Clomid hot flashes

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Clomid hot flashes

Postby Babymona39 » Tue May 19, 2015 3:19 am

Hi ladies. This is my first time on clomid 100mg, days 3-7. Ovulation confirmed by ultrasound, very noticeable biphasic bbt, and bad burning cramps. I'm 12 dpo this morning and have had hot flashes/night sweats three nights in a row. I read it's a common side effect, but i was curious when everyone else felt it in their cycles (and when it stops??) Also have tender breasts and bloating which are normal pms symptoms for me. I read that hot flashes are also an early pregnancy sign? Trying to hold out from testing, two more days. Any other clomid users experience this? Thanks
TTC#1
DH: 32, SA (poor morphology 30%)
Me: 29, diagnosed with PCOS April 2013
Tried to correct it and conceive naturally
Jan 2015: started Metformin
May 2015: 1st round Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Babymona39

Re: Clomid hot flashes

Postby jamiesg » Tue May 19, 2015 1:49 pm

I have had some lovely hot flashes since I started clomid three months ago! They seem to start the day I take my first pill which is cd3. I take them at night so I get the hot flashes at night making it fun to get a good nights sleep!! This month I am still having hot flashes on cd15. They may be from ovulation as I suspect I am ovulating today. Most of the time my hot flashes only last 2-3 days after I take my last pill on cd7
DH 33
ME 29

1st cycle clomid cd 5-9- BFN
2nd cycle clomid cd3-7 BFN
3rd cycle clomid cd3-7 BFN

HSG- October 2015 tubes clear

Image Married 7-20-2013
TTC #1
jamiesg
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Babymona39 » Tue May 19, 2015 8:28 pm

Thanks for sharing. I didnt have any hot flashes while taking the clomid. Weird. Also, i caved and tested but hpt was a BFN.
TTC#1
DH: 32, SA (poor morphology 30%)
Me: 29, diagnosed with PCOS April 2013
Tried to correct it and conceive naturally
Jan 2015: started Metformin
May 2015: 1st round Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Babymona39

Postby jmendez84 » Sun May 24, 2015 12:54 pm

This is my first cycle on clomid too. I have been getting hot flashes since the day I started..day one wasn't so bad and since I'm also on prednisone which causes hot flashes I just assumed it was that...but I'm on day 3 of a cycle day5-9 50mg dose and I just about passed out with how hot and sweaty I got. Drank a glass of cool water,stripped down and turned the fan up on high! :omg: I heard they can last even up to a few days after you stop taking the last pill. I take mine first thing in the morning so the hot flashes come during the afternoon (I live in TX--yikes!) but it's tolerable. I've also noticed sore and tender boobs just today. AND I've been extra frisky the last two nights... hehe which I suppose will be a good thing when we get the go ahead to try!

Good luck with everything would love to keep in touch and by clomid cycle buddies if we don't succeed this month!
Me-30
DH-38
1 m/c Jan 5,2012
TTC # 1 since Nov. 2011
Round 1 Clomid 50 mg 5/15
jmendez84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to Clomid and Femara