Clomid and Femara feedback please

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Clomid and Femara feedback please

Postby babydust530 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:42 am

Hi ladies,

I just had a doctor's follow-up appointment today and he told me that if in 2 months I'm still not getting a regular period he wants to give me provera to induce AF (which I took in August) and put me on either clomid or femara. I'm 30 years old and have been off the pill since January 2014. I've been actively trying to conceive since March 2014. My blood work was normal, except for small elevated testosterone. I had a small simple cyst on my left ovary in April, but my July ultrasound showed the cyst was gone.

I don't really like the idea of taking medication or adding anything artificial to my system (esp. after seeing how much birth control messed up my cycles), but then again I will do what it takes to get pregnant. I'm feeling very stressed and uncertain right now. I now I have to wait 2 months before the possibility of taking clomid or femara, but in the mean time I would really love to hear from the ladies that have taken either medication. What were the side effects? Success stories? Not so successful stories? I could really use some input from those that have been through this. Thank you!!
Me: 32
DH: 32
Our little girl is 17-months old (born Oct. 2015)
BFP on 4/5/17 (est. due date 12/18/17)
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Clomid and Femara feedback please

Postby Seanachai » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:12 pm

My doc started me on Clomid this month..I started taking it on the 1st of Oct. The following week I noticed I was a bit moody. Then, the day of/day after I got a positive ovulation test, pardon the bluntness, my breasts were swollen and I was totally nipping...contstantly. Still am and its borderline frustrating! I have read that its totally normal and that not all women have it happen, but holy cows!!! I'm hoping it tapers off soon. Apparently my doc forgot when she prescribed the meds because when I called her she said I was too far into my cycle to be ovulating and that I started the clomid too late (despite starting it the day she prescribed it...duh!) so this month was a wash as far as she was concerned. Hubby and I went for it regardless. No sense in wasting anything! Anyway, make sure you start it between day 3 and 5 of your cycle.

Good Luck!
Seanachai
Friend

Postby babydust530 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:02 pm

Thank you so much for your feedback. May I ask how long you've been ttc? Were you not ovulating on your own? Best of luck to you!
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MammaBear » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:31 pm

You may want to try Vitex/Fertilaid as a natural alternative while you wait. My first pregnancy screwed up my hormones, and after going off BC in June, my body was all over the place again. I just started Fertilaid (it says you can take it anytime in your cycle, it has all you need for a pre-natal as well), and I took it CD 26, and that night AF came (no cramps, which I had had, and my cycle had been 32 days). I feel good for the first time since before my son was born, AND, I finally got a detection with my OPKs and bbt temps that I ovulated. Great results for only a few weeks on it. Just a thought, everyone is different, but I at 5 months TTC so I thought why not (I am 36 so on waiting 1 year, only 6 months to discuss options with drs).
MammaBear

Postby babydust530 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:47 am

Hi mamabear, thank you for your feedback. I've thought a lot about trying natural approaches. In June I took vitext for a few weeks, but stopped because my doctor stated he "hadn't heard enough about it". DH is also more skeptical about natural remedies and would rather go a western medicine route. I'm still on the fence, and spoke to DH about in December if I'm still not ovulating trying natural supplements for a few months before starting clomid or femara.
Can I ask you a few questions about your regiment:
-what supplements are you taking? What is the dose?
-Are you still taking prenatal vitamins even though fertilaid has the pre-natals you need?
-Have you spoken about this with your doctor? If so, what was his/her opinion?
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Seanachai » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:23 pm

babydust530 wrote:Thank you so much for your feedback. May I ask how long you've been ttc? Were you not ovulating on your own? Best of luck to you!

We have been trying for about 14/15 months or so...since I had a mirena removed. I am assuming I was ovulating as I miscarried back in January. I just had polyps removed at the end of sept so I'm not sure if the mc was due to the polyps or if the mc triggered the polyps as my cycles had been completely clockwork until after the mc.
Seanachai
Friend

Postby babydust530 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:14 am

I've decided to try fertilaid. Just placed my order last night...hope it helps regulate my cycle and induce ovulation.
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust530 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:19 am

I have a quick question for you ladies: As I mentioned, last cycle I didn't get full AF- instead I had 6 days of brownish spotting. It was the kind of spotting where I needed to wear a pad, but def not full AF. My question is, I know you are not supposed to count spotting as CD1, but I had 6 days of it (same amount of days in my normal AF) and there was no AF afterward. Do you ladies think I should count these 6 days of spotting as AF? If so, today would be CD12- I just don't want to waste taking OPK if today is actually CD31.
babydust530
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Clomid and Femara