Looking for Clomid buddies... I started first tablet today :

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Looking for Clomid buddies... I started first tablet today :

Postby 5yearwish » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi all,
After 5 years of TTC it is now so exciting to be starting something new to try to help... I'm suddenly feeling quite positive and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens!

Is there anyone else on Clomid? Anyone recently started (ie round 1,2 or 3)?

I've literally started today! Been given 3 cycles worth and if it doesn't work (fingers crossed it does!) then we are going back for IUI in April x
5yearwish

Re: Looking for Clomid buddies... I started first tablet tod

Postby Jzscott » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:34 pm

I'm not quite there yet but I start Clomid in two days on cycle days 5-9.
We've been TTC for over a year with one mc. This is my first time taking Clomid. My period was induced by provera. I will actually be taking Clomid and provera at the same time for about 4 days because my period came after just two days on provera. Fingers crossed for both of us that we will get our BFP in February! What cycle days are you taking Clomid?
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby margaret61378 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:47 am

Hi! I started Clomid on Sat (24th) on CD 3-7. Been trying for 2.5 years. This is our first try with clomid. I'm not having any side effects yet but I don't know what to expect. Hopefully I won't have any.
margaret61378
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:01 am

I hope it works for you on your first try! I start clomid on the 28th and I'm nervous and excited. Will you be monitored or are you just going to take clomid and see how it goes?
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby margaret61378 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:32 am

I'm using a fertility clinic- so monitored the whole time. Using Ovidrel to force ovulation and then progesterone after that until BFN or keep on it if BFP. I'm 36 with PCOS and HypoThyroid.
margaret61378
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:35 am

Wow that sounds promising! Good luck! I hope to see your bfp in the near future.
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Meg* » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:38 pm

Hi there, I am new to this too. I started clomid for the first time early January after a year of trying. Just had the phone call that this time it is a BFN. I did early tests myself and for 2 days I got faint positives. The first one was darker than the second and the third test was clearly a negative so I knew what was coming but still disappointed. Oh well keep trying. On the upside I did ovulate and really early on. I have PCOS and my cycles range from 35 to 55 days without clomid. I didn't really get any side effects - quite moody but that could just be stress. Looking forward to hearing everyone's stories.
Meg*
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jzscott » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:23 am

Hi Meg. I'm sorry you got a bfn. I just started clomid. So far I haven't felt any side effects. My cycles are anywhere from 45-100 but average in the 60s. I hope I ovulate this cycle, early on, and get a bfp. Will you be using clomid again?
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Meg* » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:32 am

Thanks Jzscott. Yes I am keen to keep trying. The shorter cycle was quite a relief and to have the certainty of when I ovulated. I am going in for internal scans so they can check that there is a dominant follicle and then I had a trigger injection. It was weird injecting myself at first but ok now I know what to expect, doesn't hurt much at all really.
Meg*
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Meg* » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:33 am

Good luck Jzscott, keep us posted.
Meg*
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jzscott » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:34 pm

Are injections covered with your insurance or is this all out of pocket? Are you seeing an RE or OB? I'm supposed to be monitored with labs and ultrasounds this cycle but I'm leaving tomorrow until Monday and my next lab is supposed to be on Monday. I was told I have to do it on specific days and can't do them even 1 day later/earlier or else test results are invalid and have to be started again. I've left my appointments as is and if we happen to find an earlier flight home I'll definitely take it so I can make my lab appointment. Our flight is supposed to get in at 3:30 and my appointment is at 4:45. But the airport is over an hour away and it takes time to get off the plane and get to your car, etc. I've come to terms with not being monitored this cycle, even though I was so excited. I just can't get myself to cancel my appointment until I'mm 100% sure I won't be able to make it. I need to cancel with 24 hours notice.

Anyway, I'm glad injections aren't painful. Were your follicles looking pretty good?
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Meg* » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:10 pm

I think I am going to have the same issue, we are going away next weekend and that is like to clash when my scan is due. At my clinic they do let you move it a day or two earlier or later if needed. We are told to get there as early as possible 6.50am and put your name on a list - no scheduled appointments as such. Are you having blood tests or scans? I had one big follicle others were all tiny.
Meg*
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jzscott » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:35 pm

I'm supposed to be having blood work. Apparently it's some test to see if my ovaries are responding to the clomid, if at all, and that's why they can't move any of the days. I have a scan scheduled for February 9. I wonder if they'll still do it if I've missed my lab. At least I'll be able to see if I have any good follicles if they let me come in. Where are you going?
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Meg* » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:00 am

I am with concept fertility. I take 50mg day 3 to 7 and then get a scan on day 9. If there is a big enough follicle I inject the trigger that day or return for a scan 2 days later if follicles aren't big enough. Then a blood test 16 days ffrom the trigger. I am in Australia, who are you with? I get some of my treatment back from insurance but not all of it.
Meg*
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby margaret61378 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:55 am

Well- I made it through the clomid with no side effects! Yay!. I go Monday for bloodwork and U/S (CD12) to start the timing of when I will do my Ovidrel trigger. So glad to hear the injections aren't too bad.
margaret61378
Friend

Next

Return to Clomid and Femara