Unexplained infertility

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Unexplained infertility

Postby hopeful4-2 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:14 am

Hello ladies yesterday I had my doctors appointment and found out that my husband sperm is that of Superman. Lol I was so scared about that we've been trying for about a year and a half now. I also had an HSG test which wasn't as painful as I thought it was going to be I also got prescribed Femara 2.5mg. Ovulate on my own every month but he prescribed this since he also told me I had unexplained infertility. I'm so excited to start to Schoeny but after reading a lot it seems like 2.5 mg is very little does anybody have any success with this without using a trigger shot or an IUI
hopeful4-2

Re: Unexplained infertility

Postby Shaebaby44 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:42 pm

Starting on a low dose is very common, especially if you do already ovulate on your own. Your doctor will increase your dose as he/she sees fit, and you will look at additional things like trigger shot etc if your medicated attempts remain unsuccessful. Don't worry about it too much :)
Lisa (29, PCOS), Danny (37)
TTC #1
NT/NP 10 years, actively trying since August 2015
Sept/Oct 2015 - Provera, Clomid 50mg - anovulatory
Oct/Nov 2015 - Provera, Clomid 100mg - anovulatory
Dec 2015/Jan 2016 - Provera, Clomid 150mg - anovulatory
Feb 2016/May 2016 - Vitex, Ferro f-tab
May 2016/Jun 2016 - Provera, Clomid 100mg - In progress

Shaebaby44
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Re: Unexplained infertility

Postby dbliz » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:44 am

Hi Hopeful4-2

I am in the same boat as you. DH sperm is good, my HSG was all clear and so Dr labeled me as Unexplained infertility. I almost wish there was a reason so I knew what to focus on!! lol

I was started on clomid 50mgs last cycle no IUI just timed BD. I ovulated last month but got a BFN. This is my first cycle IUI on meds, had a CD12 scan and have two good size follicles on my right. I am supposed to detect surge on my own then call in to schedule IUI next day. This is driving me nuts so far, b/c I am scared I am going to miss it. If this cycle fails, we may move on to injections that my dr recommended and this time I will tell him I want a trigger shot. These OPKs are stressful and expensive since they have me using the clear blue advance digital.

Starting on a low dose of your meds is ideal. They have to see how you respond first. If they give you too much and you produce to many follicles most responsible Drs would cancel your IUI for that cycle due to increase risk of multiples. Plus you don't want to overwork your ovaries so quickly. Good luck this cycle...sending baby dust your way!!
TTC #1 Together (DH has a son 13 yo)
Me: 34
DH: 39
TTC since July 2014
Short cycles 24-26 days
July 2015 DH SA 85.5 Mil, 52% Motility, 9% Morph
August 2015 Me HSG- tubes clear, first CD 3 baseline blood work and ultra sound - all normal, possible elevated FSH 10.3
August cycle no ovulation detected
09/15-07/15 - 7 rounds of clomid 50mg - 100mg timed BD and 2 IUI attempts
Taking a break
09/16 - Gonal f + IUI in progress....
http://FertilityFriend.com/home/5e13c0/
dbliz
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Return to Clomid and Femara