First Round of Clomid Success?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First Round of Clomid Success?

Postby Crroy89 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:04 pm

Hello! I was wondering if anyone had a BFP success story on their first round of clomid? I will be starting mine (50mg) as soon as AF decides to show up. My ob/gyn told me it typically doesn't work on the first try but there's always hope. Just wondering if anyone had such luck and could give me a little encouragement!!!
Crroy89
Friend

Re: First Round of Clomid Success?

Postby Pips » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:53 pm

Hi! I'm not sure exactly what BFP stands for lol. I'm very new to these forums.

I have had 2 misscarriges in the last year, Both around 9 weeks. I'm 37 years old. I had trouble getting pregnant since this last misscarrige so my doc prescribed me clomid 50mg.
I started the pills on December 24th for 5 days (between days 3-7) this was the first time I've ever taken it. And my period was due today and it didn't come and I took a HPT and it's positive! So it worked the FIRST round!!! I'm sure I'll just have another MC..... But at least the clomid worked.

The clomid was hell though!
Pips
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:54 pm

That's great pips! How far along are you now. Do you know what cycle day you tested positive on? Are you taking anything like progesterone or baby aspirin to possibly help avoid a mc? Ive also had a mc recently but my doctor says I'm very prone to them so I'm so nervous about it taking so long to conceive just to lose it.
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby cuphalffull » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:03 am

I just got my bfp on Clomid! I did not ovulate on 50mg, so they had me do 100mg right away on day 21 (no waiting for AF) and I got my bfp two days ago! Good luck! It can happen!
Me: 31, overweight, AMH 2.2, FSH 2.3, no PCOS or diabetes
DH: 31
DD:5 (4/30/09) Conceived 1st month trying!
Trying for #2 since February 2014
November Clomid 50mg-no Ovulation by day 21 confirmed by Progesterone .38
immediately took 100mg Clomid for 5
days, confirmed ovulation!
BFP January 26
Brynn Catherine
Born September 24, 2015

My Ovulation Chart
cuphalffull
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Pips » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:19 pm

Jzscott wrote:That's great pips! How far along are you now. Do you know what cycle day you tested positive on? Are you taking anything like progesterone or baby aspirin to possibly help avoid a mc? Ive also had a mc recently but my doctor says I'm very prone to them so I'm so nervous about it taking so long to conceive just to lose it.

My period was due yesterday so I'm not far along lol! My cycle is 28 days and I tested postive on day 28 the day before my period was due.
And yes my doctor put me on baby asprin I've been on it for a couple months. And my doctor also told me to start prometrium 200mg a day the moment I found out I was pregnant. I have to use it vaginally before bed. So I started that yesterday...

I'm hoping this time works. It is very heartbreaking to try for so long and just keep having MCs.

Although I have like no pregnancy symptoms anymore they dissapeared 2 days ago but I am so so so early so I hope that's why.

I'm also a little nervous about taking the prometrium 200mg but I have to trust my doctor.
Pips
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:39 am

I hope it works for you and you don't miscarry! My fingers are crossed for you. It's been a few days since you posted so I'm hoping you still have good news. Will you be getting an ultrasound anytime soon or have you had any betas?
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Clomid and Femara