. In fact I really should be shopping already being that I have so much to purchase, it's a bit overwhelming to be honest.

Has Thomas straightened out since Easter? That's a lot of work with very little help. I'm sorry to hear that. How come Dh doesn't help much, does he just not feel comfortable? On top of being exhausted I'm sure is tough some days. :(

Where are you at in your cycle?? Have you o'd or getting ready to??
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:24 pm

Hey Christy,

Yeah, its very overwhelming at first for the baby product shopping. Half the stuff that I received I never even used and ended up returning them, so save your receipts! There are so many items that I THOUGHT I needed and I didn't end up using them, and other items that I didn't think I needed, and I ended up buying it (such as the wipe warmer - ended up being useful at 4am to keep my baby sleepy while changing him).

You can always ask me if there are certain products that you need or not. The shower will be lovely - don't worry about it being a second shower. There are so many new baby products out that weren't around even 5 years ago, so it makes sense to have a small sprinkle shower. You'll end up thankful for getting all of the help! You can try to keep it low key by having it at a house instead of a restaurant, only a few hours instead of 4+ hours, etc.

Thomas is still a difficult baby, but he has good and bad days. Sometimes he won't go down for 2+ hours at night, and other times he has no problem going to sleep in 15 minutes. He's very unpredictable, and I get so exhausted and lose my patience a lot more lately. I don't know...I hope he gets better as he becomes more independent and starts crawling, walking, etc. As for my husband, I think he's very uncomfortable, and that in combination with having an abusive childhood keeps him at arms length with taking care of the baby. Plus, Thomas is especially difficult which doesn't help at all.

I'm supposedly in my fertile days right now. Today is CD23, which shows O day on my fertility app, but I have no sign of O in my body. I was showing more fertility signs last week, so we have been BDing almost every day (except Sunday, which was an awful night with Thomas) for about a week, and every other day before that for a week. I hope I have my bases covered, but I'm not optimistic at all. I'm kinda sad, to be honest. I feel like we're doing all of this for nothing. DH hasn't complained for all the BD days we've been having, but he knows I have zero faith that this will work. I guess I need some positive support. Plus no one knows we are trying, so I can't call anyone and get a voice on the line telling me its all going to be OK.

A few more days of BDing, and then we are back with every other day until AF arrives. Wish me luck

:wink:
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat May 13, 2017 6:30 am

Morning!

It sounds like you definitely have your bases covered! That's a lot of bd-ing. I give you credit for being able to keep that schedule all while being exhausted, working and caring for a baby! You rock!!!

Some of the baby products I was looking at I don't even know what they were.... that's where it got overwhelming lol. So much has changed in 7.5 years! It's absolutely crazy! We go Tuesday to a technical school that has a sonography class that does sonos to gain experience, they said they'd tell me gender if only they were 100% certain so I'm truly hoping baby cooperates or that's our last shot at knowing before 36 weeks when my ob will do a growth scan.

I hope you're right and that Thomas gains some independence that everything straightens out. Being exhausted and losing your patience is bound to happen at one point or another. I'm sure you're completely wiped out and it's 100% understandable. I hope things straighten out soon so you can get some rest!

Do you think you o'd?? It sounds like you definitely covered it!!

Any fun weekend plans??
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:06 am

Hey Christy!

Any news on gender? Did you take the voluntary scan? I'm so curious to know gender for your little one! If not, when is your 36 week scan?

How was your mother's day? I hope that it was great! It must be so nice to have a mother's day pregnant. Last year, mother's day was extra special for me because I was pregnant.

Yes, we have our bases covered for BDing this cycle. We are now BDing every other day until AF, but I can feel my body is not in the fertile window anymore. Sex is a little more uncomfortable because my cervix is low, and it can be painful if it isn't done in certain positions. I think we're out of the crazy fertile period now, so its just waiting.

We BD'd a lot this cycle. I don't think there is much more we could have done without exhausting ourselves. My husband has been really good about it, even on nights when we both get home late from work and are in NO mood for BD. DH has been really nice to me lately - he went out with his cousins to the bar on Friday and they told him that I should be a stay at home mom and not work because it would be detrimental to our son to have my parents watch him while I work. My husband defended me and my job for THREE HOURS at the bar, and since then he has been really nice to me. I mean, are we living in the 1950s? Ugh.

Anyway, mother's day was crazy hectic. My family treats it like a big holiday, and I hosted it. My aunt made most of the food (she usually hosts the holiday, but her house is too small now) and everyone else brought food also. It was good to have Thomas in his own home because he can take naps in his bed and he's more comfortable. My sister brought her kids too. It was 8 hours of entertaining, but my house is big (we bought a fixer-upper that had a lot of square footage), so everyone seemed to be comfortable. The kids hung out in the playroom, the guys hung out in the den, and the babies napped in the bedroom upstairs. It worked out really well and my family want us to have all of the holidays here from now on lol. That definitely won't happen haha

Another week and this cycle will be over. I'm on CD31 now, another week before AF should arrive. I'm happy knowing that we did our best, but I wish I knew it was enough. I'm not hopeful, just a little defeated about this whole process.
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Clomid and Femara