First time clomid user... seeking advice.

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First time clomid user... seeking advice.

Postby AshleeNB » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:53 pm

Diagnosed with PCOS on Feb 18th 2015.
Not feeling the greatest or most cheerful. I ordered wondfo opks and a themometer and downloaded fertility friend to start charting on CD 10 after taking clomid.
I'm currently 22 and stable income good career a house everything else has fallen into place and just feeling really down cause the one thing I want the most is the most seemingly impossible! So this is my current situation just wanting some imput.

I am currently taking metformin 500mg twice a day started Feb 20th.

vitex 2 a day started that in late February Also

Started in late october B6. B12. Folic acid. Prenatal vitiamns. Women's once a day Complete.

I also started taking the provera on Feb 18th just finished my 10 days. Started af on Feb 28th. Starting clomid 100MG for 5 days. CD 3-7. I'm on CD 2 so tomorrow will start the clomid for my first round. My af has never been regular though. My testosterone was a high 77 though so they said it might take 2-3 months before any real results.

So I guess I'm looking for some wishful thinking and positive hope.
Im Ashlee - 22 D.O.B. Jan 17th

My DH Justin - 30. D.O.B. April 13th

Diagnosed with PCOS Feb 18th 2015

TTC since Oct 2013. Just started charting March 2015 takin temps and doing opks to find O day.
1st round of clomid March 2015
AshleeNB
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: First time clomid user... seeking advice.

Postby katwatkins » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:49 pm

Hello!

I have just finished my 4th month of clomid.

The side effects have been interesting, hot flashes, mood swings, headaches, leg pain, short patience, also feelings of not wanting to talk to people. This is not my normal disposition, I am a very happy go lucky person. I think this whole process have taken its toll on me.

So this week is the week we should be getting busy, I am really hoping that this month will be successful!

How are you feeling?
katwatkins
Friend

Postby LisaTTC » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:59 pm

ladies, I was on clomid with my first BFP..took it for 3 months before the +
After my MC, I started again on clomid after I was allowed to try again (took a few months to even get a period, then had to wait 2 cycles)...started on 50...now am on 3rd cycle of 100. Some people have symptoms and some do not. I'm one of those "do not" people. it just feels like anything else to me.
Ashlee, I'm curious about your vitamins. Are you taking prenatal AND women's one a day? They probably both contain the same thing. You might be over-doing it. I just take the one a day because the women's version still had high levels of folate or folic acid (which is really why the prenatal option is there). I was told to supplement with calcium. taking too many water soluble vitamins is fine...you just pee out the rest (you probably have super yellow/almost fluorescent colored pee, right?). However fat-soluble will store in your liver and kidneys...potentially toxic. Even taking additional folic acid can be bad. Look at everything you take...and take some of it out if you are exceeding the UL (upper limits). Here's a good chart for the basics: http://www.cengage.com/nutrition/discip ... 86-7_C.pdf

Here's a chart

Me: 38 (Lisa)
Hubby: 43 (Bill)
DSS: 4 (Carson)

TTC#1 since sept 2013
BFP #1 ended in D&C after no heartbeat found at 9.5 weeks on 6/23/14 (my birthday)
Currently on Clomid 100mg on days 4-8
Adding progesterone supplements after O starting March 2015. 200mg - 2xday

4/13/15 - Second blood draw shows drop in hcg - CP
5/20/15 - hcg <2 - CP#2

starting acupuncture 5/21/15!

If we've connected on here, feel free to add me on FB at https://www.facebook.com/lisakfish
Be sure to send a private message, too...bc I won't accept the request if I don't know who you are.
LisaTTC
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AshleeNB » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:18 pm

Kat - tonight is my first use of clomid getting ready to take it with my nightly stuff. So I will not know for sure for a couple of days at least I think. I'm hoping it won't have many side effects considering I am fairly busy this week and don't want to accidently snap on someone or feel like crap. I hope this is your lucky month! Baby dust sent tour way maam!

Lisa - my doctor never said anything about it being bad or not but my husband and I were doing some research and I'm going to cut out the extra Folic acid and the multivitamin one a days. Will see what that does. Also u never know if the doctor fully reads that huge fertility packet we fill out. :-/ thank u for pointing it out. I was just so consumed with the thought of conceiving that I went on everything everyone recommended.. not my brightest moment! I'm also sorry about your loss. Was It due to anything specific? If u don't mind. Was the clomid the cause of the BFP to start with?

Any positive results on first try? From friends or family or other stuff ya'll have read?

TTC since Oct 2013. Just started charting March 2015 takin temps and doing opks to find O day.
AshleeNB
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jzscott » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi Ashley, it looks like you've set yourself up for success this month! I really hope the opks and temping work for you. I do not know of any statistics for Clomid working on the first try but don't be discouraged if it doesn't happen! I'm not saying it won't though! But I've read a lot of statistics having positibe results by the 3rd round! Also, a lot of women who have gotten a BFP with Clomid ovulated late so don't give up if you've passed the "normal" ovulation time frame.

I'm about to start my 3rd round of Clomid. My first round I also tooK provera to kickstart my period. I got a positive OPK on cd 19. My cd 21 progesterone was only a 2 which meant I didn't ovulate. My doctor had me start my 2nd round of Clomid right away without waiting for my period to show. Four days after the last pill, while waiting to ovulate, I actually got my period, so here I am on round 3 at 100mg cd 5-9. I'll be doing opks but not temping. I also take Metformin (1500mg), prenatals, baby aspirin and I will take evening primrose oil up until I receive a positive OPK. I didnt get any symptoms from Clomid that I noticed.

I did have one pregnancy that was conceived naturally after over a year of TTC but ended in miscarriage.
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AshleeNB » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:42 pm

Jz - Thank you! I'm going to be frank on this. I really don't have a lot of hope for this first time since the doc said he doesn't think I've od in awhile So it might take a 2nd or 3rd round. I wasn't having periods for awhile and to be honest I could stand to lose another 30 lbs. I've lost 30 since Nov 2014 And continue to try. I know there is never a quick fix for anything I just want to try my hardest and do the best I can. Some times u just wish it would happen quicker than it is. So I'm going to take it a step further from now on with the temps and opks. Try to keep my chin up and hope for the best outcomes possible for me and for everyone else trying.

I feel bad for my DH cause we both want it so bad and he doesn't get frustrated like I do ( or at least doesn't show it) and is always positive about it. I know it hurts h seeing me go through this and we talk about it all the tIme. I'm usually the one that puts up walls cause I get so emotional everytime. just wish sometimes it could be easier or a way to make it hurt less emotionally. It gets so bad sometimes especially when Co workers or friends and family are talking about ( or when I see ) their kids..just sucks. I am so glad we have a place where we can talk and get some of it off our chest with people who understand what it feels like and are going through the same thing.

Just wishful thinking and good timing is what it will boil down to.

AshleeNB
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jzscott » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:02 am

I'm sorry Ashlee, I spelled your name with a Y on my last post. I'm glad you've lost some weight and it has helped. It can be very stressful for couples when you feel like you're doing everything and it's not working. I hope that you'll get a bfp soon and clomid will work for you
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AshleeNB » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:43 am

It sounds like you got your ducks in a row for this round of clomid 3rd times a charm right?!? I wish u the best of luck this rouNd. Also it's ok that u spelt my name wrong im very use to it. :-) I hope you have your BFP this round! :hugs:

AshleeNB
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LisaTTC » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:59 am

Jessica! Great to see you. I've missed you!
Ashlee, Congrats on the weight loss! I wish I could lose weight...but I go to the gym and NOTHING. I have a degree in exercise science, too...so I'm not an idiot about knowing what exercises/amounts will burn calories and fat! It's annoying. I actually haven't been to the gym now in 2 weeks because I got so frustrated. I def need to return. How did you lose yours? I feel like I can't go on any weird diets because I'm ttc and I want my diet to be as healthy as possible.
Best of luck on the first round...will they be monitoring on CD 3 and CD 21 to check levels?

Me: 38 (Lisa)
Hubby: 43 (Bill)
DSS: 4 (Carson)

TTC#1 since sept 2013
BFP #1 ended in D&C after no heartbeat found at 9.5 weeks on 6/23/14 (my birthday)
Currently on Clomid 100mg on days 4-8
Adding progesterone supplements after O starting March 2015. 200mg - 2xday

4/13/15 - Second blood draw shows drop in hcg - CP
5/20/15 - hcg <2 - CP#2

starting acupuncture 5/21/15!

If we've connected on here, feel free to add me on FB at https://www.facebook.com/lisakfish
Be sure to send a private message, too...bc I won't accept the request if I don't know who you are.
LisaTTC
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jzscott » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:22 am

I'm glad you didn't mind Ashlee! Thanks for the positivity. I could use it! It's getting a little difficult to keep it all together.

Hi Lisa! I've missed you too!! I hope you're doing well! I'd love to lose like 20-30 pounds I just, like you, don't want to do too much out of the ordinary while ttc and I want to be healthy about it.
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katwatkins » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:24 am

Ladies, it is so nice to read and talk about my experiences.
my friends/family and husband are amazing but sometimes I do feel like a burden to them. I feel like they are scared to ask how it's going in case I start to cry (which I do frequently)
it is so much pressure and so emotionally draining. I am disappointed every time I get my period and then the thought of having to take the Clomid brings its own worries and concerns! I have positive feelings for all of us!

It's certainly not like the movies!
Ha! I remember thinking that during my tube check!
katwatkins
Friend

Postby AshleeNB » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:27 am

thanks! We'll I was at 300lbs. And decided that I never wanted to weigh that much ever again. So I cut 3/4 of the carbs and 3/4 of the sugar intake and uped my water intake to 7-8 16oz bottles a day. Didn't do any excerise besides daily work. I was a manager of a 24 hr diner. I recently switched to part time server at a different place and a supervisor of a retail store. I've slowed down a lot on how much I'm losing but as soon as I can get a rythm and then hubby and I are gonna start walking with are fur babies every afternoon. 4 yr old chihuahua and 6 month old pitbull. Also waiting on it to not be freezing cold lol My goal by July is to be down to 240 so another 30 lbs. I just don't make unrealistic goals for myself either and it makes It a lot easier to follow. :-)

AshleeNB
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jzscott » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:38 pm

Hi Kat! It surely is a struggle, especially when others don't really understand what is going on. Like you, I can become a little cry baby at the littlest of things. Only I cry in front of my husband and this makes him feel bad and stresses him out. It certainly isn't like the movies or TV, where a 40 year old accidentally gets pregnant with triplets... Anyway, I really hope this month of clomid works for you and those yucky symptoms go away!

Wow Ashlee! You really cut out a lot! That takes a lot of effort and dedication! I'm very impressed. Walking your dogs sounds like a great idea to help lose some more weight. I definitely think you can reach your goal. :)
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AshleeNB » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:00 am

How is everyone today? Hope we are all doing well ! I am excited because my opks show up today and now I just gotta wait for the right time so I can start that lol how's everyone else?

AshleeNB
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby katwatkins » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:50 pm

Hi!
Question....what are opks?
katwatkins
Friend

Next

Return to Clomid and Femara