Clomid question

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Clomid question

Postby Rexysmommy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:31 pm

Posted this on my blog but thought I might get some more opinions here.. this past Wednesday was CD 12 after taking clomid days 5-9. My dr (and several Google searchs lol) told me that I could start using OPKs on day 12. Went out and got a 20 ct clear blue digital on day 11 and to my surprise on day 12 I got a smiley face! I was happy and disappointed at the same time cuz those puppies aren't cheap! Lol so I've been testing the last couple days becaus I was curious and just couldn't help myself. So tonight, CD 15, DH wanted to see how it worked so I demonstrated it for him because we have so many left over and got another smiley! So my question is could the first one be a false positive because of clomid even though it was three days after my last pill? I was also thinking I could have caught my surge on the way up but how would I be surging for 4 days?
Rexysmommy
Friend

Re: Clomid question

Postby Jzscott » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi, I've also just used Clomid days 5-9. I'm now cycle day 11 and used my first OPK (cheap wondfo) and the line was very dark, almost positive. Like you, I'm very confused. I figured the line would be very light if non existent. I'm sorry I don't know how to answer with the digital tests because I haven't used thrm but I'd like to hope, for both of us, that this means the Clomid is working and we are in fact ovulating. Have you heard of Clomid giving false positives on opks?
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rexysmommy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:44 pm

I've read that taking an OPK before three days after your last pill can give a false positive so my dr told me to start testing on day 12. Your day 11 positive could be false. After looking at my chart a bit more, I'm going to say that my day 12 one was either a false positive or I caught my surge very early on. I am thinking that this round actually worked and think I ovulated this time!! Yayy! :) good luck to you this cycle! I hope clomid works for you too! Did you have any side effects from it??
Rexysmommy
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:43 pm

I hope it did work for you! I tested again this morning and it was about as dark as it was last night. I almost couldn't tell the difference. I never felt any side effects of clomid. Last night I was very hot when sleeping and it kept me awake. Clomid is known for hot flashes so I'm wondering if that's why but it had been two days since my last pill so I don't know. Did you have any?
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LisaTTC » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:00 am

I've had 6 cycles of clomid. 3 before mc and 3 since. I never had any hot flashes. You know how symptoms are...some people experience some and others don't. Who knows!

I am kind of just looking around the boards today. I wish I had something more to offer about the OPKs, but I still haven't used them. Like you said Rexysmommy, they do get pricey!

Me: 38 (Lisa)
Hubby: 43 (Bill)
DSS: 4 (Carson)

TTC#1 since sept 2013
BFP #1 ended in D&C after no heartbeat found at 9.5 weeks on 6/23/14 (my birthday)
Currently on Clomid 100mg on days 4-8
Adding progesterone supplements after O starting March 2015. 200mg - 2xday

4/13/15 - Second blood draw shows drop in hcg - CP
5/20/15 - hcg <2 - CP#2

starting acupuncture 5/21/15!

If we've connected on here, feel free to add me on FB at https://www.facebook.com/lisakfish
Be sure to send a private message, too...bc I won't accept the request if I don't know who you are.
LisaTTC
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rexysmommy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:06 pm

I mainly just got hot flashes this round. Last round I took it right before I went to sleep and had no side effects besides being a little more moody. This round I stayed up for a while after I took it, DH was on vacation from work so we stayed up pretty late. I'm wondering if that's why I noticed the hot flashes this cycle.
Rexysmommy
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:11 am

That could be why you noticed it. I had it for just one day two days after my last pill but I don't really know if clomid is to blame or if I was just randomly hot for some reason. I'm CD 13 today and for the past two days I've been extremely tired. I've had random cramping on my left side and my lower back is noticeably sore. I'd think maybe I was close to ovulation but I feel like it's too early. I've never had a 28 day cycle and if I ovulate tomorow or even a few days after it would be a miracle. I'm still doing opks once in the morning and once in the evening and I'm not noticing any changes. Although they have gotten lighter since my very dark opk only two days after clomid.
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rexysmommy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:16 pm

I decided to use digital tests this month since I messed up last month and used fmu. I'm pretty sure I ovulated on Monday which was cd 17. Unfortunately DH and I thought I ovulated last Friday so we didn't bd on Monday :( hopefully we still made a little bean though! I'm going to test on Valentine's day which will be 12 dpo
Rexysmommy
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:13 pm

Good luck! That would be a great Valentine's day present!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Clomid and Femara