First cycle of Clomid.. please share your journeys!!

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First cycle of Clomid.. please share your journeys!!

Postby Beanyboo93 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:36 am

Hello my name is Sabrina, my nickname is Beany and I have been trying for a baby now for two and a half years. I was diagnosed with mild PCOS and I've had a hsg done which showed my tubes are clear and my egg quantity and quality are all fine! However my progesterone blood test showed that I was not ovulating at a level of 6.5 and was told by the fertility clinic that Clomid was needed. I have now started my first cycle on the 24th of February on CD 2-6 and I had a scan on the 6th of March to check the folilcles on my ovaries. It shown one large folicle on my right ovary but the nurse failed to tell me the actual size but said it was very big and she was very hopeful that ovulation will take place. I had my CD 21 progesterone blood test yesterday and I am going to ring tomorrow for my results.. Fingers crossed I have ovulated and stand a chance of having my BFP this month. That is my story, I have cut some out as it is a long one lol. Any other journeys and experiences.. I need a Clomid buddy I feel so disheartened already :(
Beanyboo93
Friend

Re: First cycle of Clomid.. please share your journeys!!

Postby Jzscott » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:40 pm

Hi Sabrina "Beany",
welcome! Two and a half years is a long time to be trying but I'm hopeful that clomid will help give you the baby you so desire! I'm very confused as to why they said you didn't ovulate with a 6.5 for progesterone. I've heard that a 5 means ovulation. But I'm glad you seem to be responding well to clomid and have a good sized follicle! Hopefully you're progesterone will confirm that you've ovulated! When do you think you'll starting testing?

I've had 3 rounds of clomid, although one of my rounds didn't count because AF came after just 4 days of taking the pills. I'm still waiting to ovulate as of right now, but I hope I do in the next few days. I have my day 21 progesterone check this Thursday but I know it won't register ovulation because I'm cd 19 and haven't ovulated yet. My doctor doesn't seem to think you should ovulate later than cd 14 so I just have to listen to him and take the test anyway and hope that I can track my own ovulation well enough to get pregnant. Clomid hasn't given me any side effects. I feel pretty normal on it.

Fingers crossed you'll get some good news tomorrow!
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Beanyboo93 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:11 am

My fertility doctor said that 6.5 means no ovulation occurred? I was devastated :(. I have been reading other stories which state that over 5 is good but I took his word for it :/. My dosage is 100mg I was started on that rather than 50 mg I don't know the reason for that but I have had no side effects but on the Friday 6th of March I had my first ever smiley opk!! On CD12 the day I had my ultrasound with that large folicle. I am ringing them up today for my results to see if ovulation occurred (if my progesterone levels are higher?) fingers crossed!! Oh I'm sorry to hear your struggle it is horrible isn't it. Especially when you see so many other women getting pregnant so easy. My sister is super fertile and even has a set of twins so I am seriously giving up hope :(. I do not know when to start testing... if the doctor says I have ovulated I will test tomorrow and go from there. What do you think? As today is CD 23?? Thankyou for your reply it's nice to know there are other women who understand the struggle. Sending you all the luck in the world!! Don't give up I have heard many stories of women who ovulate late on Clomid and get their BFP!! Fingers crossed for you :) x
Beanyboo93
Friend

Postby bignettyb » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:49 am

Hi Beany. Welcome! I hope clomid works for you. We've been trying for 3.5 years so I know how hard it can be. If they say you're not ovulating I'd go with it. Different clinics measure progesterone differently. So my progesterone was 23 originally which I was told was no ovulation and needed to be over 30. 100mg clomid got mine to 42. Try not to let things get you down - it is hard with everyone around you getting pregnant (I sometimes want to punch the next person who announces that they're pregnant!). Hang in there and believe it will happen xx
Husband and I both 35
TTC #1 for 4 years
7 cycles of Clomid 100mg on days 2-6 cycle - BFN
Losing weight to have IVF - over 2.5 stone lost so far
Back on clomid for final 3 cycle attempts
bignettyb
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby JessiBo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:18 am

Hey gals!

I'm glad this board exists, knowing there are others out there. A little backstory, me and the hubs have been trying for over two and a half years without even a wisp of a hint of pregnancy (I've never seen two lines).

Over the holidays I had three cycles in a row that had me convinced I was pregnant. In January af was five days late something that has never happened (she's never more than two and that hadn't happened in a year and a half). I was devasted and emotionally it was pulling me down big time. We finally went to an RE (we are self pay so it made sense to skip all the steps to the RE), hubs SA came back with flying colors abd I started my battery of tests.

Many pokes and prods later, all my blood work came back great in January, HSG was all clear, resting follies fantastic. I went back in February for day 3 blood work and my LH and FSH came back great as well. The only blip on our record was my AMH. I had a low ovarian reserve. Not totally gone but my numbers cut my chances in half. Added to the length we had already been trying and they gave us a 1%-2% chance naturally.

So here I am on clomid! First ultrasound and blood work for this cycle was clear and I finished the drugs on the 14th. Thankfully my side effects are minimal (but so annoying) hot flashes being the main offender. Now we are in the BD days and I have a ultrasound on Thursday to see how my follies did and when they will trigger me.

This has been an interesting cycle to say the least but man I am hoping it only takes once!
ME: 29 DH: 31 Married: 06/07/08 - TTC#1 for 2.5+ years
2/16/15 - Diagnosed low AMH (everything else was great)
3/10/15 - Clomid Round #1 - 2 follicles - BFN
JessiBo

Postby Beanyboo93 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:23 am

Hello everyone, well I had my results back and my progesterone level was 28.1 which the doctor said that she thinks I definately have ovulated this month she asked for me to go for another blood test today (luckily they had a cancellation and I managed to have one) as she wants to see it over 30 and she knows the test from today will show that. Even though she is adamant that the large folicle seen on the ultrasound has ovulated. So is a waiting game now to see if AF shows her ugly head or to see if I get a BFP. See I was the opposite my AMH levels came back too high and that's how I was diagnosed with pcos :/. Is so lovely to hear off you all knowing you understand and are on your own journey makes its more bearable. Thankyou :). I wonder why they test progesterone in different levels? She said 28.1 was good from the 6.5 the previous month but this second blood test was just to double check ?? Xx
Beanyboo93
Friend

Postby bignettyb » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:10 am

Fingers crossed for that raised result Beany. I think the different levels are more different units of measuring the same thing. It's all very confusing and I guess we just have to go with the professionals. I work in hospital and I find putting my fate in others hands very hard indeed - i'm used to being on the other side being the health professional in control!

Enjoy the BD days Jessi ;-) - fingers crossed for your BFP xxx
Husband and I both 35
TTC #1 for 4 years
7 cycles of Clomid 100mg on days 2-6 cycle - BFN
Losing weight to have IVF - over 2.5 stone lost so far
Back on clomid for final 3 cycle attempts
bignettyb
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby cuphalffull » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:32 am

I got pregnant my first 100 mg round! Hope it works for you!
Me: 31, overweight, AMH 2.2, FSH 2.3, no PCOS or diabetes
DH: 31
DD:5 (4/30/09) Conceived 1st month trying!
Trying for #2 since February 2014
November Clomid 50mg-no Ovulation by day 21 confirmed by Progesterone .38
immediately took 100mg Clomid for 5
days, confirmed ovulation!
BFP January 26
Brynn Catherine
Born September 24, 2015

My Ovulation Chart
cuphalffull
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby stephynew » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 am

Hi girls, I have been ttc for 10 years just thinking that one day it would happen. Eventually i have been diagnosed with pcos and been put on 50mg of clomid. Its great to know that i am not alone.
stephynew
Friend

Postby JessiBo » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:24 am

I had my follicle scan this morning. Two large follicles at 16mm and 18mm one on each side. They also triggered me, so the two week wait begins. Unfortunately my lining was a little thin so I have to add estradiol along with my progesterone. Boo more meds but if it means a BFP then I'll take it.

Beany - here's hoping for great progesterone numbers!
Cup - that's what I love hearing!
ME: 29 DH: 31 Married: 06/07/08 - TTC#1 for 2.5+ years
2/16/15 - Diagnosed low AMH (everything else was great)
3/10/15 - Clomid Round #1 - 2 follicles - BFN
JessiBo

Postby Beanyboo93 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:30 pm

I hope so I have to ring tomorrow to see if it is over 30 and will keep you up to date. I have really sore boobs but that's normal for me but usually I spot for a few days before my period but I have nothing yet. But I know it's too good to be true for me to be that lucky on round one of Clomid!!

Cup that is fantastic news!! Fingers crossed we all have our BfP's soon!! :)
Two folilcles is really good jessi!! The doctor said my lining was 10?? That's all I was told and she said that was ok? I don't understand what levels they work with when it comes to the uterus lining but hopefully this medication will put that straight for you! Your one step closer!! My fingers are crossed for you all :). X
Beanyboo93
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:29 pm

Good luck ladies, I hope to see you bfps!
I just got my positive opk today and I'm on CD21 so I'll probably ovulate by CD23. I'm on 100mg of clomid. Last cycle I ovulated on CD21 with 50mg clomid and started AF exactly 14 days later. I'm hoping this time I'll get my positive.

JessiBo, where are you from? That picture looks a lot like Colorado.
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kay44 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:43 am

Hi Beany and group! I decided to join because i feel like it would be helpful to connect with others who can relate. I started my first round of Clomid beginning of this month. I got my positive predictor test yesterday, which was cycle day 16. I had some cramping last night. I have also had a tingling sensation in my feet periodically. I'm glad the side effects weren't worse. I go back and forth from discouraged to hopeful with this process. My friend got pregnant first cycle pin Clomid so that feels really encouraging
kay44

Postby Jzscott » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:53 am

Welcome Kay! It looks like we are tww buddies! I'm on cd 23 right now but I just got my positive OPK on Thursday night so we are pretty close. I hope Clomid works for you! It is very discouraging when you try so hard and think you've done everything right and it still doesn't seem to work. My husband has been kind of a pain this whole cycle. He never seems to want to bd when we need to and I always feel like I'm forcing him. I do hope we made it in time to catch the egg.

A tingling sensation in your feet doesn't sound normal. You think it's from Clomid? I never got side effects from Clomid that I can recall. I'm glad your friend seemed to conceive quickly. I hope it goes the same for you.
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Beanyboo93 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:08 am

elcome kay!! it definitely helps to know that other women are on their own journey and are having different experiences with Clomid also. Well I have ovulated on Clomid but AF has just shown her ugly head so no BFP for me this month :(. I have never heard of tingling in the feet being a side effect? We all know how you feel I feel like I'm back at square one was really hoping for a BFP but another round of Clomid it is starting CD 2 tomorrow!! :/. I wish you all the best :)!

Jzscott I know what you mean my fiancé is exactly the same and that is why I have missed it this month I must have ovulated on the 8th of March (Sunday) and he was didn't want to BD that Sunday or Monday so I think we need to have a chat as I do not want to miss it again :(. Fingers crossed we all have that luck within the first few months!! :D xx
Beanyboo93
Friend

Next

Return to Clomid and Femara