Anyone beginning Femara this week?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Anyone beginning Femara this week?

Postby MommaOf2boys » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:10 pm

Congrats!! I'm so happy to hear that.
MommaOf2boys

Postby TUA88481 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:50 pm

Thank you!!
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
TTC #1 since November 2014
Jan. 14th- Starting femera(letrozole) for PCOS and no ovulation
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/576889
TUA88481
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby shelley York » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:05 am

Did my first month on femara this month. I'm now on day 20.. go for my day 21 bloods test tomorrow to see if I ovulated and what levels my hormones are at. .
Be great to know if I did ovulate cos doesnt feel like I did x
shelley York

Postby TUA88481 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:26 am

Welcome Shelley! I got my bfp after my first cycle on Femara. I didn't ovulate until cd22, so if your blood work shows that you have not yet ovulated, that doesn't mean you're out for the cycle!! It could still happen a little later. Good luck tomorrow. Are you temping or using OPKs?
Me-25
DH-34
Married October 2014
TTC #1 since November 2014
Jan. 14th- Starting femera(letrozole) for PCOS and no ovulation
Feb. 12-BFP!!!

My chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/576889
TUA88481
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ctfm654 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:57 pm

I'm jumping in WAY late on here, but I have been silently following different threads on here since my wife and I have been ttc and it has given me encouragement and hope on this journey! Anyway, as I was on here tonight I decided to share my story in hopes to have some of you to walk along this journey with, as I feel that we are finally getting somewhere. So, here's my story! I just started letrozole (Femara) tonight for the first time. This is my wife and my 5th time trying to conceive with donor sperm and IUI. My gyn recommended seeing a f/s after the first four did not work. So, after seeing the f/s we found out I have pcos, and I was put on metformin for three months. This is our first try after the metformin and a round of Femara. (Did anyone have any side effects with the Femara?) I will be on Femara now (cd 3) through Tue (cd 7) then have an appt with the f/s to look at my follicles on cycle day 11 and see when we'll be ready for IUI. I've read a lot of first time success stories with Femara, so I'm hopeful for the same with the help of a new amazing f/s, and some real guidance. Thank you all at least for listening! Baby dust and sticky beans for all of you that are in the same stage as I am or whom I've read have gotten their BFP's!!! Congratulations!! :)
ctfm654

Postby An0514 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:25 pm

Hi ctfm! I got my first BFP on my 2nd cycle of Femara, and was also diagnosed with PCOS (but not going on Metformin). It really helped regulate my cycles. First round was 5mcg then 7.5mcg. Sadly that pregnancy is about to come to an end but my doc says it's unrelated to the Femara. The only side effects I had were headaches, but they weren't so bad it affected my life in any way or had to take medication. After my period starts again in a month or so hopefully I will start back on Femara so I'll be a little more active on the boards. Good luck!
ME: 29, DH: 29
TTC #1 since May 2014
BFP 2/14/15 (Femara), m/c 3/12/15
CP 8/2015 (Femara)
5 failed IUIs with Femara and Follistim
IVF starting May 2016!
An0514
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby MommaOf2boys » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:58 am

Good luck with this new journey you're beginning! I don't have personal experience with what you're going through but I did take Femara for a short luteal phase and it was successful the first time. I didn't have any side effects while taking Femara but I did break out a little after I finished the round, nothing crazy though. I wasn't monitored while on Femara, just after I got my BFP. Again, good luck and keep us posted!
MommaOf2boys

Previous

Return to Clomid and Femara