First cycle of Clomid.. please share your journeys!!

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: First cycle of Clomid.. please share your journeys!!

Postby JessiBo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:37 am

Hey ladies! Hope you had a great weekend.

I'm on CD16 now and officially in the two week wait, which is weird as usually I'm only just now getting positive OPK's. The trigger shot moved everything up a few days. Hopefully both follicles ruptured and I am on my way to BFP. Definitely do all the BDing the RE wanted us too (we gave it a good college try) but we did load up plenty of hearts in my app. Now it's just the tortuous wait.

Jzscott - I am in from Denver and that is indeed Colorado Mt. Bernstandt to be exact ;)
ME: 29 DH: 31 Married: 06/07/08 - TTC#1 for 2.5+ years
2/16/15 - Diagnosed low AMH (everything else was great)
3/10/15 - Clomid Round #1 - 2 follicles - BFN
JessiBo

Postby Jzscott » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:59 pm

Hi Jessi, I hope your tww goes quickly! It sounds like you've done everything perfectly so I'll be shocked if I don't see your BFP! I'm 4dpo right now. Can't wait to test! But so nervous for a negative.

That's so awesome you're from colorado! You're the 2nd one I've met from here. It's amazing how I can just tell from a picture. Lol. I'm from Colorado Springs.
J&M <3
DS: 12/15/15
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby fairbeth09 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:46 am

Hi ladies I saw this thread and was hoping you could answer a question about clomid for me. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 14 months now with no luck not even a hint of pregnancy. So beginning of this year started all the fertility testing and they determined that I do not ovulate consistently and that when I do it is more often too late in the cycle for it to be a healthy egg. Husband was tested and came back normal and all the rest of my blood work is good. So anyway my dr decided to put me on clomid starting last month. Last month I took 50mg on days 5-9 and luckily no side effects other than very painful ovulation and delay of ovulation by 3 days but I did ovulate. Unfortunately no luck that month so this month 50mg again but on days 3-7. So yesterday was day 14 and I got a positive opk and today it was positive as well. I can definitely tell that I either am in the middle of ovulating or did last night because the pain is intense. So now to my question has anyone else been on clomid and experienced extremely painful ovulation that has lasted almost 2 days? Last month it was painful and woke me up out of a sound sleep but subsided the next day and was fine the rest of the month. This month I don't know if I'm maybe ovulating multiple eggs and that is the cause for the pain to linger or what. My dr isn't scanning me to see any progression I just get a day 21 progesterone check to confirm ovulation. I'm hoping you ladies might have some better insight for me because dr Google says I'm dying lol
fairbeth09
Friend

Postby Jzscott » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:48 am

Hi fairbeth,
I have had 3 rounds of clomid and I've noticed I do get pretty painful cramping but it's a couple days BEFORE ovulation. I don't know if that means anything but perhaps you're ovulating after your cramping as well and maybe missing your day. I haven't conceived yet, I'm actually in the tww right now hoping to test in the next week or so. Hopefully the cramping you're experiencing is positive and you'll conceive soon! Good luck!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JessiBo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:07 am

Fairbeth,

This is my first cycle on clomid (50mg), however I almost always feel when I ovulate anyway. It was definitely more pronounced on Clomid for me. I did the trigger shot this time (which all but guarantees ovulation) and within an hour I had a blazing hot OPK! The test line was twice as dark as the control line. I still had positive OPK's for the next three days, I think the trigger shot put my LH into overdrive.

I was monitored this go around and before they triggered me I had two follicles, one on each side ready to go, which I'm sure had to do with the extra intense ovulation pain. And I don't think both sides ovulated at the same time, I think my right went first and then my left side a day or so later.

I'm 6dpo now and I've had low grade cramps for the last two days, which I'm chalking up to Clomid. So much fun. It's really a smorgasbord of symptoms when it comes to Clomid.
ME: 29 DH: 31 Married: 06/07/08 - TTC#1 for 2.5+ years
2/16/15 - Diagnosed low AMH (everything else was great)
3/10/15 - Clomid Round #1 - 2 follicles - BFN
JessiBo

Postby Jzscott » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:45 pm

That's crazy how the trigger can do that to your LH. I would love to see my OPK get darker than the control line! Two follicles sounds promising! Maybe you'll get twins! I'm sorry you're feeling so crampy! I hope it ends in a BFP then maybe all that cramping will be totally worth it!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ayt0412 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:45 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Angie. I'm 26, have a daughter who is almost 11 and have been married for 2 years. I'm new to this so please bare with me. We've been TTC for almost 2 years with no luck AT ALL!! Unfortunately, we are both active duty Army and the Army's policy is you have to try for one year before they can even start to check for fertility issues. Anyways, last year we found out that I don't ovulate despite AF visiting regularly. I consulted with my PA and he said Clomid was not an option for me because of my history of ovarian cysts. My OB/GYN decided otherwise and agreed to give me Clomid if i tried taking 2 months of birth control to see if that would help. I did not get pregnant the following month. I scheduled my appt and a week later recieved orders to deploy within a week, so everything was put on hold. I just returned home 3 weeks ago and finally got to see my doctor and was prescribed 50mg of Clomid to take CD4-8. I started my first round on Tuesday and am a little nervous. I didn't get much information from her, but I was honestly unprepared as far as questions go, they all came to me after my appt. I notice several women here are taking ovulation tests and being monitored, but I'm not doing either. I keep hearing I'm thinking about it too much and stop trying. I don't want to do either, but I also don't want to miss out on something that could increase my chances. If the first round doesn't work I will get 100mg next month, but if the 2nd round doesn't work then I will be sent to a fertility clinic in Nashville where they will run tests on me and where they offer IVF. I guess all I'm looking for is support and advice if anyone has any.
ayt0412

Postby Jzscott » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:33 pm

Hi Angie, I'm sorry you're having such a rough experience TTC. I'm glad you've come here because there are wonderful ladies that will give you plenty of good advice! I'm glad your doctor is letting you try clomid. Hopefully you won't get any cysts. I'm surprised that they aren't doing ultrasounds for you to make sure you don't get too many. My advice if you aren't going to get any sort of monitoring is to definitely at least use ovulation tests. Sometimes clomid can really mess with you and either make you ovulate early, on time or late. Each time I've taken clomid I was told I should ovulate on cd 14. My first round I ovulated on cd 21 and 3rd I ovulated on cd 23 and got pregnant. If opks don't seem to work for you maybe you could try taking your temperature with a basal body thermometer! I look forward to seeing how clomid works for you. Keep us updated on what you decide to do!
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ayt0412 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:13 pm

I'm surprised too, but she said to call if I have any issues. I've had so many cysts, I'm sure I'll feel something. Is there a certain type of ovulation test that works, I told myself I would never go that far, but I've come to the point I feel I need to especially with the Clomid. The doctor told us to BD every other day so hopefully either that or the tests work. The only thing I'm seeing with the Clomid is the hot flashes and sweating at night and today (day 3) I'm very irritable!! Hopefully Round 1 or 2 works cause that's all they will approve for me :( and I will keep you updated and Congrats on your BFP that's awesome!!
ayt0412

Postby Jzscott » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:56 pm

For some reason I didn't get side effects of clomid. Hopefully yours do not last long or become unbearable. I would look on Amazon for wondfo opks. You can get a pack of 50 and 10 pregnancy tests for like 25 dollars and free shipping. The opks worked great for me! I'm pretty sure I ovulated 2 days after the positive opk but everyone is different. The pregnancy tests, on the other hand, are very weak. I'm getting much darker lines on other tests and very light lines on the wondfo brand but they still work so it's not that bad. Also, if you ovulate a little later, bding every other day can get exhausting. Opks make it a little easier. I'm sure you'll find what works for you and yor husband! Hopefully you won't have to go to round two! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ayt0412 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:28 am

So last night the hot flashes were not as bad as the first two days, I was able to sleep throught the night at least. Thanks, I will look into those tests, I've decided to try them even though I said I wouldn't. As far as BDing every other day we will figure it out, don't want to miss my window of opportunity. We will have our fingers crossed together and hope for some great news soon.
ayt0412

Postby Jzscott » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:28 am

I'm glad your side effects aren't too bad! Fingers crossed that it will work for you this cycle. :)
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ricemill » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:30 pm

Hey ladies! First time Clomid user here. Started on 50mg of Clomid this cycle CD6-10 which seems pretty late compared to most ladies. I was diagnosed with PCOS in January of this year after a year of TTC and two chemical pregnancies. I'M SO READY to be preggo! haha. Feels like it's taking forever. I'm trying to be ok with this being a long process and embrace it.

I did go in today for a CD13 scan. RE found three maturing follies: one 12mm and two 10mm. I will go back on CD16 for follow up. Hope they grow!

Let's keep each other posted!
ricemill
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jzscott » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi rice! Good luck with your first round of Clomid! you sound like you're having some good progress so I hope by cd 16 you'll have ovulated! TTC is such a rough process (especially when you experience losses). I hope this will work for you and you'll get your baby. :)
J&M <3
TTC #2
Jzscott
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby fairbeth09 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:14 am

Hi ladies hope everyone is doing well! I am currently 13 dpo and I have a feeling that this might finally be my month! I am trying to resist testing till Sunday so that I will be 1 day late but my symptoms seem very promising. And considering I have had them all before I'm trying to not get my hopes up but it's really hard Lol but these symptoms are different then last month and it's my second month of clomid so I just keep comparing to last month. So fingers crossed I'll update Sunday with the outcome unless I cave early lol

How is everyone else doing?
fairbeth09
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to Clomid and Femara