I am so confused

Adding Clomid or Femara to your cycle? Find some friends here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

I am so confused

Postby Belzie2534 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:32 am

So I went in this morning for the ultrasound to measure my follicles. The nurse asked me if I would be interested in the trigger shot if they Doctor thought it was ok and I said yes. Last month I didn't do the trigger shot because my insurance doesn't cover infertility and the shot was 385 dollars. I researched with my pharmacist about cheaper shot solutions and talked with the nurses at my Dr. Office. So the nurse comes back into the room and said the doctor said we aren't going to do the trigger shot because one follicle is over the top and the second one is too immature. I took clomid days 5-9 and am now on cycle day 13. I asked the nurse if there was any way to even be able to get pregnant this month and she said that it is possible. I have done taking my temperature in the past and it's never consistent enough to be accurate and the doctor told me to do the ovulation tests. Last month I never had the ovulation show up on the tests at all. My husband and I are at a loss of what to think because we don't understand what to do. What does it mean when the doctor says a follicle is over the top. Does that mean it's not going to work? We have literally been trying everything; every suggestion others make. We just need some guidance.
Belzie2534

Re: I am so confused

Postby Danaa » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:42 am

Hello there,I can understand how hard this might be for you!!I believe first of all your doctor should be able to answer to all of ur questions,I don't know what he ment by saying over the top,probably he ment too mature or mature enough to ovulate soon.To make this journey less stressful you need to have a good relationship with ur doc.Try using opks a few times a day maybe that can help pinpoint O day better.temping and opks do make a good team.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Clomid and Femara