TTC cycle 1 with femara and novarel!!!!!!

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

TTC cycle 1 with femara and novarel!!!!!!

Postby collinswife2012 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:17 pm

Okay so I finally was diagnosed with PCOS through an RE. They put me on a diet I lost a few pounds and my insulin levels are back down to normal :D we were going to try in July but I had a huge cyst on my left ovary and some abnormal spots in my uterus. they put me on Birth control for a month and all seemed well after two weeks of being on the bc. I am currently still on the bc until Monday and on Thursday I go to the RE for a baseline and another ultrasound. if all is well we get to try for the first time with monitoring femara and possibly novarel. :D so my questions for you ladies are what is a monitored cycle like? how often do you have to go to the doctor for ultrasounds and blood work? how do they decide when or if you need the trigger shot?
collinswife2012

Re: TTC cycle 1 with femara and novarel!!!!!!

Postby Eva_6688 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:16 pm

Hello,

This is my first round with Femara as well. I had to go in about once for a baseline ultrasound and blood work. I then went back about a week later to see how many follicles I had. At that point I had 2, one on each ovary, that were 11 and 12 mm. I then went again a week later and saw I only had one follicle that took off and grew it was at 17. Every single time I went for an ultrasound I got blood work done. My last ultrasound was on CD 17 and that's when it was 17mm. My doctor said that depending on my blood work he would let me know when I needed to trigger. When they called me back that same day with my test results the doctor said I should trigger the next day in the morning. Its CD 23 today and 4 DPO and 5 DPT. I am on my TWW. I go back on the 29th for progesterone and back on 10/6 for my beta. Baby Dust to you and I'll keep my FX for you.
Eva_6688

Return to Clomid and Femara