Has anyone had their cycles extended whilst on clomid?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Has anyone had their cycles extended whilst on clomid?

Postby Emilia80 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:56 pm

I am currently in the TWW and AF is due today. This cycle was my first month trying clomid ( my cycles are always on point, 26 day cycle, with a 12 day Lp).
My question is does clomid extend cycles? Lengthen the LP? I don't have any HPT to test and I would dash out to the shop to buy more but I don't wana disappoint myself with a bfn, so would rather wait it out. Thought maybe I should allow 2 more days for AF to show.
I did take a test at what I think was either 10 or 11 dpo but was stark white bfn.
Just looking to hear stories of those taking clomid whose cycles were extended bc of it.
Emilia80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Has anyone had their cycles extended whilst on clomid?

Postby Ttcbb4 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:20 am

I'm irregular so it's hard to say if it extended it, but I didn't o until late, between cd 17-21. I hope this helps. Bb dust!
Ttcbb4
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Waiting mommy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:01 am

I would say if you know you're past the 12 day LP then you should test. Do you know when you O'd?
Me (Maddie) 23

TTC #1 for 14 cycles

4/2/15- Clomid 100mg days 4-8
My Ovulation Chart
Waiting mommy
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Emilia80 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:44 pm

Waiting mommy, I have no idea now when I o.

still no AF. Am coming up to 2 days late so I am now convinced clomid made me O later, question is how late? I have no friggen clue, it's stuffed up my whole cycle now. Also not sure now if I even bd during the right window, ughhhh. I hate u clomid!

i remember not having any o pains which I thought was extremely odd as I always get them but when I thought I was meant to o no pains at all. Then almost about 5 days later I started expericing the o pains which I would normally get when I'm due to o. So am now sure maybe I o a week late which means my chances are slim to none of getting a bfp bc I think we only bd once or twice before that. If I am right!
Just worried about how to get back on track for my next cycle bc now I need to sort out my monthly period start dates and o dates. Ughhh.
Not sure if I shluld take clomid next cycle I'm so angry.

I was meant to O 24/25 March but I'm now sure I o later than that date and if j was to go by the o pains I was getting it prob wasn't until 31st March or 1 of April . It's all a guessing game now for me.
Anyway, will just now wait for AF. I'm sure she will arrive one day this week.
Emilia80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Clomid and Femara