severe ovary pain on clomid?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

severe ovary pain on clomid?

Postby Emilia80 » Sat May 09, 2015 6:23 pm

I started my 3rd cycle on clomid this month, have taken 2 pills already starting at cd3-7! Last two cycles I felt nothing, no side effects at all, had a headache for a day but that subsided. I was on 100mg and agajn this cycles 100mg. But for the last 2 days I've been having very painful ovary pain on the left side which is where I usually o from. I'm getting a little scared. Not sure I want to finish the pack of pills. I'm worried is this a sign of developing cysts? Did anyone have any o pain while on clomid that was really painful. I've never ever had o pain before so it's kinda freakin me out.
Emilia80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: severe ovary pain on clomid?

Postby Babymona39 » Sun May 10, 2015 6:52 am

Sorry you're having pains. I hear that it's normal around ovulation, but not sure about while you're taking it. Did your doctor do ultrasounds to check for mature follicles from the last cycles of clomid? I had dull cramps starting at 5 days after i completed the 5 days of 100mg clomid and my doctor verified with ultrasound at day 14 that it's because i had a few follicles that were ready to pop (one was about 30mm). The day after i ovulated, i had baaad burning cramps, it hurt to even sit...but it went away. Take some Tylenol. Be careful of ovarian hyper stimulated syndrome. If it continues to get worse, don't freak out, but i would call to see if they want to do an ultrasound.
TTC#1
DH: 32, SA (poor morphology 30%)
Me: 29, diagnosed with PCOS April 2013
Tried to correct it and conceive naturally
Jan 2015: started Metformin
May 2015: 1st round Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Babymona39

Postby Emilia80 » Sun May 10, 2015 5:21 pm

Thank u so much for the reply, the pain has gone now. I'm now thinking how early can someone o? Can u o while still taking clomid pills? I know it sounds bizarre but wow from the pain I was having it sure felt like I waa o and I also had ewcm so it seems strange! I hope not bc I just finished af yesterday. So no time for bd. Still have 2 tablets left off the pack to take.
Emilia80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Babymona39 » Sun May 10, 2015 7:10 pm

Glad the pain is gone. Not sure what it would be but it's suspicious because you had such high doses of clomid already. Even if you did O, probably wouldn't have worked out if you just sloughed off your uterine lining. Hope this next cycle works out for you and is pain-free!
TTC#1
DH: 32, SA (poor morphology 30%)
Me: 29, diagnosed with PCOS April 2013
Tried to correct it and conceive naturally
Jan 2015: started Metformin
May 2015: 1st round Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Babymona39

Postby Emilia80 » Sun May 10, 2015 10:47 pm

The pain is back but not as bad just more tender. My gyno asked me to go have an ultrasound tomorrow but it's $200 and atm I'm not working so idk what to do. I'm worried that it's cyst but could that already start developing from day 1 of taking clomid? First cycle I was on 50 and felt nothing at all. 2nd cycle I was on 100 and had bad bad headaches for 2 days then it went, now this cycle it's o pain, I'm wondering if maybe this cycle I'm just developing more follies hence the pain or the clomid this cycle is just really shaking up my o, I usually o on my own.
I mean maybe I'll o earlier this cycle like once I finish the pack but I can't do OPK's bc they say u need to wait 3 days after ur last pill or you'll get a false positive, I guess ultrasound is the only way to know for sure ughhhhhh. What a mess.
Emilia80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tinleykayewash » Wed May 13, 2015 4:57 am

I always feel pain or tight ovaries but it's mild while I Take it, then right before I O I get pretty intense ovulation cramps. I don't feel like it's anything to worry about as long as it subsides after O.
My Ovulation Chart

Me 32, DH 36
3 FUR BABIES :)
BFP 1st cycle Clomid 8/13 BFP
MC 10/13 @ 8 weeks
12/14 2nd Clomid Cycle: BFN
5/15-1/16 50 MG CLOMID....ALL BFN cd 21 progesterone 34
1/16 100 MG CLOMID- BFP 10DPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! progesterone @ 4dpo=43
Beta # 1 22dpo= 5600 HCG 50 Prog.
DD born: 10/13/16 7 lbs. 14 oz.!!!!
Tinleykayewash
Girlfriend