Round 1/day 2 of clomid. Anyone else?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Round 1/day 2 of clomid. Anyone else?

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri May 23, 2014 3:45 am

I'm definitely bummed out, I was almost sure I had o'd even though I was confused by my opks but I guess I hope 100mg can help get things moving, we are leaving in 4 weeks to go to fl for 2 weeks for a wedding and while we are there is when I'd start my 3rd round if this month doesn't work and I won't be able to get it so it'll have to be a natural month so I'm hoping that this is our month. The nurse said that if the cb was + then it was wrong because I definitely did not o that the dip sticks not giving me the + were probably more accurate to stick with those. I hope af starts soon and does not make me wait until cd 50, I wanna start on my next cycle . I hope you o soon, I'm excited to see what happens lol. Bd, bd, bd lol , good luck!! Keep me updated!!

Xi- how's your cycle going?
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mrs.S. » Sat May 24, 2014 8:35 am

I hope you can start a new cycle soon. Maybe 100 mg will be all you need! I am also traveling next month and for part of the time my husband won't be with me. If I have to start a new clomid cycle, I am really keeping my fingers crossed that I can time it out so I O before I leave.
My doctor told me that if you have no confirmed O, you can start a new Clomid cycle right away, without waiting for af. Maybe your doctor would allow you to do the same? That way, you might be able to have an opportunity to O before you leave? Good luck to you!

Xi- good luck in your new cycle!
Mrs.S.
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat May 24, 2014 5:43 pm

Hi-how's your weekend? The nurse told me to call when af starts then they will fax in the script, so apparently I've got to wait until af starts who by the way is feeling like taking her time this month, it's gonna be a long cycle I guess :( when do you go back in for a progesterone check?
I hope o timing works out correctly for you this round, maybe 100 mg will do the truck for both of us, fx!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby xibinha » Sun May 25, 2014 3:31 am

Hi!!!

Ckatta, I'm sorry to here that you didn't O this cycle. I'm sure 100mg will do the trick this time though :)

Mrs.S, it totally sounds like you're O! How exciting! Do your best with bd :D I agree with you guys completely about timing bd, it is really upsetting to turn sth that is supposed to be pleasurable into a "duty". There are times that is great but other times when we're tired for example is really frustrating, especially when we're not sure if we did O and have to keep on trying our best for a few more days. I am a teacher too (so looking forward to the holidays!) and dh comes back from work late most of the days and I have to wake up early the next morning, it's difficult some days. I hope this cycle everything goes great :)

I am cd 9 today and took my last clomid pill this morning. What about you?

It's been great for me too to share all this suffering and excitement with you, it's never the same when you talk about all this with people that really don't have a clue about what we're going through...
xibinha

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun May 25, 2014 5:21 am

Hi xi!! Good to hear from you!!! How is the higher dose treating you so far?
I hope this is your cycle !!! Good luck!!

Mrs. S I was gonna ask in the last post, do you think you o'd yet?? I hope you caught the egg if you have!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby xibinha » Mon May 26, 2014 2:46 am

Hi!

I'm still on 50 mg, since it did make me O last time :) Again, no side effects at all so far!

I'm still cd 10 and last month I O on cd 18 so in two or three days I'll start taking OPK (it will be my first time, let's wait and see if they work with me, I've heard they aren't always accurate, esp.with clomid) and of course BDing :rofl:

What about you? What cycle day are you? How are you feeling?
xibinha

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon May 26, 2014 5:15 am

Morning!! I am using opks also, I was sure this cycle they weren't accurate being they showed no o but it turns out that they were accurate and I was wrong lol. I'm on cd 32, waiting on af so I can jump up to 100 mg. I didn't have any real side effects on the 50mg either, I hope the 100mg is the same. I hate being in limbo, I didn't o so I know there's no pregnancy but no af either, drives me crazy lol for once I just wish she would show up so I could move on .

Good luck this cycle, bd bd bd lol.
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mrs.S. » Mon May 26, 2014 4:26 pm

Hi guys, I hope both of you had a good weekend! I am going back for another progesterone check in Friday of this week. I had VERY positive looking OPKs on Wednesday (am and pm) and Thursday (am) last week. I think it is very possible that O occurred Thursday night/Friday? I will keep you both posted on what happens.

Xi, what grade do you teach? I really empathize with you- I too am often so exhausted when I come home from school. It is hard for me to wait up for my husband some nights! Taking clomid really upped my obsession with BDing just right. I am excited that you are already on CD10!

Ckatta, I hope you can find things to keep you occupied while you wait for your next cycle to start. Hopefully it won't be much longer!
Mrs.S.
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby kb248998 » Thu May 29, 2014 4:10 am

hiya all im new to this. im on round 2 of clomid. trying for baby #2. has been 4 years trying. im currently at 3dpo and in the dreaded 2 week wait. has anybody been using ovulation tests, as i did this time around. and the lines got darker for me but never the same colour as the test line. they say if its lighter than the test line its a negative. so confused. hope u all hear some good news soon.
kb248998

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu May 29, 2014 4:41 am

Hi kb, welcome!!

4years!! Wow bless your heart!!! How many mg of clomid?? Were you not o-ing on your own? I use opks I used digis and dip sticks last month , I will this month if af finally decides to show stick to the ic dip sticks. Mine this last cycle never got to the color or darker than the control line and I did not o. Do you go in for a 21 day blood draw to find out if you o'd?? Did you o last cycle on clomid? Good luck this tww!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby xibinha » Thu May 29, 2014 10:19 am

Hi!!!

Mrs. S, I am an English teacher at university. What about you? As for bd, we ve decided that the best time for us is in the morning but still the worst thing is the pressure, it makes us feel like we have to do it even if we re not on the mood... Of course after "being forced" we can always have a good time :D

Welcome kb, I had exacty the same question about OPKs! I had my first one yesterday and got a faint line although it was first morning urine and I ve read you re not supposed to use it. today I took another one and was negative too but the line was quite dark, almost like the control line! Does that mean O is approaching or it could be just nothing...? I used the dip strips with the green LH. I am cd13, last month I O on cd 18.

What cd are you, Mrs.S? How many dpo?

Ckatta, any sign of AF? I hope you don t have o be in limbo for long, I know how frustrating that is!
xibinha

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu May 29, 2014 12:26 pm

Xi that's the perfect description of how bd-ing felt to us too. That pressure sometimes makes it harder. If the line is almost as dark as the control line it's quite possible o is approaching , maybe a few more days? Good luck and have fun ;)

Mrs. S, how are you doing? You go for progesterone testing tomorrow right??

Afm, no sign of af and I quit using opks, it was stressing me out seeing the same line stay the same color and never progress . Cd 35, I'm so ready to just start a fresh new cycle. I hope af decides to show up soon
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mrs.S. » Thu May 29, 2014 3:11 pm

Welcome KB! Glad to have you join us here. I am looking forward to hearing more about how your cycle goes! I think I might also be in the tww. I am not symptom spotting this month... have driven myself crazy doing this in the past.
I think I am about 6-7 dpo. I am going in for my (hopefully final) progesterone check tomorrow. I continued to use OPKs throughout my cycle (currently on CD39) and I didn't get a line darker than the control line until CD31. I actually had never gotten such a dark line on an OPK before. This cycle I was using the clear blue fertility monitor for awhile, but never got a peak reading. Around CD22, I decided not to waste any more of the expensive test sticks and go back to cheap CVS brand dip sticks. I tested 2x per day (first morning urine and then again in the afternoon around 3 or 4 pm).

Xi, I teach English and History to middle school students. I am looking forward to following you in your second cycle. I hope this one is a success for you!

Ckatta, I am sending you positive energy... I hope you can start a new cycle soon. I HATE waiting out long cycles, I always feel so hopeless and annoyed that I can't control that situation. Have you ever taken progesterone before to bring on af? I have a prescription for it but have never used it.
Mrs.S.
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri May 30, 2014 7:16 pm

Mrs.s keep us updated on your results, I hope you get some good numbers that come back!!

My cp is still high and soft, it usually drops down before AF but it doesn't look like she's coming anytime soon :( my ob just likes to wait everything out instead of being proactive so no I've not used anything to induce AF although I wish he would, waiting is driving me nuts. I stupidly even knowing I didn't o took a hpt and of course it was - and I knew it would be but with no AF I needed to see it just to verify it, I'm clearly nuts lol

How's everyone doing?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby xibinha » Sat May 31, 2014 3:47 pm

Ckatta, sorry to hear that. I totally get you, I've been there and it is frustrating not to do anything about it... I was for more than six months without any sign of af and just being told to wait... But in your case, if you want to start a new clomid cycle, you'll have to bring a period before, won't you? Have you asked your ob?

I'm cd 15 and last night and this morning I noticed EWCM! Last month that was a sign of O so I'm hoping it is again! But as usual, not trying to get my hopes up too soon
xibinha

PreviousNext

Return to Clomid and Femara