TTC 2 years, next fertility appt 24.2.15

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC 2 years, next fertility appt 24.2.15

Postby Alicetatts » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:18 pm

Iv been stalking these pages for a couple of days decideing if i should do a post and didnt quite know what to put, but everybody seems so supportive so im just going to do it!

Myself and DH married in aug 2012 and i had my contraceptive implant taken out in in Feb 13 after having it for 4 years.

We agreed that we would let nature take its course but after a year and it still haddent happend we made an Appt with out GP, he refered us for a gyne appt, i had some blood work done, a HSG and an ultrasound and DH had SA, eveything came back fine appart from my blood showed that i did not ovulate.

We where told that if i lost some weight that it would help, we were told that we would have another appt in 6 months and it has finally come around and it is on the 24th of this month, i have since started loosing weight in jan and i have so far lost 10.5lb and hope to carry on.

At our last appt we where told that we would be able to try Clomid tablets to help regulate my O and help us to concive,

so in the grand scheme of things we are relitivly at the start of our journy.

I was looking for some people who have had experiaces on clomid and any advice would be appreciated

Babydust to all
Alicetatts
Friend

Re: TTC 2 years, next fertility appt 24.2.15

Postby Jzscott » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi Alice and welcome!

First of all, I'm sorry that it's been somewhat of a struggle to conceive. We spend so much of our time trying NOT to conceive and when it finally comes time to have the baby we want, it seems like it takes a lifetime.

Congratulations on losing some weight! I hope it is able to help you in your ttc journey.

I took 50 mg of Clomid on days 5-9 of my cycle. I'm currently on CD 19 and I got a positive ovulation test this morning. Although I still don't know if/when I'll ovulate because OPK's can detect a surge but sometimes that surge doesn't release an egg. I have blood work scheduled for this Friday (CD 21) to test my progesterone. I'm hoping it confirms ovulation and I can move into the two week wait with some hope that we conceived.

Good luck starting Clomid! Do you have any idea when you'll start? Do you have regular cycles?
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alicetatts » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:43 pm

Hi! Thank you for your reply,

It really does seem to take a life time! When your younger you always think it will be so easy when you want to get pregnant that you take it for granted!

On our last appt they said at our next one we could discuss clomid and our options so I'm hoping soon! When I had my implant out I had regular periods for about 6 months and then they have been irregular since! Except this month where it was 27days! The most regular iv had in a while! Here's hopeing the weight loss is helping!

I work as a phlebotomist and see pregnant ladies every day and I long for the day I get my bfp!

Is this your first cycle of clomid? Have you Experianced Any side effects?

X
Alicetatts
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:29 pm

27 days! That's awesome. I've never had a cycle that short. I hope you're able to start clomid! It's not very fun seeing pregnant women all the time when you can't have one yourself. But we will one day have a little baby of our own. And who knows, maybe they've had just as much trouble as us with conceiving. This was my first cycle. If I don't ovulate this round I will go up to 100mg, then 150. After a third round if it still hasn't worked my doctor says he will refer me to an RE. I didnt notice any side effects, except, I don't know if I should blame clomid, but I get quite a few breakouts.
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Alicetatts » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:44 pm

That's really good for me! The longest was around three months! I had my weigh in tonight and iv lost another 4.5lb so that's just over a stone so far! I honestly think that has something to do with it!

We and DH have got all our fingers and toes crossed for clomid!

A lot of my pregnant ladies I bleed have conceved via IVF etc so it gives me hope.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for this cycle please let me know how it goes... Sending you lots of baby dust for your TWW!

X
Alicetatts
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:14 pm

Wow! Good job losing even more weight. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you as well. It seems like these boards have a little role going on with the BFP's. I think I've seen 4 or 5 BFP's in the last couple weeks. I hope you're one of them. have a good weekend!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Clomid and Femara