Question for Clomid Experts - 1st Round Ultrasound!

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Question for Clomid Experts - 1st Round Ultrasound!

Postby hero7 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:56 pm

Hey there!

I started Clomid 50mg CD3-7 last week. Today I had my CD13 ultrasound. The Doc said there was one follicle on the left ovary measuring 14 (is it mm??). He said it's usually 18-20 before the egg is mature. So he wasn't sure if the egg had already been released or it was still maturing and would be released this weekend. He seemed more unsure when I told him I had gotten +OPKs on Monday night & Tues morning (CD11-12).

He suggested we BD on Friday & Sunday this week.

Earlier today I had a bunch of EWCM which I noticed when wiping (doesn't usually happen, I usually have to check for it!).

Because of the EWCM & the +OPKs I am thinking we should BD TODAY too (we already BD'd Sun & Mon) What if the egg was just released and the follie shrunk back down to 14 already?

What do you all think?
Me: 38
Hubby: 42

Married 11/2/2014
TTC #1

March 2015 - confirmed early MC/CP
May & June 2015 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
July 2015 - Testing done: AMH 0.72, FSH 10, DH SA #s are great, but lowish morphology
Aug 2015 - Follistim w/ timed - BFN
Oct 2015 - Follistim w/ IUI - BFN
Dec 2015 - New RE!! Updated labs - AMH is now 1.3! Started IVF meds 12/31, retrieval mid-Jan
hero7
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: Question for Clomid Experts - 1st Round Ultrasound!

Postby Danaa » Thu May 21, 2015 3:18 am

Yes the follies are measured in mm,14mm is very small to be considered mature,wasn't ur doctor worried?And how in Gods name he doesn't know the difference between corpus luteum and a follie?I don't believe the follie gets smaller after you O,I had the chance to watch my corpus luteum 72h after the follie breaked,it was the same size but the doc told me I already O in the last 72h,he explained but I don't remember,it was a bit different but in the same place and size!!Do you have a follow up ultrasound?When in doubt just BD!!But at 14mm there a chance that follie isn't mature enough for an egg!!!I did read the clomid can give false +opk's!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Clomid and Femara