Is clomid making me crazy? !

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Is clomid making me crazy? !

Postby angelh77 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:00 pm

I am on my 4th cycle of clomid, 100 mg. I am new to message boards and am not sure all how this works. I am 35, I have no children and my husband and I are so anxious to start a family as I'm sure everyone on here is. We started clomid because of my age and because i wasn't getting pregnant on my own. We had agreed to do 6 cycles and then would be referred to a fertility clinic. I had blood tests and ultrasound and the Dr gave the go ahead. I'm on my 4th cycle and do not feel well at all. I knew about the hot flashes, and it is annoying but I think I can get past it. but today I have been a complete emotional wreck. I was supposed to go to a baby shower (I have 4 pregnant friends ) and could not get myself to go. I was very irritable, moody, then crying and sad. This is not like me at all. I of course have moments, but not lying on the floor ssobbing. My poor husband just had no idea what to do lol we went for a drive and I was able to get a grip. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced mood swings like this on clomid?
angelh77
Friend

Re: Is clomid making me crazy? !

Postby Ttcbb4 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:46 pm

Oh honey, I'm sorry. Yes, it does make you a little cray-cray. ;) it messes with your hormones and that causes an "out of control" feeling. That's how I describe it anyway. Like, normally I'd be able to take a deep breath and get myself together but instead I have full on tears streaming down my face! And two seconds later I'll be laughing. So weird. Hot flashes make me crazy too. I get beads of sweat mid convo. Ugh. Hang in there, I'll be rooting for you!
Ttcbb4
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: Is clomid making me crazy? !

Postby angelh77 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:38 am

Thanks, yes the hot flashes are ridiculous. It can be embarrassing when you start sweating for no reason. I never realized it would be so difficult to get pregnant.
angelh77
Friend

Return to Clomid and Femara