First time clomid user... seeking advice.

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: First time clomid user... seeking advice.

Postby AshleeNB » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:29 pm

Ovulation predictor kits. my fertility doc doesn't think I've been o'ING and so forth so I bought a 50 pack to test non stop everyday till I either have another appointment or af lol
Im Ashlee - 22 D.O.B. Jan 17th

My DH Justin - 30. D.O.B. April 13th

Diagnosed with PCOS Feb 18th 2015

TTC since Oct 2013. Just started charting March 2015 takin temps and doing opks to find O day.
1st round of clomid March 2015
AshleeNB
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jzscott » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:43 pm

I used OPK's my last cycle and I got a positive on CD 19 and AF came 16 days later, either meaning I ovulated 2 days after my positive or I just have a long LP. Even though my doctor said I didn't ovulate I don't think I would have gotten af had I not, so I'm saying I did!

I have about 24 opk's left from my pack of 50 so I need to use them wisely this next cycle. Started clomid again today and I'll start using OPK's in about a week. I hope this is the lucky month! I feel a december baby. Hopefully it's a good month for you ladies as well!
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AshleeNB » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:15 pm

Jz - that's odd. I wonder what happened. Well I was going to get my opks today but the delivery truck crashed due to weather out here. So I feel bad about that. It's ok though I don't need them till CD 10 and I'm only on CD 5 so we have a couple days. Plenty going on to keep my mind busy.... hopefully! I will be happy with any month my baby is born when the time comes, I just want it to hurry up and be my turn! Lol I know plenty of other people feel that way though.

TTC since Oct 2013. Just started charting March 2015 takin temps and doing opks to find O day.
AshleeNB
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LisaTTC » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:50 am

jessica, it's common to O anywhere from 12-72 hours after a +opk... But a long luteal isn't exactly a bad thing. What CD are you on now?

Ashlee...so you're on day 3 of clomid...how do you feel so far? Have you started charting? I saw you say something about starting on day 10...wondering why you're waiting.

I think as I learn more (than I ever thought I would want to know) about this ttc thing...I get more hopeful each month when I see the great signs. But on the other side of that, I think I get just a little more sad each time AF comes. It's a strange position.

FX for BFPs all around this month!

Me: 38 (Lisa)
Hubby: 43 (Bill)
DSS: 4 (Carson)

TTC#1 since sept 2013
BFP #1 ended in D&C after no heartbeat found at 9.5 weeks on 6/23/14 (my birthday)
Currently on Clomid 100mg on days 4-8
Adding progesterone supplements after O starting March 2015. 200mg - 2xday

4/13/15 - Second blood draw shows drop in hcg - CP
5/20/15 - hcg <2 - CP#2

starting acupuncture 5/21/15!

If we've connected on here, feel free to add me on FB at https://www.facebook.com/lisakfish
Be sure to send a private message, too...bc I won't accept the request if I don't know who you are.
LisaTTC
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AshleeNB » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:08 am

Lisa - I am waiting to start opks on CD 10 cause you are suppose to wait 2-3 days after clomid before you startvtesting. My temps I was going to start yesterday BUT the FedEx truck wrecked due to bad weather so I didn't get my thermometer and stuff yesterday. I am waiting on that because I live in a semi small town and I work weird hours so no where to really get one when I can. So I'm waiting on the one a ordered.

On clomid- just moody And tossing and turning but I'm not sure if the tossing and turning is due to something else. Mood is just kind of a little more up or a little more down then usual. Other than that I feel great.

AshleeNB
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jzscott » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:05 am

Lisa, I'm CD 8 today. Last clomid pill is tomorrow. I'm thinking of getting so digital opk's just to verify if I think I've gotten a positive on a line, but would it be inaccurate because you have to use them first to get your baseline in order for it to notice your peak? I don't know... I also get more and more hopeful, but get so disappointed when it doesn't work out. It's not an easy process.

Ashlee, I hope you've gotten your monitor by now! I'm glad you're not feeling too many clomid side effects! Maybe we will ovulate at the same time!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katwatkins » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:17 am

Emma- so pleased you are feeling good with no side effects.

I have used the opks in the past, I would hate to think how much I have spent on them and pregnancy tests.
I have had the arrange a blood test for CD21 just to check that that my progesterone levels are still high, it was like trying to get blood from a stone my consultant Secretary made it so hard and made me feel like I was asking for something outrageous!

So my two week wait begins.....after using the opk I probably/hopefully ovulated Tue-fri
katwatkins
Friend

Postby katwatkins » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:19 am

Sorry I didn't mean to write Emma! Have no idea where that came from! I meant Ashlee
katwatkins
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:05 am

Kat, sorry it was such a hassle getting your blood drawn. I don't know why doctors don't seem to want to give patients what they ask for. Hopefully you did ovulate! Good luck in your tww. I hope to see your bfp pretty soon :)
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AshleeNB » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:35 am

Hope everyone is doing OK still. I have been temping and started my opks. It's kind of a hassle remembering to take them half way through the day Exspecially at work.

Sorry about your hassle of getting your blood work done I'm hoping that next month I'll be able to go and get caught up on some labs and see what happened with blood work.

We'll good luck ladies. Sorry I haven't really been around!

AshleeNB
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jzscott » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:41 am

Hey Ashlee! I hope opks and temping help you find your O day! It is hard to remember to take them. This morning I woke up having to pee SO bad and almost rushed to the bathroom but then I remembered I wanted to use an opk with fmu. I know they say fmu isn't the best but I get up at relatively the same time every morning and it seems to be the most accurate time to get a reading. And then I do it again after work, about 6-8pm.

I can't wait to see some more bfps! I feel like these boards have been very lucky the last couple months. I've seen so many people getting pregnant and I hope we are next!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AshleeNB » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:44 pm

Yeah I think I might just try and do that to see what happens. Sometimes I think I just let myself get carried away in this stuff and forget that the stress isnt good either! Lol double edged sword. I hope they are lucky this month.. so many people that suffer from this while other people have no respect for how easy it is for them.

AshleeNB
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jzscott » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:51 pm

I think all the time about the girls that get pregnant accidentally and think about abortion or adoption and then all the ladies that can't get pregnant and would give anything to become! I wish people that didn't want to get pregnant didn't and people who did would. But life is not that easy. :(
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katwatkins » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:41 pm

Advice needed:

A very good friend of mine is having a baby and she is having a baby shower next weekend. It's like a cruel joke sometimes as that is the weeks I am due to have my period (unless this month has worked)
I am very aware that if I get my period I will then start my Clomid. I am frightened, frightened that I will lose control of my emotions and lose the plot. I want to be a good friend. I think I need a slap and suck it up. I think of all the questions that will be asked and I feel sick.
anyone have any stories to share?
katwatkins
Friend

Postby LisaTTC » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:16 pm

Kat...I don't have side effects from clomid, so I probably am not the best person to give advice. Power through...you know you need to be there for your friend's day. If there are questions, just say as much as you want...but it's ok to change the subject, too.
Fx this month works and this is a moot point.

Me: 38 (Lisa)
Hubby: 43 (Bill)
DSS: 4 (Carson)

TTC#1 since sept 2013
BFP #1 ended in D&C after no heartbeat found at 9.5 weeks on 6/23/14 (my birthday)
Currently on Clomid 100mg on days 4-8
Adding progesterone supplements after O starting March 2015. 200mg - 2xday

4/13/15 - Second blood draw shows drop in hcg - CP
5/20/15 - hcg <2 - CP#2

starting acupuncture 5/21/15!

If we've connected on here, feel free to add me on FB at https://www.facebook.com/lisakfish
Be sure to send a private message, too...bc I won't accept the request if I don't know who you are.
LisaTTC
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Clomid and Femara