Not Responding but Over Responding

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Not Responding but Over Responding

Postby daystardreams » Sun May 24, 2015 11:17 am

Hi all, I have PCOS, this is my first Femara (actually Letrozole) cycle, 13th cycle of TTC though. My doctor told me if I didn't get a positive OPK by CD 16 to come in for an ultrasound. So we did the ultrasound on CD 17 and she told me that I had about 10 follicles on each ovary and she measured at least three or four that were 10 mm on each side.

She told me that since there wasn't a dominant follicle by now that I would not ovulate this month. So I asked if we could up the dosage for next month and she said that since I over responded with so many follicles that she was too nervous of OHSS and HOM so we would do another round of 2.5 mg Letrozole for days 3-7.

How can I have not responded but over responded at the same time? Has anyone had around six 10 mm follicles this late in the cycle and still have one be dominant and ovulate later? Should I keep taking OPKs or is it a waste? I'm so confused! Thanks in advance for your opinions.
DX: PCOS ME: 24 | DH 28
BFP #1:2/21/14 EDD:10/31/14 D&C:4/3/14
BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD:8/27/15 NMC:12/25/14
Femara Cycle #1: May '15 BFN
Femara Cycle #2: June '15
BFP #3: 7/17/15 EDD: 3/27/15 Be our rainbow!
daystardreams

Re: Not Responding but Over Responding

Postby Danaa » Sun May 24, 2015 12:15 pm

I have no experience with Femara or Clomid but I do have experience with similar drugs(injectables)GonalF,Menopur etc,I believe ur doc is right the risk of OHSS is huge!!If you and ur doc decide to up the dosage or change meds I highly recommend the ones I used,no side effects no nasty symptoms but they are a bit pricey,make sure you have constant monitoring!listen to ur doc and try onother round his/hers way I you feel you get no where then I would find onother good doc go listen to my opinions!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby daystardreams » Sun May 24, 2015 2:25 pm

Danaa wrote:I have no experience with Femara or Clomid but I do have experience with similar drugs(injectables)GonalF,Menopur etc,I believe ur doc is right the risk of OHSS is huge!!If you and ur doc decide to up the dosage or change meds I highly recommend the ones I used,no side effects no nasty symptoms but they are a bit pricey,make sure you have constant monitoring!listen to ur doc and try onother round his/hers way I you feel you get no where then I would find onother good doc go listen to my opinions!

I agree about the risk of OHSS and we will definitely follow protocol about that. I'm mostly curious about whether I could ovulate later this cycle. My doctor said no but before this cycle, I have ovulated as late as CD 28 before on unmedicated cycles.
DX: PCOS ME: 24 | DH 28
BFP #1:2/21/14 EDD:10/31/14 D&C:4/3/14
BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD:8/27/15 NMC:12/25/14
Femara Cycle #1: May '15 BFN
Femara Cycle #2: June '15
BFP #3: 7/17/15 EDD: 3/27/15 Be our rainbow!
daystardreams

Postby Danaa » Sun May 24, 2015 3:23 pm

Yes you could O later!!Why not the follies are still there,continue with opk's!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Clomid and Femara