No Luck with Clomid, stopped taking it, anyone else?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: No Luck with Clomid, stopped taking it, anyone else?

Postby Ard529 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:34 am

That is so great that you emailed, got a response back and calmed your nerves! I agree all of the information gives me anxiety too, its just so much and can be so confusing at times! And thats great to hear that you can try by yourselves before proceeding with IUI! My Dr. only wants me on clomid 1 more month and then we move to IUI, so I am praying as well that I get a BFP before then!

And I am very grateful for my in laws, they are always able to help and I truly appreciate them, but there are always consequences with it as well ( long story).

It is great that you ovulated!! Hopefully something sticks! And I know how frustrating the TWW can be, I am a basket case during that, goggling every symptom, thinking I have all of these symptoms..ugh its a mess! So I am hear for you if you need to vent!

I take my last clomid pill tomorrow and then the plan is the BD EOD! My husband and I are leaving for North Carolina for a small trip to visit family so I am excited to get away for a bit, not work and relax, hopefully it will take my mind off of things. I am so not looking forward to taking my temp everyday...ugh its just annoying and It does help that I know when I have ovulated, but then I become obsessed with studying the chart and on the verge of crying if my temp goes down after OV, so I guess thats just the game I have to play until it happens...we will see!

Hopefully we both can stay positive this month and remember that if its not our month, then we are still lucky girls with amazing husbands and come up with a plan for the next step!
Ard529

Postby BetsyLoo » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:25 am

LOL I do that exact same thing!!! Hubs thinks I'm crazy hahahaha! I 'feel' things I've never felt before, google it, search for it on here. I also reacted to Clomid oddly so I felt different, and my cycle was completely different, so that threw me for a loop! Fortunately some women had posted about that, so then I felt better that I wasn't going crazy. Yes, that trip should help you! Definitely need something to take your mind off of it, I know I try to stay busy. We are going to see his fam this weekend, just a quick trip to Myrtle Beach for the weekend, but at least I won't be at home wondering, then work all week next week, so we shall see!!!! I'm feeling very positive for both of us right now!!!! If you need to vent your symptom search or anything, I'm here :)

I've tried getting new hobbies too....at least I'm exercising more LOL! To keep busy, and my new hobbies are making my own body scrubs, body wash and lotions. But it doesn't take ALL of my time, so I'm going to start planning our wedding again.....long story for our relationship LOL, but 2nd time around he wasn't going to just 'live' with me, so since my parents were overseas and couldn't plan/spend the $$, we just went to the courthouse to get married. Then we were going to start the family first, at least one, then have the reception/party with friends/fam, got my dress, but starting a fam is taking much longer than we thought....so I can plan stuff, but have to hold off on other stuff until we can actually 'save-the-date', but I have fun researching ideas and stuff. Keeps my mind occupied.

Where in NC are you traveling to?
BetsyLoo

Postby Ard529 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:58 am

That will be great for you to get away for a little as well, I have never been to myrtle beach, but i hear its fun!

But your right staying busy is the best thing to do! I try to work out as much as I can, spend time with my dogs, and I like to draw so I do some of that as well!

Making body scrubs/ lotions sounds awesome! I have a friend who does that as well, i bet they are great and probably so much better for your skin! I think planning a wedding is the perfect distraction!! How exciting!!! Not sure if your on pinterest, but I am obsessed and have a great wedding board if you ever want to check it out, let me know! And your right even though trying to have a family first is taking longer than expected, it shouldn't keep you from moving on to the wedding ( reception) part.

My husband and I got married last October and while we were planning a wedding we also were trying to start a family, but it took it more seriously in September. Anyway planning my wedding was exciting and super stressful all at the same time, but the day was absolutely perfect!! I just told my husband today I wish I could go back to that day because it went by so fast and it really was the best day of my life..thus far!

We are going to the Raleigh/ Durham area. My husbands family ( uncle, aunt and cousin) lives there and they have been asking us to visit for years, so we finally decided to go! I am very excited, however I am not a fan of flying so that will be interesting, but I am just planning to drink before I get on the plane lol
Ard529

Postby BetsyLoo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:33 am

Raleigh Durham is a very nice place, plus the weather is getting nicer and nicer....my 2nd Mom lives there LOL! She moved down from NY also....close friend of my Mom's I've known my whole life. Of course I have like 10 Moms LOL...all her close friends, then 2 older sisters who always thought they were my Mom too. At least the flight won't be too long from OH to NC. Yeah you may need 2 drinks if you aren't a fan of flying :) Maybe take some dramamine so you are more relaxed. Hope you have a safe flight and a wonderful time with fam!!

MB is fun, my Husband is from there, so it is as exciting as it is for others vacationing, but it is still really nice. His family lives right outside of it. It's more fun when it's not tourist season, the traffic is awful during that time, but seeing fam is always good. I'm just not in the mood for one more person to ask us when we're going to have kids!!!! There's a couple people in his fam that ALWAYS ask me that, and I just want to punch them in the throat!!! Then they want to give us advice on 'how' to get pregnant, really????? We got this, thanks! I'm just going to tell the Hubs that if one person asks me, I'm out LOL!

OMG yes I'm a Pinterest lover for sure!!! I love finding new ice cream recipes, recipes in general, hairstyles, and I have some wedding stuff. Since it's taken us so long to conceive, I've gotten a lot of the ideas already. So I'm at a standstill kind of, can't reserve the spot until we have a date, which we won't have til we're pregnant....UGH! BUT I have my dress which I love, the bridesmaid dresses, centerpiece ideas, working on hairstyles for me, working on tuxes for the Hubs, have the location picked out, so I guess I could work on the flowers and the cake :) I'm on Pinterest as Betsy Blain.

Well I'm here if you need me! This weekend may be tougher to respond with visiting fam, but I'll get an email if you respond and need venting or anything!

Also, do you temp? I started the end of my cycle last month, and have been charting it on that FertilityFriend App, but I feel like my temp isn't 'normal'....it's odd. I always run a lower temp than the average person. But my temp has remained around the same, no big surge or anything when my OPK gave me the solid smiley. Monday morning with 1st solid smiley I was 96.9, Tuesday 2nd day solid smiley 97, and this morning I didn't use OPK and I was 96.9 again....I don't temp during the day since I'm not the only one in the office, am I supposed to? I take my temp from bed after my alarm goes off. During the week it's about the same exact time each morning unless I hit snooze, just on the wkends it's off on timing since Saturdays I sleep in....maybe the egg hasn't dropped yet even though I got the solid smiley after the flashing one?
BetsyLoo

Postby Ard529 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:37 am

I have two older sisters too! So I know how that goes thinking they are your mom as well!!
Are you from NY? I was born/ grew up there in Long Island and moved to Ohio when I was 7.
And yes a few drinks are def needed!

Hopefully no one asks when your having kids, but like you said I am sure someone will. I guess the only thing you can say is we are working on it or soon? Thats what i have been telling everyone and their mother lol. But it is super annoying and yes you do want to punch them! haha Maybe just change the subject fast too? It's hard and I get very annoyed when people say just relax...like seriously do you have any idea what i am going through!! UGHHH! But in spite of all that, I hope you have a great time and enjoy yourself :)

I will look you up on pinterest! I love it and pin all day long while I am working lol But yes work on the flowers and cake! I had the most beautiful cake picked out and when it go to the reception it looked like my 3 year old nephew designed it..ha! it was horrible, but it tasted great! Oh well, at least we had a cake!

Yes I temp, its drives me nuts and I do the same thing, right after alarm goes off I take my temp while I am still in bed, thats what my dr told me to do. I think thats the best time to take your temp, and mine is very low as well, I took mine this morning and it was 97.4, so usually it does get higher around O time and hopefully stays high. But your temps seem good at this point in your cycle. I chart my temps the old fashion way on paper, my dr gave me a form and i fax it every month.

Same here if you need anything! I can private message you my number too!!
Have a great Wednesday! I am just happy its my last day at work this week :)
Ard529

Postby BetsyLoo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:58 am

Yep, I was born and raised in Binghamton, NY....my family has been in NY forever LOL! Great grandparents, waaaayyyyy back. Crazy though, my Grandparents moved to Cleveland after my Dad graduated from HS, so my Aunts finished school there. He stayed in NY, and Mom is from Chicago, so I have a screwed up accent LOL! NY and Chicago, so people make fun of the way I say 'Mom', 'college', O's and A's in general LOL!

Yeah, I'll probably change the subject really fast LOL! If he decides to go, sometimes I have to force him like, ummm we haven't seen your Mom in a while LOL! Not that he doesn't love his fam, just gets irritated with some of them so we don't go as often as we used to.

Oh no about your cake! At least you have a funny story to tell about it now :)

Ok that makes me feel more calm about my temps then, I just don't understand it completely. So when should my temp rise and stay there? Then after it rises, if it drops drastically, then AF is coming, right? If it stays high, then I might get a BFP???

Awwwww lucky! I have to finish out the week! I swore last night when I went to bed, that today should be Friday LOL! NOPE! Enjoy yourself as well!! Hope you have a safe flight and a wonderful time :)
BetsyLoo

Previous

Return to Clomid and Femara