Round 1/day 2 of clomid. Anyone else?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Round 1/day 2 of clomid. Anyone else?

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:20 pm

Hey Christy!

How was your Fourth? Mine was good. Thomas went swimming for the first time and LOVED it. I think all kids like the pool, but he was a happy little clam. The only issue was the fireworks, which screwed up his sleep royally for about a week. The fireworks were waking him up a lot until 11pm every night from Thursday until last night.

We may opt for solar heaters on our pool until we can afford something else, but we probably won't use the pool at all until the trees are removed and no more pine needles are covering the surface. Its a real pain and not very attractive.

I'm sorry to hear that your doctor is concerned about weight gain. I hope all is alright - I know that you were sick for a while, and back pain doesn't exactly make you ready to eat. When is the appt? My sono is on Wed 7/12 so we both get feedback next week. Yikes!

Have you had any braxton hicks contractions? I think I was getting some around that time. Any news on a name for your little girl?

I told my mom and dad last week. They are optimistic that all will be OK, but I told them that I'm not really excited yet to talk about the new baby until the test results come back. My blood work and NT scan is Wed and then it takes 7-10 days until we get the blood test results back. We are doing the panorama test that verifies if there are chromosome problems. We are also doing a 16 week anatomy scan. We're just kinda waiting to see how things go right now. Thankfully they haven't really talked about it with me because they know how stressed I am. Maybe they will keep up with that until the end of this month.
TTC #2
Unexplained IF, Femara with Trigger/IUI

DS born 9/26/16 He's our little miracle!

Conceived naturally second time around! Very surprised! :omg:

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:15 am

Hi :)

Our 4th was busy but good! It was a little more low key this year and I'm 100% okay with that! Oh no I'm sorry fireworks messed up his schedule, that stinks:(
I hope things have gotten back to normal!!

That sounds annoying. Even with a solar cover they'd just land on that. That's too much cleaning the top just to get in it, I'd definitely remove the trees. Hopefully they aren't a blocker from neighbors homes so you can keep privacy with them gone.

I go Wednesday too, at 1030. I have a feeling I'm gonna make up for the little gain I have had. itll just all come at once and quickly I think then I'll be fat and uncomfortable lol. Time is going quickly (so far) the end will be here before I know it! :)

My poor baby is still nameless. My Dh has a name he likes, I don't hate it but I'm just not sold on it either. I am having a terrible time finding anything that I like. Idk why it's so hard for me this time. I guess when I find what I'm looking for I'll know it...??? Lol, so indecisive I am.

At least you'll be able to get your sono results back. Waiting on bloods for that long is probably normal but it stinks that you've got to wait to get those results. I'm praying that you get good results from your sono and bloods! How's your Dh doing with all of this? Do you feel better telling your mom? I'm glad they are being positive and giving 100% support, that's perfect :) It's nice that you know you have them but they aren't non stop trying to discuss it and ask questions. It's a relief to know you have that added support :)

I hope your weekend was good! Have a good week and keep me posted on your appointment Wednesday!!
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:21 pm

How'd it go today scarlet?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:35 pm

Hey Christy!

How was your appointment today? We both had 10:30am appointments!! LOL Did you gain some weight back and get out of the danger zone, or are they going to keep watching you for a while? I feel like no matter what problem there is, they keep wanting you to come back and back again to constantly monitor you. I feel like a pin cushion at this point.

I understand about not being "sold" on the name that your husband likes. Girl names are really tough because there is no big pull for traditional names, so you can really pick anything, and of course you want it to be good for both a young child and a grown adult. My DH and I are at odds on girl names too. We are good with boy names, but girl names are going to be a big fight, if we get there. You may not know for sure until you hold your little princess, and that is totally OK. I would put together a short list of names that you like so that when she's born, you can throw some names out at her and see if something feels good to you. I know a bunch of ladies who didn't have a name for their baby until after they were born. Someone told me to pick a name, "sell it" to yourself for two weeks, and then pick another name for another two weeks, and keep doing that until you think you might have made a decision.

I had my NT scan today, and it came back normal. The doctor said that the baby looks good. My placenta is still abnormal though. He said it could be a tumor on it, or a blood clot, but he doesn't think its a molar pregnancy anymore because it isn't really growing. He wants me to be monitored more because if its a tumor, it will require more blood which could affect the baby's blood supply. Ugh. In the meantime he took blood for my panorama test to determine if there is triploidy (for molar pregnancies) and other chromosome abnormalities, such as Downs syndrome. We should have the test results back in 7-10 days.

My husband INSISTS that we are having another boy. I'm not so sure, probably because I am hoping for a girl so much this time. I really want a girl because I don't know if my husband will be open to having another child after this. He just says he has a feeling, but who knows. My symptoms are much the same from my last pregnancy, but does that always mean the same gender?? Do I have a chance for a girl? We will know gender next week also, around the time of my birthday.

My family has been good, but they are excited about the pregnancy and I'm not excited yet. My mother asked about the results today and I didn't even want to discuss it because we are still waiting for results. All of this is good news so far but I'm still holding back the excitement. Not sure why. Seems like both DH and I are feeling that way.

Otherwise, I guess we wait AGAIN another 7-10 days for those results. Fingers, toes, and everything else is crossed.
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Scarlet that's all good news so far regarding the baby! I'm praying there's no tumor and that too goes away! Things are starting to look up for you guys, I do however completely understand not being quite at the excited point, you're still nervous I'm sure. Once your test results come back I'm sure it'll lift a little more weight off your shoulders. Being monitored is probably good, you can keep on top of everything. It gets old I know but its good to keep tabs on it all!

My Dh probably wouldn't be open for another baby either. You guys just keep taking hits, thankfully you guys can withstand them and make it through them. You absolutely have a chance at having a girl!!! Youll know soon , that's such an exciting time!! You have names picked out!!??!! God I'm such a slacker hahaha.. We do have a few that we've talked about but again I just don't know that I love them enough. We will most likely not name her until we see her and see what fits.

I gained a pound..... We didn't get terrible news but not great news either.. We are labeled as SGA (small for gestational age) he said she's proportionate which is good and takes the concern off of it, if at any point one part of her outgrows the rest we have issues. He said my placenta and fluid are good so that was another positive, they are gonna do another scan in two weeks to make sure there's proportionate growth then we go from there I guess. He said at this rate she will likely have a birth weight below 6 lbs. she was 2lb12oz today. I measured exactly 4 weeks behind schedule.. lots of worry of course, feeling pretty down...

I better go feed my kiddos I just wanted to check in on you, I'm so glad the baby looks good and you got some good news today!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:43 am

Dear Christy,

I'm sorry to hear that your baby is small for her gestational age. Were your other babies small? Is there is a family history of small infants?

I would imagine that since she is proportional, that is a very good sign. Did they tell you to do anything in particular to help the process at all (i.e., binge on cheeseburgers or take supplements)? Its my understanding that the size of baby doesn't have much to do with the mother's diet as long as the mother is eating sufficiently to maintain, and I'm sure that you are doing that. I thought that baby's size has more to do with genes than anything else. No?

If the baby is less than 6lbs at 40 weeks, will they try to hold off delivery for you so that your baby will gain more weight, or is that a health risk for you?

I understand you feeling down about it. Complications like this can be such a mood-kill. With my last pregnancy, placenta previa was our problem, and now this entire first trimester is stock full of worry again for another placenta problem. It seems like things can never be smooth, so I understand the frustration and worry. Plus, things like this can never be resolved quickly or easily. Its all about coming back and being monitored, which means you are sitting in your own thoughts for weeks on end. I completely get it. Really the only help would be to stay distracted and follow doctor orders until the next appointment. That's pretty much all I've been doing.

Many, many babies are born less than 6lbs (my sister's twins included), so I hope that your baby is just a petite little girl and that's all there is. Please keep me posted on your next appt in 2 weeks.

We think we have a name picked out for a boy, but not a girl. I guess I'm experiencing some pre-gender disappointment. DH is so sure its a boy, and I would hate to imagine not having a girl ever. My relationship with my mother is very close, and I would love to have that with a daughter. Boys are different - I always feel like my time with them is limited until they find a wife. Then i'm just old news. I'm sure I would have to do INSANE convincing to have another child after this, and I'd hate to have the added pressure of hoping for a certain gender at that point.

Soooo yeah there's pressure on the chromosome problems, the molar pregnancy, the tumor/blood clot, the gender. Anything else? LOL no wonder I'm not excited yet.

It would be weird to get all of this news on my birthday next week. Let me know what else comes up.
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 am

Hi :)

Neither of my kids were overly small. She was 8lb6oz and he was 6lb15oz. I can't believe that in all the sonos and weigh ins that they never caught this until I pointed it out that my weight wasn't going up. It kind of annoys me bc I brought it up at multiple appointments and they kept blowing me off. I've only got 6 weeks left to get her up to a good weight and idk how to help it.

I doubt they'll hold off delivery. I'm scheduled for surgery 5 days prior to my due date. They haven't said anything but we will know more after next weeks sono measurements and go from there is my guess. our local hospital does not have a children's unit (other than a nursery) so if she's born very small or not at the maturity for a full term baby and needs to be put in a NICU she will need to be transferred about an hour away from me to the children's hospital and idk if I could handle that. I'm praying with everything I've got that isn't necessary.

How are you feeling? How has Thomas been doing? Any word back from your dr regarding any results yet? I hate the sitting and waiting, it can drive one crazy lol. You could still have a little girl in there and even if it's not you'll love a little boy just the same. My little guy is a momma s boy and I cherish it, I'm sure Thomas will be too. When do you find out gender?

Happy birthday!! Any birthday plans??

Keep me updated :) have a great birthday!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:56 am

Hey Christy,

It's crazy that your doctor's office hasn't been attentive enough to watch your baby's weight over time. Didn't you have a recent anatomy scan? Wouldn't that have come up? Strange. That is very frustrating.

Did the doctor tell you to do anything different to help with baby's weight gain? Did they tell you possible causes for slow weight gain?

Weirdly enough, I know someone who was recently diagnosed with gestational diabetes and their baby is grossly overweight in the womb. They are trying to manage it, but it is a danger to the baby and mom when they are overweight too.

Is there no way for you to give birth at the children's hospital instead of the other local hospital? This way you will already be there in case there's a problem. Since this is scheduled anyway, you won't have to time it on contractions, etc.

I'm feeling OK. I was feeling some nausea yesterday but today is better. No results yet from the doctor's office. I kinda figured I wouldn't get the results until next week though. I'm worried that there's a problem and I'm afraid to answer the phone sometimes.

The sitting and waiting is difficult for us. These results will likely determine the entire pregnancy. I've been very edgy, cranky and impatient all week. I go to the doctor tomorrow for a regular check, but the results probably won't be back by then. We find out gender the same time as the chromosome test - all in one shot! Yikes.

No plans for my birthday yet! We are going out to dinner in a couple of weeks (my mom will babysit), so I have to pick a restaurant. It'll be great to go out and have a nice dinner in peace. That's all I really wanted anyway lol

When do you go back to the doctor?
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:08 am

Hi!

I find myself fairly angry with my office.. You bounce in between 2 drs, every other visit you see them. I mentioned lack of weight gain multiple times and they kept saying I was too early to worry about that. Well now I'm kinda pissed about it. I don't get how they never monitored weight gain between the two of them. It absolutely frustrates me.

I had an anatomy scan at 19 weeks. I've had in total I think 3 or 4 scans and none of them really showed a difference in gestation. I pretty much measured right on target, at least the ones that I saw and knew about so growth slowed mid pregnancy for some reason. She wasn't always measuring behind. Sadly enough I'll probably have to point that out to my ob as well......... He told me "she's just small" , well she wasn't always small so I call bs on that and I want someone to look into this better. I go back Tuesday.

I could have delivered up there but I would have had to found an ob that delivers there, which means every appointment would be at least an hour drive for a check up but maybe at this point it would have been worth it. I'll probably only get sent there now if I need to bc I'm so far along. I'm definitely questioning my offices abilities, I mean how is it that I'm putting more together than they are regarding the whole damn situation.

I place no blame I would absolutely be cranky and impatient, that's a big heavy weight to carry on your shoulders. The unknown is always the scariest, your mind can run free with the unknown. I'm sure everything will come back okay with all your labs. Good luck today at your appointment, maybe your results will be back in early and you'll get some well deserved good news!!

You definitely need to enjoy your dinner date night together! It's rare (at least in my house) that you're ever alone lol. Enjoy yourselves and your birthday!!
I'm not a huge birthday planner either, I'm too old lol. I'm content with going to dinner or someone else cooking for a change lol.

Let me know how your appointment goes today!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:00 pm

Hey Christy!

It's very frustrating when you bring up a problem time and time again and its not heard. Then all of a sudden it becomes important! Ugh -its like talking to a brick wall. It sounds like the weight issue with your baby girl is more recent, if the anatomy scans were on target. Is that a good sign or a bad one? I have no idea. I would imagine if she's been small all along, it would have been spotted much sooner and they could've ruled things out? You are left with more questions than answers.

On a positive note, at least you are going to the doctor more often to see progress. You never know - maybe she'll shoot up in the size one week. There's always a chance. I've heard of stranger things happening. Let me know what happens on Tuesday. I am crossing my fingers that she gains weight this week!

Can you delay making a decision on the delivery place until you know her size around the due date? If she still weighs very small by your delivery, you may opt for the children's hospital, but if she shoots up in size, you may not.

I have great news!

My chromosome tests came back low risk/negative. No chromosome problems, no downs, no nothing. Baby is perfect. YAY!

I still have the placenta issue, which means I have to be monitored. I may have a benign tumor or a blood clot. They have to watch me to see what happens.

In the meantime, I saw the baby this morning and there was movement and wiggles all around. I was very happy to see it.

AND... we are having a baby GIRL! Muaahahahhahahahahah! :belly: :babyg:

I guess that God was listening! I couldn't be happier! This is the best birthday gift EVER!
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:54 am

Morning.. Happy Friday!!!

Scarlet that's great news!! I'm so happy to hear everything is okay!!!! I'm sure it feels amazing to have that weight lifted! That's the best news you could have gotten, I'm so happy for you! A GIRL!!!! How amazing!!!! She will be a perfect princess! :) congratulations!!!

The weight issue to me seems recent, they of course haven't looked back at any of our other sonos to double check (insert eye roll) but I do know that she measured on target at our other scans. I will be bringing this up on Tuesday. I'm just praying that she gains quickly in the last 5 weeks and 3 days!

I have got to go grocery shopping but enjoy your Friday and weekend!!! Relax and enjoy the new amazing news you guys have just gotten! :)
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:50 pm

Just a quick update from today's appointment.. I'm so upset, exhausted, afraid and emotional right now..

So... she gained 6 ounces in 2 weeks, she's weighing 3lb2oz but she's now measuring 5 weeks behind bc she's just not gaining enough. My dr today told me it's IUGR - intrauterine growth restriction, so I now go for non stress tests 2x a week, the dr weekly, I had to have a Doppler done of her cord to make sure the blood is only flowing to her and not back to the placenta, if it is going back to the placenta that's not good, I'm waiting on those results. I have been referred to drive up to the children's hospital over an hour away for a consult to see what they say and where they want me to deliver depending on how severe our issue is (with my normal dr or in the children's hospital) he doesn't want to deliver her and then have her transported up to the children's facility. He wants me delivered by 37 week most likely, I'm 34w3d now so that's in about 2.5 weeks. He said from what they can see her organs are at the maturity of my gestational age, the only concern is lungs not being completely ready. So right now I'm kinda still up in the air until I get all my results and go to the consult at the children's hospital.

My head is just reeling with all of this. I'm not at all prepared, I need to get shopping, cleaning and preparing but then on the other hand if I have to deliver at the children's hospital it's bc she will be in the NICU and won't be able to come home with us. So I need to prepare just in case bc it looks like I'll most likely be delivered within in a few weeks.

Enjoy your evening :)
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:30 am

Hey Christy.

Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear that she isn't gaining enough weight. I never heard of IUGR - it seems like its just a symptom, but you are forced to take a thousand tests to determine the cause? What are non stress tests? What is involved with that?

When do you find out the doppler results on the placenta? That has to be stressful. It seems that since she was gaining weight before, its not likely to be a placenta problem, right?

I suppose that they want to deliver her early because if there IS a placenta problem or other problem that is hindering her from getting the nutrition she needs, then its best to deliver early so that she can get formula and other nutrition to help gain weight. When are you going to the children's hospital for the consult? Honestly, if it were me, I would probably be more comfortable being delivered at the children's hospital rather than having to worry about the baby being transported over there in a worst case scenario. Let me know what they say and what they advise.

As for the lungs, my son's lungs were not mature either, so they had to give me steroid shots at 34 weeks to speed up lung maturity. My son was delivered at 37 weeks without lung issues. Are they going to give you steroids?

That is a lot to deal with. What does your husband say? Don't go crazy with preparation. You really don't need a lot of stuff during the first couple of weeks of baby's life anyway (just some pajamas outfits, diaper changing supplies, and something for her to sleep next to your bed). All of the other stuff can be bought over time.

If the baby is in the NICU, you will be running back and forth over there every day most likely until she reaches a certain weight. My sister's kids were there for a full week because they were underweight as well. The traveling can be hard, but luckily your other kids are older and I'm sure your family can help some! I wish I lived near you so that I could help!

I'm so sorry that this isn't the best news. What a way to the finish line, right? My son was also stressful because I was on bedrest for 3 weeks before delivery and we weren't ready either. It was total mayhem, but I really think it will be OK. Keep going to those doctor appointments and let the doctors do their job.

Let me know test results when you get them. :hugs:
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:59 am

There are a lot of causes for IUGR but I do not fall into any of the categories, my case is just simply that in the second half of pregnancy my placenta didn't grow with her and started malfunctioning. It's just not doing its job, it's failing her. The non stress test is done at the local hospital, they put monitors on the belly to monitor movement, contractions and heart rate. They like to see so many minutes of fetal HR to ensure it's not acting up or under stress.

I probably won't get Doppler results until Tuesday at my next appointment. The nurse said she'd call but she didn't plus I think I'd rather talk to him so I can ask questions and actually get an answer.

I go up Friday morning to the perinatal unit at the children's hospital. They are going to do testing and determine what's safest and best for her. They have technology that's so much better than our little small hospitals have so they will be able to better determine why my placenta isn't growing or fully functioning.

I'm not sure on the steroid shots. I'm sure they will if they feel she needs the help. I have nothing but for right now I'm going to get necessities bc I'm not 100% sure when she'll be coming home, I should know more on Friday and will also know when I'm delivering so I'm gonna wait it out and see what happens at this appointment before I go crazy buying things.

In the NICU at that hospital I would be able to stay with her. So between my Dh and I someone will always be with her. Mostly me probably so I can nurse but I'll need to come home and see my other kids too. Divide and conquer when/if necessary I guess. I'm trying to take it all in stride as it comes.

How are you feeling?? You're not waiting on anymore results are you??

Thank you for your support, it means a lot right now :)
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:58 pm

Hey Christy,

OK, so you have to wait for the Doppler results (I thought that was available right away - that sux). I would call anyway tomorrow to see if you can have results before the weekend. Its awful to wait around all weekend for test results.

Let me know what happens at the perinatal unit appointment tomorrow. I'm glad you were able to get an appointment really fast. Hopefully they will make a determination for you right then and there.

I would imagine that they are going to give your daughter formula until your milk comes in? Milk takes a couple of days and she may lose more weight before your milk arrives. Yeah, I would guess that you will probably be with her most of the time. It's good that they will let you stay there - I thought you would have to travel every day, which would be SO tiring.

I'm feeling pretty good. No nausea, some cramps here and there that I think are growing pains. I always get anxious when I get cramps because of the tumor/blood clot issue. I go to the doctor next Thursday for a check-in, but I don't take the anatomy scan until I am 16 weeks, on August 16. So its a lot of waiting.

My family wants me to tell my extended family before the 16th, but I told them that DH and I agreed not to do that. We want to see a good anatomy scan and feel comfortable before letting the news loose in the world. Once its out there, it is REALLY out there.

In the meantime, I need to start planning my son's first birthday party. Its going to be a bigger deal of course, we're catering it, and we will have decorations, etc. My sister is making hers a HUGE deal so I can't have something too small. On top of that, we have to get professional photos for his first birthday too. Yikes. Lots of money being rolled out again. It never ends. Meanwhile I told DH that we absolutely must get a new bedroom set in the next 2 months - I need a comfortable bed to sleep and we still have DH's bachelor bed with an old mattress. It's not working for me anymore. He agreed because he knows I mean business this time!

Anyway, let me know what they say at the children's hospital tomorrow. I hope that they will have a good plan for you so that you can get your stuff together and planned without any more surprises.
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Clomid and Femara