Femara --> 3 same sized follicles! multiples?

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Femara --> 3 same sized follicles! multiples?

Postby Lauriecake » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:55 am

Hi ladies,

Just returned from my 2nd sonogram to look at how I've been responding to femara. I'm on CD16 and I have three follicles all hovering around 14mm (one of these was 14mm two days prior, no movement there). I have other follicels, but they are all around ~10mm. This is our first round of femara and I'm sort of at a crossroads on what to do. Any thoughts on if I should continue with the ovidrel trigger or too risky for multiples? I know it's probably ~15% chance of twins.

MY RE said we could bump up my femara next time to 5mg (from 2.5mg) to get quicker growing/more efficient growing follicles with hopefully more of a dominant one. She also said she could give me more femara RIGHT now to bump them up in growth and see what happens. Anyone have advice here? I'm disappointed to say the least after having that feeling of hope! It's such a hard judgement call....
Lauriecake

Re: Femara --> 3 same sized follicles! multiples?

Postby southernbelle » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:57 pm

Update? I'm about to start meds and I'm clueless! :)
southernbelle

Re: Femara --> 3 same sized follicles! multiples?

Postby TTCBabyBoy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:06 pm

It certainly is possible, but not all follies will always pop :). I would still do the trigger. Glad you got 3 though, that just increases your chances of a good egg!! Now if you had 8, you might end up with your own TV show so at least 3 is better than 8 ;)
TTC #3 after IUD removal August 3rd, 2015.
DH: 36
Me: 29
DD#1 is 5 and DD#2 is 3!
TTCBabyBoy
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Clomid and Femara