Unsure if I should Continue Clomid

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Unsure if I should Continue Clomid

Postby MrsKTaylor » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:34 am

Hello Everyone!!

This is my first time posting. I am so grateful for the stories and information that is shared on this website. I am 28 years old and I am currently on Day 2 of my Clomid. I have been doing a lot of research on canceled cycles due to overstimming from Clomid. I am in a same sex marriage so I have never had any diagnosis of infertility being that I have never tried to become pregnant. This is my first time going through the IUI process. We have been waiting for this for years. We purchased our donor sperm in 2012 and it has been in storage since. I am so nervous and do not want to end up disappointed due to a canceled cycle. Therefore, I have considered stopping the Clomid being that it is possible that I may be able to produce naturally. I have taken 2 pills each day for 2 days. I have 3 more days to take them if I were to continue. My mid-cycle scan is scheduled for March 23 and I will know that day if the IUI will be done on the 24th. Any advice on Clomid and a natural cycle is greatly appreciated.

Blessings,

Kim
MrsKTaylor

Re: Unsure if I should Continue Clomid

Postby Jzscott » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:49 pm

Hi Kim, I understand your worries about clomid, especially not knowing whether you even have issues conceiving in the first place. What were your doctors reasons for prescribing clomid if there was no issue? Since you're taking 2 pills each day, I assume this is 100mg? For your very first time TTC it seems odd they would start you on such a high dose. Had I been you, I don't think I would have started clomid without understanding why I was taking it in the first place. Since you've already started the clomid I would just finish this cycle and see how it goes. Luckily you'll be having a scan so they can see if there are any issues and overstimulation of your follicles. I hope you'll get your bfp this cycle!

I have been taking clomid for 3 cycles and haven't had any negative side effects or overstimulation of my ovaries. I started out on 50mg and worked up to 100mg which is where I am at right now. So far I have yet to get a bfp and still not sure if it's even making me ovulate. Everyone is different and responds differently to medication, but I hope that your first round will work for you!
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MrsKTaylor » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:27 pm

Thank you for your advice and great wishes. I really appreciate it. I'm just staying positive and trying my best to be patient. I'm so anxious and nervous. Thank you, again.
MrsKTaylor

Postby Emilia80 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:25 pm

I started clomid this cycle but I usially o on my own with no issues and have very regular 26 day cycles. But AF is now 3 days late and I assume it's due to clomid. I have no idea when I o bc this cycle I decided not to use OPK's bc was on holidays, am now stressing that my AF won't come!!! I'm starting to regret taking clomid. I took it bc I have one blocked tube and thought it would give me a stronger chance of o. Well idk if I even o now. I couldn't be monitored bc I was on holidays so everything is a guess. Have had HPT but bfn and that's fine bc we have no idea of o date. Ughhhhhh. I feel like Ive just ruined myself by taking this drug. Maybe once AF comes I won't feel this down but Im very panicky it's stopped my period all together.,
Emilia80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jzscott » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:13 pm

Emilia, I'm sorry you're so worried that Clomid has messed up your cycle. Sometimes it can make you ovulate later than usual and perhaps that's what's happened. I hope you'll get some answers soon though!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Emilia80 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:53 pm

jzscott, well feeling better now bc AF finally showed up! So will take it one more cycle and see how I go. I truly hope it works.
Emilia80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jzscott » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:40 pm

That's good news Emilia! I hope this next round does its job!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Emilia80 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Thanks jzscott I hope so too otherwise I'll prob have a breakdown. I don't understand how it can't work on ppl who already o on their own? Makes no sense to me at all!
Just started drinking rrlt, so hope that helps.
Emilia80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jzscott » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:48 am

Drugs can do amazing, and not so amazing, things! I know it's tough to stay positive but I have my fingers crossed that it will work for you. Have you mentioned to your doctor that it made your cycle much longer than usual? Maybe he'd have some good answers or suggestions for you.
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Emilia80 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:45 pm

Hi Jzscott, yeah I saw my gyno and told him and he said it's nothing to stress about as clomid can do that. It was only longer by 2 days so not a big deal he said. I guess maybe I o later than I originally thought as I didn't use opk so no real way to know it was all guessing . This cycle I am going to use opk, I have cheapies and cb OPK's. Will be testing everyday! I'm currently on cd5! Tkmorrow is my last dosage of 100mg of clomid. Wow the first dose gave me killer headaches! Im not having much other pains around the o is that normal? Shouldn't I be feeling something? Last cycle I felt nothing at all! This makes me worried clomid is not working. But will go for ultrasound on cd12 to check the follies.
Emilia80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jzscott » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:29 pm

I'm glad your doctor said it was normal and that you're having a scan to make sure your follicles are growing! I hope opks work for you as they should! Happy bding :) let me know how it goes!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Emilia80 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:41 pm

Thank u. My scan is next Monday. I'll let u know how I go. Today is last pill dosage of clomid, grow follies grow lol... Will be In touch monday. How's you're pregnancy coming along?
Emilia80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jzscott » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:42 am

That's great! I hope you have some nice sized follicles! So far, so good for me. No spotting or any sharp cramping or anything which is always a relief. I had my first scan yesterday and saw a gestational sac and yolk sac. Hopefully next week I'll get to see the fetal pole and maybe a heartbeat. :) My biggest symptoms so far are tiredness and sore boobs. I'm hoping I'll get some more symptoms in the next few days.
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Emilia80 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:32 am

Sounds great jzscott. How exciting. Wishing u a happy and healthy 9months. So it's only 1 baby? No twins :))) ???
Emilia80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jzscott » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:21 am

Thanks! I'm wishing you a BFP very soon! It looks like a single little baby! Which I am not disappointed. I just want at least one healthy baby to take home. :)
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Clomid and Femara